PDA

View Full Version : hard wire 06 trx450r fan

3wheelin
11-01-2006, 06:44 AM
HEY GUYS,
I HAVE A COUPLE '06 TRX 450'S AND LOVE EM. MY RACE BIKE SEEMS TO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE FAN NOT RUNING CONSISTANT AND IT SHUTS OFF SECONDS AFTER IT ACTIVATES. MY OTHER BIKE IN COMPARISON ACTIVATES TWICE AS MUCH AND STAYS ON LONGER. I KNOW 06 COOL BETTER BUT I GET SOME DRIPS OF COOLANT ON M FRAME AND CAN SMELL RADIATOR FLUID AT TIMES. NEVER ACTUALLY BOILED OVER OR HAD IT FILL UP RESERVE BUT I KNOW ITS GETTING A LITTLE HOT. INSTEAD OF WAISTING THE TIME TO HAVE HONDA SAY NOTHINGS WRONG(AFTER HAVING IT FOR 2 MONTHS) I WOULD PREFER TO JUST HARD WIRE IT SO THAT EVERYTIME I START MY BIKE IT WILL TURN ON AND RUN ALL THE TIME. THIS WILL ELIMINATE IT GETTING TO HOT ON LONG DUNE RIDES.
CAN SOME ONE TELL ME WHERE TO CONNECT AND DISCONECT MY FAN WIRES TO ENABLE THIS TO WORK WITH OUT FRYING MY CDI BOX OR ELECTRICAL OVER DRAW????

HAVOK
11-01-2006, 11:25 AM
When my fan comes on it only run for a few seconds then shuts off. Try some enigine ice coolent.

Sjorge450R
11-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by HAVOK
When my fan comes on it only run for a few seconds then shuts off. Try some enigine ice coolent.

yeah mine too. As long as your temp light isnt coming on your fine.

hoopd450
11-01-2006, 09:28 PM
just wire it direct, whats the point in having a fan if its not running. and you're going to be surprised how easy it is when i tell you how to do it. all you need to do is ground the wire that connects to the thermostat housing on the front of the head. if you dont want to cut anything then just get a piece of wire and a male end that will plug into the factory plug. put a cirlce end on the other end and bolt it onto the frame somewhere. i ground mine with one of the headlight bracket bolts under the hood. now your fan will run all the time but the red light will also be on all the time. i just unplug mine and take them off.