PDA

View Full Version : Kenda Knarly HT

aaronqjones
11-01-2006, 06:40 AM
Does anyone know anything about them? Are they similar to the Holshot HD? THey are cheaper, and they look pretty aggressive. If you know anything about them, or have any experience with them, please post.

http://www.competitionaccessories.com/catalogimages/k535-200.jpg

johng
11-01-2006, 09:39 AM
Cant compare Kenda to ITP, ITP is a much better tire

fandl450r
11-01-2006, 09:41 AM
You sir don't know what you're talking about. I've ridden on a set on a friends quad, and they are a great alternative.

aaronqjones
11-01-2006, 10:00 AM
I figure if Pro riders use them, they can't be that bad. I think it is John Natalie that uses them, he is sponsored by one of the bigger names (ITP or Maxxis) but uses Kendas in the rear.

juanki
11-01-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by aaronqjones
I figure if Pro riders use them, they can't be that bad. I think it is John Natalie that uses them, he is sponsored by one of the bigger names (ITP or Maxxis) but uses Kendas in the rear.

Natalie uses maxis on all four, but the champ J. Byrd used them last year and part of this, i think he runs maxis the last races, dana creech uses kendas also.

they are very good tires, i used to have 22" klaws and were very good. now i'm gettin this ones also on 22", i was cheking that ther is also knarly's in 21" but the trad is diferent, they are for gncc.

aaronqjones
11-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Yeah, there is the Knarly HT, XC and MX I think.

rob-u/21
11-01-2006, 04:41 PM

I keep telling people to not take into consideration what the pro's use. They get paid to use their products, and say nothing but good things about them.

Kenda tire are great tire, I have been using them this year in the SCORE baja desert series and will use them in this years baja 1000.

jonboy
11-02-2006, 11:39 AM
I had a pair of Holeshot HD's and they tend to wear to fast for my taste. I put the stockers back on right now but I plan on getting the Kenda HT's soon. I have riden on a set of HT's on a friends Z400 and they hook up great. He's had them for 9 months and they still look like new.

Flynbryan19
11-02-2006, 11:48 AM
I have those tires on my Z right now. I've actually been pretty impressed by them. I had heard bad things about them; IE : too short, too stiff a compound, not enough traction.... But, I think they're a good tire. They're not any shorter than my stock 20" dunlops that were on my Z from factory, and I get good traction out of them. They don't get too much traction on hard pack, but they're certainly not unpredictable and get just as much traction as the standard razrs that I've had in the past. Plus they will last a LONG time because of the stiffer tread compound. I say if you like them go for it. They're a steal of a price and last a long time.

400exrider707
11-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Any kenda tire I've used....and I've used almost every one at this point except for the XC specific tire (which was designed partially by jeff@tireballs who is a member of this site) will by far outlast all of its competitors and costs less. They are a great tire. However the knarly MX will probably wear out quicker than mx holeshots....on the flip side they are probably the best biting and hooking up tire I've used to date and I've used nearly every mx tire.

sonorarider
11-03-2006, 05:21 PM
can you all recommend which kendas work great in the desert, sonoran desert that is looking for a 23's up front and 22's in the rear hopefully a 6 ply if possible b4 i splurge on the itp xct's or maxxis razr 2, would not mind having a heavier wallet right b4 christmas and recently married thanks...

JJs450r
11-03-2006, 08:00 PM
im not a big fan of the kendas in the rear i ran my friends razrs they hooked up better and slide through the turns better then my kenda klaws imo

rob-u/21
11-03-2006, 08:14 PM
can you all recommend which kendas work great in the desert, sonoran desert that is looking for a 23's up front and 22's in the rear hopefully a 6 ply if possible b4 i splurge on the itp xct's or maxxis razr 2, would not mind having a heavier wallet right b4 christmas and recently married thanks...

I've been racing baja the whole year with 23 inch front kenda knarly and 21 inch rear knarly and I am very pleased with them since switching form ITP's to Kenda's. I've always fealt a 22'' rear is too big so the 21'' works good for me. Personally, I feel a 22'' front and a 20'' rear works best but for desert racing purposes I go with a 23''/21'' combo.

trx400exxracer
11-03-2006, 08:41 PM
If you guys are looking for tire comparable to the itp hd then check out the kenda knarly xc!!!

rob-u/21
11-04-2006, 08:41 AM
That's what I've been using. But I think that is a 22'' and I am using a 21'' rear.

sonorarider
11-04-2006, 08:58 AM
thanks alot for the advice ill look them up on rocky mtn, see how much heavier my wallet will remain b4 christmas...

11-04-2006, 09:46 AM
I liked my Klaws better than my MXR6s. I've only had one race and 1 practice on my ITPs and there already wearing down. While my klaws are like new still after a couple races. But I got a hole in them somehow from a rock so thats why Im on ITP.

sonorarider
11-04-2006, 06:17 PM
will save myself about 50usd x tire so i c if the kendas ht's hold up in the sonoran desert terrain...going with the 23's front 22's rear setup...wish me luck...up front i might as well go with the itp or maxxis...

11-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Kenda and Maxxis are the best IMO. ITPs don't even wear down, they like break up in chunks.

sonorarider
11-05-2006, 01:21 PM
therefore u recommend the kendas and maxxis over the itp i assume, heck this weeks sales are good i might as well go with razr 2 all around, don't know what to do next week i drive up to tucson for some shopping...

juanki
11-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by rob-u/21
That's what I've been using. But I think that is a 22'' and I am using a 21'' rear.

hoe do you like the tread pattern?

i see its diferent from de ht.

rob-u/21
11-07-2006, 10:16 AM
hoe do you like the tread pattern?

I think they handle great. They hook up when they need to and they are very predictable when sliding. Plus, the wear on these tires is excelent, I have put more than 700 baja miles on a set I have and they still more than half the thread.

dirt286
11-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Im looking into the klaw XC, regular razr or the holeshot XCR. i want a tire that is good for coarse sand and the occaional hard pack dirt, but I dont want a super heavy tire. I hear the razr 2 and the holeshot HD are very heavy so I though the above were a good alternative. Any thoughts??
Also the price for two tires with c-series wheels were 235 from rocky moutain for the razr or klaws. the itp were like 290. Im i looking in the wrong place because the kendas and maxxis were the same price. Dont understand why everybody says they are soo cheap.