PDA

View Full Version : +1 or +2 stem??? h-bars???

zeus54
11-01-2006, 06:43 PM
all opinions welcome! what are you guys using for your setups for woods or track riding? how tall are you? are you comfortable with your current setup? what do like and what don't you like about it?
now this question is pertaining to mainly honda guys, but i'll take anything into consideration. thanks to all that spends a few minutes of their day to answer, it is appreciated. thanks again

ryann mx68
11-02-2006, 06:45 AM
houser +2 and protaper fat bars

i didnt like it at first, coming from same bars on stock stem. i was really used to the way it felt. it took a full day to get used to the way it handled/reacted in diff situations. it was like riding someone elses quad, ya know what i mean

now i absolutly love it

tltcracing
11-02-2006, 07:26 PM
i am about 6 1. i run a houser +2 with a cr low bend bars. like said before it did take a wile to get used to the setup but after my comfort was back i was able to ride longer because of the improved body position. i love the feel of my setup and wouldent change a thing. oh and i ride mx.

eganracing
11-02-2006, 08:01 PM
a +2 steering stem has been by far the best purchase i have made on my 450 so far. i have the same setup as ryann mx68 and i totally love it. im 6 foot and i race mx.

gbcap
11-02-2006, 08:09 PM
i have had stock +1 and +2 set ups. I put on the +2 and fast mx bars....hated it on the mx track. felt like i was too high on the bike. flet like i couldn't get low enough in the turns.

the +2 on the xc track was amazing tho. could stand up much better to negotiate the tricky stuff and wasn't nearly as bent over. i was alot less winded after a race with the +2 and protaper mid rise bars. i might even go with the high raise bars for 07.

when i build my mx bike i am going to put my +1 stem on it with mid rise bars. it gives me a decent position while still letting me get really low in the corners.