PDA

View Full Version : House arrest

j_cyrus3
11-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Well, I went to court today over truency... Very stupid move on my part to miss so much school, I went 7 days over the limit of the 5 days we are allowed to miss. 50$ a day for every day I missed, plus court costs. Can't think of anything to do besides sit around and watch tv or play PS2. Guess i'll start going to school from now on. Not aloud to leave the house at all besides go to school. It sucks and this is just my first day :( Oh well i'll stop rantin now. If anyone else has been on house arrest let me know what you done while you were at home, I need some ideas.

CRich[814]
11-01-2006, 04:12 PM
id get a klx110 or xr70 and built a tiny track and do wheelies in the driveway. ive missed about 20 days a year since third grade. i get sick alot lol.

250ex13
11-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Can you really have too go to court for missing school? If so, I'm F*cked.

j_cyrus3
11-01-2006, 04:19 PM
You can here in Tennessee. Im having to pay the fines out of my pocket, which is whats right since im the idiot that wanted to miss. I guess im just gonna work on the Honda the whole time.. It will be in tip top shape when I get ready to ride again I guess.

700bRad
11-01-2006, 04:54 PM
My juior year I missed 36 days all from skipping, and my senior year I missed 42 all from skipping. I used to leave after the first couple hours, and go to sleep in the backseat of my buddies old Buick lol. I did that a couple times. I cracked some people up when they would run through the parking lot during PE and look into the window and see some guy sleeping in the backseat of a car lol. Either did that or would just drive home and play video games all day. Always had a story to back myself up though. I was the guy that didnt give a f*** and just wanted to party all the time. Even though ive matured a great deal I still dont regret anything that I did in high school. I had a blast.

hartnett18
11-01-2006, 05:00 PM
hahah that many days dude and nobody noticed anything a little bit weird lol. thats crazy

quader400
11-01-2006, 05:12 PM
thank god i dont live in tennesse i would have gotten the gas chamber. on average i went to class as much as i missed class. haha well good luck to you man.

j_cyrus3
11-01-2006, 05:22 PM
I just couldn't believe such a strict punishment, I also got 56 hours of community service and probation for 6 MONTHS. If im good, they will let me off in December....

440bigborekit
11-01-2006, 05:30 PM
damn man thats sucks. i dont believe they should punish you for not going to school this would realy drvie me to drop out.

LTZ400rider
11-01-2006, 05:35 PM
i know people that got probation and lost their license for truancy. 11th grade i was late every single day the first 2 months pretty much and usually id come in around lunch time. it was a big joke finally they sent me to a alternative school and i came in late everyday again then finally i just dropped out. i dont regret anything either

700bRad
11-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by hartnett18
hahah that many days dude and nobody noticed anything a little bit weird lol. thats crazy

O they knew something was up. The time I was there I was usually sitting in the Deans office or in the front row of every classroom.

bulkdriverlp
11-01-2006, 06:21 PM
my nephew was on that for a while, then probation, now he failed 2 drug tests, 15yrs old. now hes in jail for 30days with school release. if you dont learn early you end up a carrer criminal. good luck

honduh440
11-01-2006, 06:31 PM
belive it or not but i didnt go to school 1 day my entire senior year then went to summer school for 2 months and im looking at my diploma right now

firefighterjosh
11-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Whats so hard about going to school??? Yes when I was in highschool i did my share of skipping but I would only skip maybe 4 or 5 days every 12 weeks. (we were aloud to miss 9 days every 12 weeks in high school)

orca0294
11-01-2006, 06:53 PM
I believe your allowed to miss those 5 days and everyday after has to be excused with a doctors note, atleast at our school its 10 days and everyday after you need a doctors note or its a $75 fine

250ex13
11-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by orca0294
I believe your allowed to miss those 5 days and everyday after has to be excused with a doctors note, atleast at our school its 10 days and everyday after you need a doctors note or its a $75 fine That's crazy... here you just get a letter grade lower for every 2 days after the 7.

Doober
11-01-2006, 07:18 PM
yea i skip quite a bit, but we only get 6 days every 18 weeks:ermm:

11-01-2006, 07:22 PM
lmao i remember in 8th grade i hated school so much that i always stayed home and my mom started calling the officer to come get me so i would run from him :ermm:

i missed a ton of school, but never went to court for it

now i miss everyday of school and it is great :p

11-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
lmao i remember in 8th grade i hated school so much that i always stayed home and my mom started calling the officer to come get me so i would run from him :ermm:

when i used to skip classes i would get home and right after they left a message saying i missed what ever periods i would delete the message before my mom would hear it :p

also you can miss 15 days a 9 week more then 15 and you get your lisence suspended witch i did have happen to me

11-01-2006, 07:32 PM
America sucks ***.

You can skip as much as you want here, calls home, thats it

Cant belive jail for failing a drug test. 3 day suspension if your caught with dope here, its great.

11-01-2006, 07:44 PM

Yea and its going to be great when your not living with your parents anymore. I would like a number 7, make it large.

Schools alright. The work sucks, but hanging out with everyone and the girls make it worthwhile.
You guys are lucky with like 18 days off every 9 weeks or w.e. We only get 16 days a year.

bluebaron
11-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Every day we miss is a 1/3 of a letter grade.

11-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
Yea and its going to be great when your not living with your parents anymore. I would like a number 7, make it large.

Schools alright. The work sucks, but hanging out with everyone and the girls make it worthwhile.
You guys are lucky with like 18 days off every 9 weeks or w.e. We only get 16 days a year.

the one part that sucks about it is not seeing any chicks :ermm: :(

zack221
11-01-2006, 07:54 PM
we only get 10 days a year here

j_cyrus3
11-01-2006, 08:51 PM
You can miss 5 days with a letter written from your mom, the next 5 have to be from a doctor, after that, its truancy board. If you miss after you go to the truancy board, its 50$ a day and there's no mercy with that. Don't know if I posted it yet or not, but i got 56 hours of community service with it also. They was rough on me, my parents know the judge real well, and I talked to him today. He said the only reason he was so hard on me is because I didn't belong in that court room and he didn't want to see me there again. I won't miss anymore school, that's for damn sure.

crazedape
11-01-2006, 09:41 PM
When I was in college I used to skip class all the time. I wouldn't miss anything though. Everything you need to get is on the internet and I would get all my info there. I went to class the first two day and then only test days from there on out. Some of my teachers let it slide and some of them would dock me to C's or B's because I wasn't there. My Psych class had 3 regular tests and one final. I went to that class 6 days total. I spent the rest of my time on the lake fishing or riding my quad depending on who else skipped that day. Not bragging, just saying it is bull**** to be expected to be somewhere when you pay them. So really they should just let it slide especially if you can make the grades.

j_cyrus3
11-01-2006, 09:46 PM
I make A's and B's... I don't think the judge looked at that really.

coolguy8769
11-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by crazedape
When I was in college I used to skip class all the time. I wouldn't miss anything though. Everything you need to get is on the internet and I would get all my info there. I went to class the first two day and then only test days from there on out. Some of my teachers let it slide and some of them would dock me to C's or B's because I wasn't there. My Psych class had 3 regular tests and one final. I went to that class 6 days total. I spent the rest of my time on the lake fishing or riding my quad depending on who else skipped that day. Not bragging, just saying it is bull**** to be expected to be somewhere when you pay them. So really they should just let it slide especially if you can make the grades.

what college did you go to? lmao:p

that probable depends on what college you went to, i could see if you went to community college, idk about a university.......

crazedape
11-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Gainesville State College. People used to get real pissed at me for making such good grades and never being there. I just don't learn that good in a class room. I am bored after 20 minutes and then I am playing games on my calculator or depending on the class Tiger Woods on gameboy. I tried to be there but I just went and played and made the grades around that. Sometimes teachers were like, "are you in this class." I would just say yeah, and by the way what is my grade in here. That would piss some of them teachers way off.

TANNER250r
11-02-2006, 12:18 AM
i dont see why school is so bad it going to help you out in the long run i have been on house arrest countlees times but never for missing school i get off felony probashon in dec for thing i got cought for but school is the only way to have a nice job to pay 4 thing like having a nice 4-wheeler if i were you i would stay in school it ok to miss some days every one dose it just dont do it all the time

LTZ400rider
11-02-2006, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by crazedape
Gainesville State College. People used to get real pissed at me for making such good grades and never being there. I just don't learn that good in a class room. I am bored after 20 minutes and then I am playing games on my calculator or depending on the class Tiger Woods on gameboy. I tried to be there but I just went and played and made the grades around that. Sometimes teachers were like, "are you in this class." I would just say yeah, and by the way what is my grade in here. That would piss some of them teachers way off.

just remember kids, C's get degrees

Raptor68
11-02-2006, 06:32 AM

You dropped out correct? What do you plan on doing for the rest of your life? Why was school so difficult for you? It might be fun to sit around now, but exactly WHAT do you plan on doing in 5, 10, 20 years? Would you like fries with that?

FourFiftyFour
11-02-2006, 07:01 AM
i never really missed school... i would be late a lot but that was about it...

college is a different story...but both colleges i have gone to are nazis about calling roll and taking attendance every class... its harder for me to go to college than it was high school because i hate college so much

WhiteZrider
11-02-2006, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by j_cyrus3
I went 7 days over the limit of the 5 days we are allowed to miss.

The limit at my school is 13 days :D :blah:

TheMachine
11-02-2006, 07:40 AM
I missed over 40 my sophomore year, 25 my junior year and i think 29 my senior year. I had to take summer school my sophomore year cause i missed so much. :rolleyes:

11-02-2006, 08:20 AM
ha i go 13 hours a week. Im at school now and im leaving at 1.

troutman561
11-02-2006, 09:46 AM
I never missed to much just for the fact socializing with the girls was worth it.. but here in fla they still pass you even if you never goto class it seems... maybe thats why so many people in college here cant read as good as my brother and sister did when they were 7...

TGW_400ex
11-02-2006, 10:06 AM
I don't understand what is cool about skipping school all the time. All your friends are in school so you sit around. So what is the point? I loved going to school my senior year. We'd skip class and go into the tunnels. The tunnels were basicly the crawl space under the school for the pipes and ****. Someone broke a screen off of one of the doors at the bottom and then they went in and put tape in all the doors down so you could get in all over the school. At one point you could stand and kids would snake tables and chairs from school and drag them down there. Its where most of the kids went to smoke since it was so easy to get caught in the bathrooms. I remember we all signed this one wall which was how we all got caught. I wonder if there still on that wall. One stupid kid ruined it for us coming out all dirty just to be cool. It was great while it lasted. It even made it into our senior video. The principal made us move old boxes of files out of the school and throw them into a dump truck for a punishment and it sucked bad.

krt400ex
11-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by 440bigborekit
damn man thats sucks. i dont believe they should punish you for not going to school this would realy drvie me to drop out.

me too

400exstud
11-02-2006, 03:27 PM
This year I have all honors or AP classes so I don't know what you guys have to complian about.

In high school so far (Junior year) I haven't been tardy once much less truent.

I just don't understand how some of you prioritize!!!

j_cyrus3
11-02-2006, 04:20 PM
I'd miss to go hang out with friends or go riding... I went to a couple races this year and I missed a couple Friday's to make sure I got there on time. I don't know, my mind is changing alot about it since im locked in this house constantly :( I'll be alot more serious next year. My freshman year attendance wasn't really a big deal, I missed 37 days by just going to the lake to hang out. My sophomore year I missed about 25-30 days. I have had fun all my highschool years, this is probably gonna be the worst 2 weeks of the whole 4 years though.

3exrider23
11-02-2006, 07:02 PM
i used to skip and stuff like that. bnow i don treally care cause if i dont miss alot of days at school when my cousin who i look up to alot is doing sumthing cool my mom dont care if i go out wit him for the day. last year i didnt miss that much n was able to go to th ephilly car show with him and all his friends from college and im only a freshman so thast cool, and then we went ridden after that too.

sorry for the typing

krt400ex
11-03-2006, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by 3exrider23
i used to skip and stuff like that. bnow i don treally care cause if i dont miss alot of days at school when my cousin who i look up to alot is doing sumthing cool my mom dont care if i go out wit him for the day. last year i didnt miss that much n was able to go to th ephilly car show with him and all his friends from college and im only a freshman so thast cool, and then we went ridden after that too.

sorry for the typing

wow, from that post i think you need to spend some more time in school....lol j/k :blah: :D

11-03-2006, 07:54 AM
You guys keep doing what your doing, we will always need more hamburger flippers!!:D

bwamos
11-03-2006, 08:11 AM
I never missed school. My Wrestling coach would have kicked my butt. That's not metaphorical either. He was an former national champion from oklahoma state, so he could have easily kicked my butt.. lol.

In my highschool if you missed more than 5 days in a semester without a written doctors note, or a pre-scheduled vacation submitted ahead of time, you automatically failed all your classes. That was 14+ years ago, though.. lol.

A agree. these guys that are 19-20 that say they dont regret any of it.. are in for a big supprise in 10 years when they are still working for $10-$15 per hour. Without a completed, documented education, it is very hard to break that $15-$20/hr mark.

RidinRed420
11-03-2006, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by j_cyrus3
Well, I went to court today over truency... Very stupid move on my part to miss so much school, I went 7 days over the limit of the 5 days we are allowed to miss. 50$ a day for every day I missed, plus court costs. Can't think of anything to do besides sit around and watch tv or play PS2. Guess i'll start going to school from now on. Not aloud to leave the house at all besides go to school. It sucks and this is just my first day :( Oh well i'll stop rantin now. If anyone else has been on house arrest let me know what you done while you were at home, I need some ideas.

Wow... Thats crazy! My sophmore year in high school I missed like 60+ days and they never did anything. I just hated going to school, so I'd just argue with my mom untill she called my school or wrote me a note. And I refused to go back untill I had a note, so I never got in trouble. And she always ended up writing me a note so I'd go back to school..

I have always had terrible attendance.. But its gotten a hell of alot better since ive been at college and im paying to go to school...I had this one class though, I missed it 2 times, once to have my wisdom teeth out.. and the other time I was ridin... on my way home to go to school.. and i crashed and ended up going to the hospital, and she threatened to withdraw me.. I got all A's on the everything I did.. and because I missed 2 classes, she gave me a B-

Raptor68
11-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Kyle_TQRA
You guys keep doing what your doing, we will always need more hamburger flippers!!:D

Well put.

11-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Raptor68
You dropped out correct? What do you plan on doing for the rest of your life? Why was school so difficult for you? It might be fun to sit around now, but exactly WHAT do you plan on doing in 5, 10, 20 years? Would you like fries with that?

repos :o

7 speed
11-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Invite all you freinds ove and have a party.
That's what I did.:D

LTZ400rider
11-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
I never missed school. My Wrestling coach would have kicked my butt. That's not metaphorical either. He was an former national champion from oklahoma state, so he could have easily kicked my butt.. lol.

In my highschool if you missed more than 5 days in a semester without a written doctors note, or a pre-scheduled vacation submitted ahead of time, you automatically failed all your classes. That was 14+ years ago, though.. lol.

A agree. these guys that are 19-20 that say they dont regret any of it.. are in for a big supprise in 10 years when they are still working for $10-$15 per hour. Without a completed, documented education, it is very hard to break that $15-$20/hr mark.

union construction is great

just get ur ged, hell u can even go to community college and become a doctor if you want

11-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
union construction is great

just get ur ged, hell u can even go to community college and become a doctor if you want

Maybe in Guatemala!! You retards crack me up, continue on, I need to laugh some more today!

11-03-2006, 03:03 PM
What's so hard about going to school? Classes aren't that hard to pay attention to. But, I guess we'll have McDonalds forever since there will be an endless amount of dropouts.

400exstud
11-03-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by MrMan
What's so hard about going to school? Classes aren't that hard to pay attention to. But, I guess we'll have McDonalds forever since there will be an endless amount of dropouts.

No kidding. A lot of you don't realize that a lot of employers for non-skilled jobs ONLY look at your attendence. What do they care if you got a C in Biology? All they care about it if you are reliable and punctual.

Good luck