PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions for the experienced......

Quadboy14
11-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Ok, heres the question, my first quad was a stock 2000 blaster, I sold it and up until allittle while have been riding a mojave, I recently traded it for another blaster (a 95, all stock ecxept a fmf slip-on) it's been awhile since i've heard a blaster, is it normal to have a slight wirring, or humming from the motor? And if bearings are going bad will they get hot? thanks in advance

rooster_20
11-01-2006, 10:09 PM
As long as its not too loud my little brothers makes all kinds of noise.

2muchquad
11-02-2006, 09:39 PM
A whirring or humming could be a clutch or counter balancer bearing.Most blasters make some metallic clanking or diesel type noises at idle but not a "whirring".:) I would look into the clutch assembly

Toadz400
11-02-2006, 11:22 PM
I believe it's normal, my friend's Blaster always had a funky sound to it no matter what. His engine has been gone through and rebuilt so many times it's not even funny, so I probably wouldn't worry about it unless it was really bad.

11-03-2006, 01:33 AM
my friend had a blaster and it sounded like marbles were in the exhaust :confused:

Quadboy14
11-03-2006, 06:38 AM
The diesel thing sounds rite...... got news for ya kickstart, all blasters sound like they got marbles in the exaust, LOL... honestly no idea what that would be.

11-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Quadboy14
The diesel thing sounds rite...... got news for ya kickstart, all blasters sound like they got marbles in the exaust, LOL... honestly no idea what that would be.

yea i know but i want to know WTF it is :huh

lol someone open up the exhaust and see it there is a marble :macho