PDA

View Full Version : Taskers Gap this weekend - Nov 4-5

bsjoe
11-01-2006, 04:09 AM
Taskers Gap is located in Lee Ranger District.. in more northwestern VA.

Take exit 279 off I-81. Turn east on SR 675. In the center of Edinburg (T-intersection), turn left onto US 11. At the north end of Edinburg, turn right onto SR 675. Follow SR 675 to the top of Massanutten Mountain to Edinburg Gap. Tasker's Gap ATV Complex is on your right and Peters Mill Run is on your left. Tasker's Gap OHV Road is 0.8 miles further down SR 675 on the east side of the mountain.

map (note: this is where Edinburg is, about 10min away from the trails):

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2033/mapcopyin5.png

Taskers Gap is a place to ride, not the best, it mostly has rocky trails well suited to utility atvs, but there are 2 trails about 6miles long that I enjoy riding where i can speed throuh em in 3rd to 4th gear in. They used to have jumps, but since they are HOV trails (trails cars are allowed to go on) they took them out since i guess the cars had a hard time goin over the jumps. For being the only public trails in VA, they are alot of fun. I've just gone back and forth on the 2 trails all day long trying to go faster then last time and thats fine with me.

Also I wanna meet you guys, I've been to like 2 events in the past and havent met any of you yet. If anyone is interested, just post here or PM so i know someone will be there atleast.

I have a utility atv and a sport so i can do both trails but ill be on the yfz if not all the time.

3x440ex
11-03-2006, 05:32 PM
I don't know about this weekend but I might be going next weekend. I have to check with my buddies to see if any of them want to go.

bsjoe
11-03-2006, 05:35 PM
like around the 12th? Thats veterans day so i prob cant make it.