PDA

View Full Version : 440 sleeve clearance?

togup
11-01-2006, 06:05 PM
I've got a 440 kit ,studs,piston,gaskets,and a namura sleeve, but my machinist isnt familiar with it. So he asks me whats the clearance for the sleeve install? I say I dont know .There isnt any info on the sleeve, Im not even sure how to get the sleeve out- bore or press? I know there is a machinist or someone who knows this info in this forum I've seen 440 alot .He says it is very important for this info to be correct so please no guessing i would appreciate accurate info.

christophere251
11-02-2006, 03:03 PM
The way my machinest did it was - He heated the sleeve then pressed the stock sleeve out with the sleeve out he then bored the jug out to the diameter of the sleeve. then he pressed the sleeve into the jug while heating it. the new sleeve / cylinder was then bored out to the size of the piston (89mm). My quad absolutly rips! i can take any stock 450 and most with external mods like pipes and filters and jets. the only time i get beat is when they start goin in the motor.

BSTURDIVANT
11-02-2006, 06:27 PM
.004 press fit heat to 300 degrees for 1 hr. sleeve will slide in! make sure he knows to counterbore for the oversize flange! Seat
the sleeve with a big plate on top in the press (or with big hammer on the plate) then deck the cylinder. Bore to .003 clearance.

togup
11-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Thanks a bunch i was about to freak out theyre waiting on me to give them info so they can start.