PDA

View Full Version : quick question!!

atvRiDa400ex
11-01-2006, 09:23 PM
well i got the bug to change my handlebars today to my new black fly ones and upon getting my old ones about 3/4 of the way all taken off i came upon a screw that was holding my throttle to my handlebars...i got one of the screws loose, but the other one was way too tight and i completley stripped it.

my question, is there any way to get that screw out with out causing any damage?...if i have to i will saw the head off and try to get another screw.

thanks
'aric

CRich[814]
11-01-2006, 09:26 PM
take a little dremel tool or cutting disk and make a slit then loosen it carefully with a flathead screwdriver. hope that works.

Kaleigh
11-02-2006, 03:31 AM
try to put the screwdrive in and hit it with a hammer.. not hard.. but keep tapping on it as you try to turn the screw.. if that doesnt work.. I would be a tool for removing stripped bolts.. it should only cost like $10 or so.. well worth the money cause you can use it on alot of things.. sometimes if a allen key doesnt work a torque bit will work.. just a couple suggestions cause I had the same problem (the hammer worked for me) I used the bolt remover on a headbolt that I stripped.

krt400ex
11-02-2006, 09:13 AM
u can get some easy outs from sears. they work very good

atvRiDa400ex
11-02-2006, 04:43 PM
wow finally its all good i tried some vise grips and it cam right out! thanks

atvRiDa400ex
11-02-2006, 04:43 PM
wow finally its all good i tried some vise grips and it came right out! thanks