PDA

View Full Version : Air filter question

mrnate400ex
10-31-2006, 08:35 PM
Alright, I know this is almost like the "what's the best pipe" thread, but I couldn't find much info on this. I am in the market for a 07' 450R, and am trying to figure out what exactly I will need to get to make it what I want. Anyhow, I have decided on the DASA exhaust, but what filter should I get. I have ran the K&N before, and haven't had any problems with them. However, I know there are many more options than just the usual K&N, Uni, and twin air. I was thinking about the DASA filter kit or the Velocity kit. Does the Velocity kit have to be run without the air box?? I have also seen the Nmotion filter kit in person, and it is by far the biggest air filter I have seen!!!! I'm sure it moves a lot of air, but it is pretty pricey!!! There are plenty more than even the ones mentioned here, so please let me know what works, is fairly easy to maintain, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg!!!

Gumby46
11-01-2006, 06:21 AM
A lot depends on what environment you'll be riding in. If you going to be in water and mud you'll want to keep your airbox. If your staying in the dunes you might want to consider an airbox eliminator kit.

I ride in the dunes and have the ESR Intake with K&N style filter and outerwear. I love it and you can get the whole setup for $100.

Although running the stock airbox with no lid or HRC lid and a Uni Filter will give you plenty of air and you wont have to worry much about dirt and water.

mrnate400ex
11-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Ok, I want to make sure of something. Does the Velocity filter use the K&N cleaner and recharge oil for servicing?? If it doesn't, then what does it use?? I went to their website, and it doesn't really say nor does it offer to sell any special cleaning stuff.