View Full Version : Need to send the Best Quad DVD to Iraq

Ichoptop
11-01-2006, 08:55 AM
my riding partner is stationed in the big dunes across the world and I send him a care package every 6 weeks or so. Whats the best Quad movie? I usually dont watch stuff like that but I figure he would like it for some downtime.

thanks

Chop

400eXr1d3rZ
11-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Huevos 7/8/9, and The Fallout. Those are good.

maynard22
11-01-2006, 09:39 AM
Has Huevos 9 came out yet?

400eXr1d3rZ
11-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by maynard22
Has Huevos 9 came out yet?

I believe it has.

yellowzo3
11-01-2006, 10:13 AM
huevos 9 is available december 1st i think (at least from rocky mountain it is)... i recommend The Fallout.

Premis
11-01-2006, 12:19 PM
When do you need to send it out?

I would be more than happy to supply some free movies to someone serving our country!

If you can wait 2 weeks I'll have Carpe Diem 3, otherwise I can send you Beating the Odds and/or Carpe Diem 2.

Ichoptop
11-01-2006, 12:46 PM
that would be so cool. Mikie is a great guy and this is his second time over there. I can wait since I was going to have to order a few from somewhere to send to him.
You wouldnt believe all the stuff those guys go through daily. For them, it's like a vacation to sit down and watch some stupid no brainer movie for 45 minutes. I get an email about once every 2 weeks. He misses his family, us riding, wrenching on cars, and his 450r. With the new training specualtions for the iraq army they havent even given him a return date yet.
I sent him an email last night to see if they have a playstation 2 on base. Hopefully so and I will also include ATV Offroad 3 and ATV vs MX for the guys. Probably will buy The Fallout as well to throw in the box along with a case of candy bars and some toiletries that they are running short on.
On a lighter note he said that if they ever get that country cleaned up enough to travel to as a tourist we should crate our quads and ship them over. The dunes there are 10 times better then what he has seen here.

Nausty
11-01-2006, 12:58 PM
i'm in iraq now and thats badass your doin that! From personal experience we get a lot of hygiene products in other care packages which is really nice but what makes are day when we get movies, magizines, and candy.
Some other really useful stuff that we rarely get but can really use is 550 cord, duct tape, flash lights, small sewing kits, batteries, expensive but also really really handy would be some gerber pliers . Oh yeah, did I mention junk food, beef jerky, and just tons of candy!

Another cheap thing that would be pretty handy out here is what is suppose to be a 15 dollar flashlight that mounts on helmets that they sell at walmart with a white and red light w/ a elastic band that wraps around helmets . Definitely handy because we have to carry a lot of gear on missions at night and its nice to have your hands free to work and not have to worry bout holding or losing a flashlight. Its nice being able to switch to the red light quick and easily when we need to use low light also. A lot of my friends are having their family send those out.

Either way letters and care packages really make our day because we miss the states a lot, work a lot and its nice to see people are supporting us!

Either way i'm sure he'll really appreciate it!

Premis
11-01-2006, 12:58 PM
That sounds pretty sweet. It would be fun to ride there.

Let him know we are all praying for him to make a safe return and appreciate every thing he is doing for us.

PM me your address and I'll send them to you in about 2 weeks when I get CD3 in stock.

11-01-2006, 01:24 PM
premis, let me thank you for this. i have a few friends that have been in iraq and are home now. i know they would have loved to see a new video like that.

i have no affiliaton with any of the armed services, but appreciate what they are doing.

tater_kamik
11-01-2006, 01:53 PM
send some my way! im bored in balad lol. where are yall deployed at right now?

hats definately cool your willing to send packages out like that, the smallest things mean so much its amazing!

AZblaster44
11-01-2006, 04:22 PM
THats awesome that your doing this for your friend, but may I suggest sending ATV 2 instead of 3.. 3 isnt as good...:)

pelphrey
11-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Premis
That sounds pretty sweet. It would be fun to ride there.

Let him know we are all praying for him to make a safe return and appreciate every thing he is doing for us.

PM me your address and I'll send them to you in about 2 weeks when I get CD3 in stock.

Its amazing people like you are still around. Big props to you.

And thanks to all members serving our country.

400exrider707
11-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by AZblaster44
THats awesome that your doing this for your friend, but may I suggest sending ATV 2 instead of 3.. 3 isnt as good...:)

4 looks better:cool:

Premis
11-01-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by pelphrey
Its amazing people like you are still around. Big props to you.

And thanks to all members serving our country.

What I am doing is minimal compared to what all those overseas are doing for us. I'm glad to help any way possible.

Pappy
11-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Nausty, pm me or post an address to send you some stuff!

Ichoptop
11-02-2006, 07:17 AM
I was in a magaize store last night checking some hotrod and atv rags. I chatted with the manager for a few and it turns out if the magazines dont sell they tear the covers off of them and send the covers back for credit and recycle the rest. After giving him my spill, he is going to save all the hotrod and MX/ATV mags for me and I will ship those as well.

sometimes, all you have to do is ask.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-02-2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Nausty
i'm in iraq now and thats badass your doin that! From personal experience we get a lot of hygiene products in other care packages which is really nice but what makes are day when we get movies, magizines, and candy.
Some other really useful stuff that we rarely get but can really use is 550 cord, duct tape, flash lights, small sewing kits, batteries, expensive but also really really handy would be some gerber pliers . Oh yeah, did I mention junk food, beef jerky, and just tons of candy!

Another cheap thing that would be pretty handy out here is what is suppose to be a 15 dollar flashlight that mounts on helmets that they sell at walmart with a white and red light w/ a elastic band that wraps around helmets . Definitely handy because we have to carry a lot of gear on missions at night and its nice to have your hands free to work and not have to worry bout holding or losing a flashlight. Its nice being able to switch to the red light quick and easily when we need to use low light also. A lot of my friends are having their family send those out.

Either way letters and care packages really make our day because we miss the states a lot, work a lot and its nice to see people are supporting us!

not sure when you will be back on here, but hope things are going well. As pappy said post an address. How is your dad doing?

HtFoxChick
11-02-2006, 09:15 AM
The Fallout Vol.2 has a segment with the National Guard. Jon backflips over an army tank. The National Guard helped Akraix with their Minnesota show in July. Kinda cool if he's in the Guards. It's to be released soon. (as soon as studio 411 gets it done.)

Dan_Guetter
11-03-2006, 01:24 PM
National Guard has been a huge supporter! They love what we're all about!

We will be working with them again in the near future!