PDA

View Full Version : Elkas or LTE's

ECATV Raptor
11-01-2006, 08:32 AM
Which should I get for my Raptor. LTE Dual Exhaust with Jet kit and filter or some nice Piggyback Elkas for the front?:confused:

QuadRacer18
11-01-2006, 08:33 AM
suspension before engine mods buddy, all the engine in the world wont get you going any faster if you cant put the horsepower to the ground.

fandl450r
11-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by ECATV Raptor
Which should I get for my Raptor. LTE Dual Exhaust with Jet kit and filter or some nice Piggyback Elkas for the front?:confused:

Definitely suspension, any reason you're choosing elka's?

ECATV Raptor
11-01-2006, 08:49 AM
Not really any reason. They arent as much as Axis or Ohlins and they arent as cheap as some Works.(nothing wrong with em) I just think elkas are a descent shock. I was actually thinkin about gettin some works with rezzies. Not sure. I know engine mods arent the first thing on the list but I just thought a nice exhaust would be cool. My stock shocks are ok for at home but arent the best on the track. I dont want to case it on hard landings.

trick250r
11-01-2006, 08:56 AM
suspension first

400eXr1d3rZ
11-01-2006, 09:00 AM
And I wouldn't get LTE pipes anyway, from waht i hear there not the greatest pipe. Get a HMF or a Sparks pipe AFTER you do suspension.

fandl450r
11-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Not really any reason. They arent as much as Axis or Ohlins and they arent as cheap as some Works.(nothing wrong with em) I just think elkas are a descent shock. I was actually thinkin about gettin some works with rezzies. Not sure. I know engine mods arent the first thing on the list but I just thought a nice exhaust would be cool. My stock shocks are ok for at home but arent the best on the track. I dont want to case it on hard landings.

Yea, well out of the box, Elka's will be better than stock, but their valving can be significantly off. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative, look into TCS, from what I've seen they make a top notch quality shock and a darn good price.

For a pipe, I'd get a more trusted brand, sparks, white brothers, etc.

ECATV Raptor
11-01-2006, 09:16 AM
I want a quiet pipe and LTE's website says with the quiet core it'l be 93 Db. The lowest Ive seen yet. Ive been shopin around for Yoshis everywhere for a long time. I really want the TRS but it is just a little to loud for my neighbors. I live on a farm and my neighbors just call up and complain to my parents. They just moved up here from philly and just wanna complain. You'd think they'd be use to the noise with gunshots and everything. Ive already been through White Bros and DG exhausts with my other bikes. I know sparks are the Best pipe out there but they are just to darn noisy. :ermm: Big gun seems like a descent pipe

fandl450r
11-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Big gun does make a darn good pipe. I'm thinkin they also started making a quiet core insert available.

ECATV Raptor
11-01-2006, 09:28 AM
Thats what I like about Big Gun. I can get their nice black muffler with a blue tip and a quiet core. Its only like 94 db.

fandl450r
11-01-2006, 09:29 AM
Thats what I like about Big Gun. I can get their nice black muffler with a blue tip and a quiet core. Its only like 94 db.

I think you will be much happier with a Big Gun than the LTE's :)