PDA

View Full Version : Kerry's Comment

krt400ex
10-31-2006, 07:29 PM
did u hear what he said...."If you do well academically, you will do well in the world. If you don't, you will end up in Iraq"....

what an @sshole....go to Hell Kerry....he didn't only insult the troops in iraq, he insulted evryone, because he basically said tat if u don't do well acedemically, then u only good enough to go die in a war....well i would be proud to die for our country....

Pappy
10-31-2006, 07:31 PM
what a goon

440racer66
10-31-2006, 07:34 PM
he needs to get kicked in the balls

rooster_20
10-31-2006, 07:40 PM
^He would prob like that, I cant stand Kerry he thinks he is cool. If you make a comment like that it just goes to show how ignorant and uneducated you are. Kerry sucks balls! I think he is just gay.

Honda TRX250ex
10-31-2006, 07:42 PM
He has no clue what hes talking about.

440racer66
10-31-2006, 07:44 PM
see my uncle is in the army and belive me he has a 4 year degree and isnt dumb by anymeans and this fool thinks he should run for president when he is dumping on the men he would comand shure sign of a moron

10-31-2006, 07:57 PM
we shouldnt even have to go into this, kerry is probably the dumbest person to ever run for president

LTZ400rider
10-31-2006, 08:53 PM
i was watchin lewis black last night on hbo

why couldnt the democrats get some who can beat bush, its like being normal in the special olympics and losing.

kerry is a retard, bush isnt far from him

Ralph
10-31-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider

why couldnt the democrats get some who can beat bush, its like being normal in the special olympics and losing.

LMFAO

Rico400
10-31-2006, 09:08 PM
jeez what an idiot.

sportraxkid
10-31-2006, 10:31 PM

Well said!

krt400ex
11-01-2006, 07:17 AM
and he said it twice, and said blatenly that he wouldn not apologize for it.....that was in the news last night....God, i can't stand that man...i wish he would die

450ERRRRRR!
11-01-2006, 07:35 AM
He needs a size 13 Jump boot from a U.S. Paratrooper put right up his *****. I found that when I was in I served with some of the most intelligent people and people I'd trust with my life. It was also the best 4 years of my life. What I'd give to be 18-22 years old again.

MR.BIG
11-01-2006, 07:49 AM
Being smart acedemically doesn't mean crap in the real world. He is a dick who would vote for that moron!

ATV Chic
11-01-2006, 08:09 AM

I TOTALLY agreee with you! We need help!:scary:

chris46250r
11-01-2006, 08:18 AM
He is the perfect example of being educated beyond his intellegence.

trick250r
11-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by chris46250r
He is the perfect example of being educated beyond his intellegence.

ya, he should've stopped in the second grade.

bwamos
11-01-2006, 09:21 AM
Thank god almighty he didn't get elected.. lol.

I saw when he said that. My first though is.. that guy has absolutly no clue, does he?

I' dlike him to stack his IQ score up against an A-10 pilot, B-2 Bomber Pilot, any pilot, supercarrier stationed Nuclear Engineer, sub stationed Nuclear engineer, any of the speciall forces (Airborn, Rangers, Delta Force, 160th, AFSOC, 16th, 352nd, 353rd, 720th, 18th, 919th, 193rd, SEALS, SBO, or the good old Recon... if I missed any sorry).

Theres no man or woman on this earth that I respect more than one whom is willing to put their life on the line for the wellbeing of others.

Any man who disrespects these people (Military, Firefighters, Paramedics, Police Officers, etc..) deserve no respect in turn.

Ichoptop
11-01-2006, 09:32 AM
if you stack up his GPA and his SAT scores he was still under Bushs' scores. He was living out of a suitcase until getting married to miss ketchup and took his own video camera to Vietnam to get some footage of him doing cool stuff thinking he would be the next JFK. And he is still a washout.

but dont worry, he'll be drunk in a bar someday and 6 Marines will buy him another round, then have a talk with him in hte parkinglot.

krt400ex
11-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
Thank god almighty he didn't get elected.. lol.

I saw when he said that. My first though is.. that guy has absolutly no clue, does he?

I' dlike him to stack his IQ score up against an A-10 pilot, B-2 Bomber Pilot, any pilot, supercarrier stationed Nuclear Engineer, sub stationed Nuclear engineer, any of the speciall forces (Airborn, Rangers, Delta Force, 160th, AFSOC, 16th, 352nd, 353rd, 720th, 18th, 919th, 193rd, SEALS, SBO, or the good old Recon... if I missed any sorry).

Theres no man or woman on this earth that I respect more than one whom is willing to put their life on the line for the wellbeing of others.

Any man who disrespects these people (Military, Firefighters, Paramedics, Police Officers, etc..) deserve no respect in turn.

could not have said that any better...i am in 100% agreement with u

Castor-426ex
11-01-2006, 10:46 AM
hey mr kerry this is from all the troops

i got family in the millitary and that wasnt a very bright comment...next time get an advisor:rolleyes:

batgeek
11-01-2006, 01:25 PM
http://www.atvnc.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10160/troops_respond.jpg

krt400ex
11-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by batgeek

i like that alot.....maybe we should email that to him, and tell him how pissed we r....

ATV Chic
11-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by batgeek

Hahaha, That's awesome! God Bless our troops! If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to get in front of them...:macho

krt400ex
11-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by sexyatvchic
Hahaha, That's awesome! God Bless our troops! If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to get in front of them...:macho

yupp^^^^

i dunno about u guys, but i have such an overwhelming hate for this man right now. i am so pissed that some pompus @ss would be so prideful as to say that. and remember, he served in vietnam too. i guess he insulted himself too...what a jackass

MOFO
11-01-2006, 02:27 PM
This was a hot topic around the office today - especially since we have a couple war veterans with us.

As bad as some people think Bush is, it could clearly be MUCH worse if "Jon Carrey" won...

krt400ex
11-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
This was a hot topic around the office today - especially since we have a couple war veterans with us.

As bad as some people think Bush is, it could clearly be MUCH worse if "Jon Carrey" won...

yupp

ZeroLogic
11-01-2006, 04:32 PM
F to the u to the ck him.

popo
11-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by 440racer66
he needs to get kicked in the balls

He sold those to Hillary and took her viagina in trade.

So it's a kik in the oves instead.

krt400ex
11-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by popo
He sold those to Hillary and took her viagina in trade.

So it's a kik in the oves instead.

LMFAO

400exrider707
11-01-2006, 05:08 PM
wow what an idiot. If you read on yahoo news apparently he did apologize and he is saying that he accidentally forgot one word is his text which was supposed to say " If you dont study then you will end up getting US stuck in war in Iraq" Not getting stuck in war, its getting us stuck in war, so he's trying to play it off as a joke towards bush. Either way its dumb, but I dont believe it one bit.

mx428
11-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
wow what an idiot. If you read on yahoo news apparently he did apologize and he is saying that he accidentally forgot one word is his text which was supposed to say " If you dont study then you will end up getting US stuck in war in Iraq" Not getting stuck in war, its getting us stuck in war, so he's trying to play it off as a joke towards bush. Either way its dumb, but I dont believe it one bit. Yeah I beleive it was meant to bash Bush not directed at all at our troops. He appologized many times for what he called a "botched joke". It might have still been in poor taste but he wasn't calling the US military stupid.

Pappy
11-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Dont buy for one minute he did not mean what he said.

he sat on the "Winter Soldier" hearings on capitol hill in 1972 and called our soldiers baby killers and likened them to ghengis kahn.

Kerry needs to be rucked up and shipped out...and he can take Hillary with him.

MOFO
11-01-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by mx428
Yeah I beleive it was meant to bash Bush not directed at all at our troops. He appologized many times for what he called a "botched joke". It might have still been in poor taste but he wasn't calling the US military stupid.

Funny... then why did he clearly state "I will not appologize to anyone..." Now that is has everyones attention he came out and appologized???

What we heard and saw is his true way of thinking... end of story! He's an arsehole that should spend some "quality time" with our troops!

LTZ400rider
11-01-2006, 06:08 PM
people have opinions, if u thought about something like that obviously no1 will like you so might as well just keep it to yourself

Doober
11-01-2006, 07:56 PM
:p

11-01-2006, 08:00 PM
guys...now now be nice! he said he was sorry!

http://members.optusnet.com.au/evilpundit/blog/images/john-kerry-botox.jpg

:p

11-01-2006, 09:04 PM
bush: gets us into a war with a country who had nothing to do with 9/11, plus it DIDN'T have any wmd's, gives major tax cuts to the super rich, borrows our future away with countries like china and japan, lets oil and logging companies destroy the enviroment, violates our civil rights(illegal wire taps)...all this while: bin laden still roams free, iran and korea develop nukes, 1 in 3 americans do not have adequate health care, oh yeah and still doesn't have an exit strategy for iraq!

kerry mis-spoke yeah, but i believe the bigger and more important problem is how the bush administration has put this country in a bad spot right now and the future to come and that should be this country's main concern.

Rastus
11-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Yea right, he missed some words in his text. :rolleyes:

More like he saw his re-election or possible future campaign for president going out the window with that comment, and now he's going to suck up and pretend that it was a slip up.

Dan_Guetter
11-02-2006, 01:02 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rbtzBcTwItc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rbtzBcTwItc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

mole97
11-02-2006, 02:38 AM
:ermm: pooor Kerry..All I can say is THANK GOD he wasn't our president!!!! :rolleyes: OOOPS, Can I say god?:ermm: :mad: :D ;)

Pappy
11-02-2006, 04:23 AM
I watched about 10 different news channels last night just to see what reactions were. I think most would find the comment off base if you could somehow keep the identity of the person who spoke it hidden. IMO it doesnt matter who said it, but coming from Kerry it stings a bit more knowing his history. That line could have been straight out of a Micheal Moore film.

And did'nt President Bush have a better GPA then Kerry:chinese:

LTZ400rider
11-02-2006, 04:51 AM
i dont even care i think most politicians are scumbags, just like most citizens.

popo
11-02-2006, 05:36 AM
just like most citizens.

:eek2: :rolleyes: :ermm:

fofity
11-02-2006, 05:43 AM
Tony snow and bush knew that kerry didn't speak about the troops, they knowingly cut just 10 seconds of footage to make it insulting to the troops. They timed the release for the Bush speech. Never mind Olbermann, just watch the footage. Now, that's what's called propaganda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8yp5Gpo3G4&eurl=

here you go if you wanna debate with some smart people, instead of always preaching to the choir. caution though you might get a different point of view.
http://digg.com/politics/ Tony_Snow_and_Bush_knew_that_Kerry_didn_t_speak_ab
out_the_troops

z400ACDC
11-02-2006, 05:53 AM
Kerry did a very stupid thing! But, Bush has did a much bigger one!!!

Raptor68
11-02-2006, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by z400ACDC
Kerry did a very stupid thing! But, Bush has did a much bigger one!!!

Has did a much bigger one?? You probably went to the same school as John Kerry...

z400ACDC
11-02-2006, 06:25 AM
He got us in a war! It's been on the news in case you missed it. He got us in a war that he can't win. He told our nation that we were going to war over WMD's. Did they ever find any? Now we are there trying to change a idiology. How can our military do that? I voted for Bush! I had no other choice!!!!!! I support our military, but I wished they were home.

HtFoxChick
11-02-2006, 06:42 AM
When I saw that and heard that on the news, i couldn't believe it!! What an idiot!! I thought he'd better watch his back, he's gonna get himself shot for saying something so stupid!!! Now he backed out of all campaigning for other candidates, THANK YOU KERRY :grr:

11-02-2006, 07:12 AM
in the end who really cares about what a wanna be president says? i mean i don't see the media going around quoting; bob dole, walter mondale, or dan quayle....this is obviously the republicans trying to take everybody's focus off of what the real problems are in this country.....i mean if kerry says this a year ago does it get anything more than a raised eyebrow? this is being made a big deal because it was said a week before elections, period! i mean come on does it really matter what he said? has it gotten anyone killed? has big business profitted from it? has it sent jobs to another country? i still have to give my grandmother money for her prescriptions! so who cares!!! let's look at what the bush administration has DONE! and correct me if i'm wrong, but i do believe bush has mis-spoke from time to time(google bushisms)....are you kidding me... let's stay focussed on REAL problems! we need a change in this country...whether you're a democrat or republican or even independent...for me it's not about that, it's about change and if we change the house and senate maybe politicians will realize they are gonna be held accountable from here on out and do what is right for the people, or they lose their job! it really should be that simple!

Raptor68
11-02-2006, 07:37 AM
What he says matters because he was so close to getting elected and had everyone fooled. Who is he to say that about soldiers who put their lives on the lines? John Kerry is nothing but a POS.

z400ACDC
11-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Raptor68
What he says matters because he was so close to getting elected and had everyone fooled. Who is he to say that about soldiers who put their lives on the lines? John Kerry is nothing but a POS.
Kerry said that he was talking about Bush, not the soldiers. Who knows what to believe. Bush sr. " Read my lips. no new taxes" Clinton. " I did not have sex with that women" Bush " They got weapons of mass destruction" and "mission accomplished"

gbcap
11-02-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by dlerch
in the end who really cares about what a wanna be president says? i mean i don't see the media going around quoting; bob dole, walter mondale, or dan quayle....this is obviously the republicans trying to take everybody's focus off of what the real problems are in this country.....i mean if kerry says this a year ago does it get anything more than a raised eyebrow? this is being made a big deal because it was said a week before elections, period! i mean come on does it really matter what he said? has it gotten anyone killed? has big business profitted from it? has it sent jobs to another country? i still have to give my grandmother money for her prescriptions! so who cares!!! let's look at what the bush administration has DONE! and correct me if i'm wrong, but i do believe bush has mis-spoke from time to time(google bushisms)....are you kidding me... let's stay focussed on REAL problems! we need a change in this country...whether you're a democrat or republican or even independent...for me it's not about that, it's about change and if we change the house and senate maybe politicians will realize they are gonna be held accountable from here on out and do what is right for the people, or they lose their job! it really should be that simple!

who cares what he said? obviously alot of people care what he said. i bet if you go back all the 'wanna be' presidents were quoted many more times in the news after they lost.

bush: gets us into a war with a country who had nothing to do with 9/11, plus it DIDN'T have any wmd's, gives major tax cuts to the super rich, borrows our future away with countries like china and japan, lets oil and logging companies destroy the enviroment, violates our civil rights(illegal wire taps)...all this while: bin laden still roams free, iran and korea develop nukes, 1 in 3 americans do not have adequate health care, oh yeah and still doesn't have an exit strategy for iraq!

kerry mis-spoke yeah, but i believe the bigger and more important problem is how the bush administration has put this country in a bad spot right now and the future to come and that should be this country's main concern.

first off we went to afganistan to deal with the 9-11 issue too. not just iraq. we moved into iraq because we thought they were a credible threat too which they were a threat in my eyes. oh well the wmd's were disposed of before we found them...or we did find them and hid them because we didn't want to scare the us people with all that they had. its proven that iraq had wmd because they had them in the past...so why would they all of a sudden not have them? i call bs on that whole situation.

i hate Bush, but i voted for him cause Kerry is a complete douche. i wish we had a better president but we don't so we have to deal with him till his term is over. we are never have someone in office that everyone loves, EVER!!! we just need to deal with the issues at hand and move on. not everyone is going to get what they want, not everyone is going to get everything they need.

you touch on health care...it is out of control, but when we still have free enterprise running the hospitals and local doctors and pharmacis we are going to get raped every time we have to pay for medical expenses. my father pays over 300 per employee per month for insurance...that is outlandish...but not much we can do about it and we care enough about our employees to keep them covered. more employeers need to care about thier employees and keep them covered.

older people and medical care sucks even more...my g rents pay 9k a year in insurance. they are the lucky ones that can afford to pay that. not many can. its a combination of poor planning and pour government support. but we rely on the government to pull us out of our own holes. why shoudl they have to pay for your medications? they dont pay for my brothers medications that he pays over 1k in COPAYs a month for since he had a kidney transplant...but they are supposed to pay for EVERYONES meds? i don't think so!!!

Rastus
11-02-2006, 09:12 AM
Why does it matter you ask?

Because he's taking a dump on the people who volunteer, it's like saying all fire fighters and policemen are dumb because of the career they chose. It's an attack on the american spirit, and I take that quite seriously. :mad:

Honor, Duty, Selfless service, Loyalty, and Respect. All of these words encompass what that spirit is, which I'm sure Mr. Kerry has none of.

krt400ex
11-02-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Rastus
Why does it matter you ask?

Because he's taking a dump on the people who volunteer, it's like saying all fire fighters and policemen are dumb because of the career they chose. It's an attack on the american spirit, and I take that quite seriously. :mad:

Honor, Duty, Selfless service, Loyalty, and Respect. All of these words encompass what that spirit is, which I'm sure Mr. Kerry has none of.

yupp, and think about it...if u were in the military when he said this, u would take it seriously. and i am sure u would want to rip his head off too, i know i do. and i will not believe anything he said about it being a joke about bush, and all that BS. he meant what he said, and everyboday knows it

rtm1216
11-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by fofity
Tony snow and bush knew that kerry didn't speak about the troops, they knowingly cut just 10 seconds of footage to make it insulting to the troops. They timed the release for the Bush speech. Never mind Olbermann, just watch the footage. Now, that's what's called propaganda

here you go if you wanna debate with some smart people, instead of always preaching to the choir. caution though you might get a different point of view.
out_the_troops

+1

I noticed that no one but you has mentioned how the quote was taken out of context. It actually makes me kind of sad. Kerry has also told the same joke in prior speeches where he didn't mis-speak and forget the 'us' in the line.

I guess the facts really aren't that big of a deal. I mean he is a democrat so he must hate all the soldiers...... right??

rtm1216
11-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by krt400ex
yupp, and think about it...if u were in the military when he said this, u would take it seriously. and i am sure u would want to rip his head off too, i know i do. and i will not believe anything he said about it being a joke about bush, and all that BS. he meant what he said, and everyboday knows it

Have you heard the quote in context?? You do know there was a sentance in there that all the righties conveniently forgot to include right?

I can't see how any reasonable person can say Kerry was putting down the troops and not Bush when the ENTIRE quote is taken into account.

krt400ex
11-02-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by rtm1216
Have you heard the quote in context?? You do know there was a sentance in there that all the righties conveniently forgot to include right?

I can't see how any reasonable person can say Kerry was putting down the troops and not Bush when the ENTIRE quote is taken into account.

i watched him say it on the TV. the thing about Bush was completely seperate from that

rtm1216
11-02-2006, 10:34 AM
i watched him say it on the TV. the thing about Bush was completely seperate from that

It was in the sentance prior to the 'quote' that is being broadcast everywhere. But don't let the facts cloud your opinion. Did you happen to check out the info posted by fofity?

Rastus
11-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Does anyone have a link, so I/others can actually see it for themselves?

krt400ex
11-02-2006, 10:58 AM
It was in the sentance prior to the 'quote' that is being broadcast everywhere. But don't let the facts cloud your opinion. Did you happen to check out the info posted by fofity?

i saw the whole thing, i know what u r talking about

krt400ex
11-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by fofity

out_the_troops

i don't believe at all that he was refering to the bush administration. i think he just said that because he was trying to cover up without admitting that he f**ked up.

rtm1216
11-02-2006, 11:09 AM
i don't believe at all that he was refering to the bush administration. i think he just said that because he was trying to cover up without admitting that he f**ked up.

Again, don't let facts cloud your judgement.

The decline of critical thinking skills in this country amazes me sometimes.

krt400ex
11-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Again, don't let facts cloud your judgement.

The decline of critical thinking skills in this country amazes me sometimes.

u know what...the last 20 poats i have seen out of u make absolutily no sense. u r the type of person that has to be always right, and if someone disagrees, then they r stupid? WTF is wrong with u? everyone is entitled to there opinions, i have stated mine, i have not told anybody they r wrong. don't start with this chit. if u r gonna, then get the hell out of this thread, because i don't need it closed because of arseholes like u

11-02-2006, 11:18 AM
john kerry love him or hate him, has a better aspect of what the soldiers are going thru in iraq than bush ever will...regardless of all the crap shoveled during the last election we can all agree that kerry was at least in vietnam and saw combat, and i'm sure watched young men/fellow soldiers die! this all the while gw was on some plush campaigning thing stateside for, i believe nixon at the time, instead of taking his turn at combat. i am willing to bet that if he actually went and fought maybe he would of given sanctions more time, or maybe even scrutinized the data in front of him longer, and wouldn't have been so quick to send other peoples children/husbands/daughters to die(in iraq) for what we now know was bogus info....i'm quite certain that john kerry coming from humble beginnings(bush was born into a rich family) is very empathetic of what those young man and women are going thru right now...

...and gbcap of course we knew that at one time saddam had chemical weapons...we gave them to iraq to fight iran!!!

krt400ex
11-02-2006, 11:25 AM
john kerry love him or hate him, has a better aspect of what the soldiers are going thru in iraq than bush ever will...regardless of all the crap shoveled during the last election we can all agree that kerry was at least in vietnam and saw combat, and i'm sure watched young men/fellow soldiers die! this all the while gw was on some plush campaigning thing stateside for, i believe nixon at the time, instead of taking his turn at combat. i am willing to bet that if maybe he actually went and fought maybe he would of given sanctions more time, or maybe even scrutinized the data in front of him longer, and wouldn't have been so quick to send other peoples children/husbands/daughters to die(in iraq) for what we now know was bogus info....i'm quite certain that john kerry coming from humble beginnings(bush was born into a rich family) is very empathetic of what those young man and women are going thru right now...

...and gbcap of course we knew that at one time saddam had chemical weapons...we gave them to iraq to fight iran!!!

when Kerry got back from vietnam, all he did was badmouth the troops. he talked about murders, and rapings, and chit like that. that the army did and got away with. i am not saying that those things don't happen, but he made a big issue over it and got alot of ppl in trouble...why? because he hates the army, and war, and anything that hs to do with it.

and as for bush being born into a rich family and not being as epithetic is not true at all. in fact, he has made more than one trip to iraq to be with the soldiers, and cheer them up, support them, and morn with those who have lost friends and loved ones. he knows exactly what is going on, and most of our troops love him. he is one of the very few in this country that has their head on straight.

11-02-2006, 11:42 AM
when Kerry got back from vietnam, all he did was badmouth the troops. he talked about murders, and rapings, and chit like that. that the army did and got away with. i am not saying that those things don't happen, but he made a big issue over it and got alot of ppl in trouble...why? because he hates the army, and war, and anything that hs to do with it.

and as for bush being born into a rich family and not being as epithetic is not true at all. in fact, he has made more than one trip to iraq to be with the soldiers, and cheer them up, support them, and morn with those who have lost friends and loved ones. he knows exactly what is going on, and most of our troops love him. he is one of the very few in this country that has their head on straight.

i think a person who is willing to speak out when there is a great wrong being done on a very large scale takes alot of guts! i mean you risk everything...including your life! he knew it needed to be said and he said it. i don't see a problem with a person who's got balls enough to go against powerful people and tell it the way it is! last time i checked that's one of the things that makes this country great! just because it may not always be what we want to hear it still needs to be said! also i don't remember anyone saying vietnam was a such a great thing...i don't say this to disrespect the great men and women who lost their lives there, i say this for the same reason i dislike the war in iraq, my problem is not the great people there on america's behalf, my problem is the lies we were all told to get us there! the very honorable people that fought in vietnam and are fighting in iraq i'm sure when they are getting shot at don't really care why they are getting shot at, just as long as they themselves and those around them get out of there alive!!

....and why would anyone like war, or anything that has to do with it?

gbcap
11-02-2006, 11:45 AM
plus it DIDN'T have any wmd's

huh? say one and then say another? haha.

yes, we gave alot of people weapons over the past 100 years...and several of them have come back to bit us...but if we wouldn't we would have been the bad guy at the time. we are stuck between a rock and a hard place...

11-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by gbcap
huh? say one and then say another? haha.

yes, we gave alot of people weapons over the past 100 years...and several of them have come back to bit us...but if we wouldn't we would have been the bad guy at the time. we are stuck between a rock and a hard place...

look up the meaning of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" maybe that will shed some light on it for ya...

11-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by gbcap
yes, we gave alot of people weapons over the past 100 years...and several of them have come back to bit us...but if we ...

do you mean like when we uuuuhhhhh, trained a guy named osama bin laden to fight the soviets in afghanistan?

or when we helped a with a military coup in a country called iraq by a guy named saddam hussein....are these some of the examples for which you speak of?

krt400ex
11-02-2006, 12:05 PM
i think a person who is willing to speak out when there is a great wrong being done on a very large scale takes alot of guts! i mean you risk everything...including your life! he knew it needed to be said and he said it. i don't see a problem with a person who's got balls enough to go against powerful people and tell it the way it is! last time i checked that's one of the things that makes this country great! just because it may not always be what we want to hear it still needs to be said! also i don't remember anyone saying vietnam was a such a great thing...i don't say this to disrespect the great men and women who lost their lives there, i say this for the same reason i dislike the war in iraq, my problem is not the great people there on america's behalf, my problem is the lies we were all told to get us there! the very honorable people that fought in vietnam and are fighting in iraq i'm sure when they are getting shot at don't really care why they are getting shot at, just as long as they themselves and those around them get out of there alive!!

....and why would anyone like war, or anything that has to do with it?

i didn't say i liked war, but some ppl know when it is nessecary(sp?). and the thing about having the balls to do what is right...i agree with u, but there was more to it...i am going to do a bit or research on it and get back to u. i understand where u r coming from, but it wasn't like that

11-02-2006, 12:17 PM
i didn't say i liked war, but some ppl know when it is nessecary(sp?). and the thing about having the balls to do what is right...i agree with u, but there was more to it...i am going to do a bit or research on it and get back to u. i understand where u r coming from, but it wasn't like that

that's cool...in the end i'm sure we all agree that we don't want our people in the military to have to die unless it's absolutely "necessary" and that is where most of the dissagreement lies....i believe them to be dying because of non-truthes....and i think that it is very dishonorable of our president to put them in harms way for that....:(

popo
11-02-2006, 01:23 PM
dang it, I ran out of popcorn :devil:

bwamos
11-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by z400ACDC
He got us in a war! It's been on the news in case you missed it. He got us in a war that he can't win. He told our nation that we were going to war over WMD's. Did they ever find any?

Yes, they've recovered 100's of WMD's (mostly chemical warfare), stockpiles of natural uranium, cenrifuge devices to enrich urnaium, balistic missle programs, long range missle fuel, etc.. all in violation of the UN Resolution that they didn't have the spine to back up.

11-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Yes, they've recovered 100's of WMD's (mostly chemical warfare), stockpiles of natural uranium, cenrifuge devices to enrich urnaium, balistic missle programs, long range missle fuel, etc.. all in violation of the UN Resolution that they didn't have the spine to back up.

the only thing related to chemical weapons found so far were some old cannisters that were believed to have been used during the conflict with iran....the other things you speak of....well put it this way, you are the only person in the world that seems to have this knowledge, because no one else has said any of those things and had the facts to back it up....and the last thing i remember saddam did to break the u.n. resolution was to have missiles that went 110 miles not 93...but i really don't see the justification to have over 2500 americans dead because of that....do you?

Fred55
11-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Where are you getting you information from? The media changes the stories of the war so much its not funny. Go ask anybody who was over in Iraq and they will tell you its a different story that what the media has been telling us. Unless you were over there, you have no credibility.

11-02-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Fred55
Where are you getting you information from? The media changes the stories of the war so much its not funny. Go ask anybody who was over in Iraq and they will tell you its a different story that what the media has been telling us. Unless you were over there, you have no credibility.

just so i understand your comment...you've had to have been to iraq to have credibility? well that wipes out anyone on this website, and oh ya...um..most of the world.... :rolleyes:

bwamos
11-03-2006, 06:40 AM
the only thing related to chemical weapons found so far were some old cannisters that were believed to have been used during the conflict with iran....the other things you speak of....well put it this way, you are the only person in the world that seems to have this knowledge, because no one else has said any of those things and had the facts to back it up....and the last thing i remember saddam did to break the u.n. resolution was to have missiles that went 110 miles not 93...but i really don't see the justification to have over 2500 americans dead because of that....do you?

For one, even if it was jsut stockpiling the old cannisters, that alone broke the UN Resolution. They were to be disposed of.

Do you honestly think the liberal media would make big news out of WMD's being found? It hampers their sales when sensationalism sells more papers.

Well... how about reading the declasified documents from the investigation made by the National Ground Intelligence Agency that the Democrats called for. Don't call for an investigation, then disregard the findings.

Or, a few articles from the Media.. since that's what you guys seem to beleive. Because we all know how unbaised and truthful the media is 100% of the time. Note: major sarcasm intended.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38213
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,200499,00.html
[/url]

Of course the above places are Conservative biased, as CNN, and MSNBC are liberal biased. Fox's article is closest to the truth.

No complete, freshly manufactured WMD's were found. But, overwhelming evidence of continuing programs, stockpiles of materials, hidden old caches not disposed of, etc... were all infact found. All of which, every single one, broke the resolution.

None were what we were specifically looking for. But, he did have them. Saving none were found, is false.

Was attacking Iraq a mistake? I don't beleive so. Why does all the blame go to George Bush for the attack.. do I need to bring up the list of democrats that completely suported the war on Iraq, only to later backpedal because they have no spine to backup their words once the damage was done?

Even if it were a mistake.. we can't jsut pull out. That would be plain stupid. We have to finish what was started.. or their land will be taken over by someone 10x worse, or Iran will take them over. We can't abandon the common people of Iraq. We need to get them settled, and set up to prosper under a system of equality.

All the bickering aside... the simple fact is Iraq used to be a democracy. We (the US) are at fault for giving Sadam too much power during the cold war to the point he could overtake the government. It was our mess to clean up. And we should have cleaned it up 20 years ago. Do you disagree?

11-03-2006, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
Being smart acedemically doesn't mean crap in the real world. He is a dick who would vote for that moron!

Is this coming from someone without a college degree?? I beg to differ! Having a "good" college education is key in making it in the world today. By good I don't mean getting a literature degree or elementary ed degree, I mean something like a degree in engineering. It doesn't necessarily guarantee you success, but your chances of being successful without one is far less than with one.

Here is an example of what I speak: my nephew is graduating in the spring with a degree in petroleum engineering, he's already accepted an offer to work at a local oil/gas company and his annual salary will be $88K/year with a $22K sign on bonus.

Most of his buddies he graduated HS with who did not go to college are probably flipping hamburgers at the golden arches!

11-03-2006, 08:21 AM
For one, even if it was jsut stockpiling the old cannisters, that alone broke the UN Resolution. They were to be disposed of.

Do you honestly think the liberal media would make big news out of WMD's being found? It hampers their sales when sensationalism sells more papers.

Well... how about reading the declasified documents from the investigation made by the National Ground Intelligence Agency that the Democrats called for. Don't call for an investigation, then disregard the findings.

Or, a few articles from the Media.. since that's what you guys seem to beleive. Because we all know how unbaised and truthful the media is 100% of the time. Note: major sarcasm intended.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38213
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,200499,00.html
[/url]

Of course the above places are Conservative biased, as CNN, and MSNBC are liberal biased. Fox's article is closest to the truth.

No complete, freshly manufactured WMD's were found. But, overwhelming evidence of continuing programs, stockpiles of materials, hidden old caches not disposed of, etc... were all infact found. All of which, every single one, broke the resolution.

None were what we were specifically looking for. But, he did have them. Saving none were found, is false.

Was attacking Iraq a mistake? I don't beleive so. Why does all the blame go to George Bush for the attack.. do I need to bring up the list of democrats that completely suported the war on Iraq, only to later backpedal because they have no spine to backup their words once the damage was done?

Even if it were a mistake.. we can't jsut pull out. That would be plain stupid. We have to finish what was started.. or their land will be taken over by someone 10x worse, or Iran will take them over. We can't abandon the common people of Iraq. We need to get them settled, and set up to prosper under a system of equality.

All the bickering aside... the simple fact is Iraq used to be a democracy. We (the US) are at fault for giving Sadam too much power during the cold war to the point he could overtake the government. It was our mess to clean up. And we should have cleaned it up 20 years ago. Do you disagree?

this will be hard for some to believe...but i really don't feel like arguing....i will say this though...over half of this country and pretty much the rest of the world believes the iraq thing was/is a huge sham....are there really that many "hippies" in the world...:ermm:

Fred55
11-03-2006, 08:38 AM
just so i understand your comment...you've had to have been to iraq to have credibility? well that wipes out anyone on this website, and oh ya...um..most of the world.... :rolleyes:

No I haven't but I never said anything that would suggest that I was. I was just saying the information is so skewed from the media, the only only people that can truly say whats going on are the soldiers....so unless you were over there...you have no credibility.

11-03-2006, 08:40 AM
How can any of you really cair what he said?

krt400ex
11-03-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by slow
How can any of you really cair what he said?

because he degraded our troops, who r out there dying for our freedom and the freedom of others. and they r not out there because they r stupid. it was a slap in the faco to those who r proud to fight for our country and who have an education. the guy is an @sshole and everybody knows it.

11-03-2006, 09:31 AM
fighting for us? Yeah right. I dont see all iraq trying to invade are country. Im glad iraq hates usa cause they diserve to. And military guys think their all that.

11-03-2006, 09:33 AM
I would vote for Kerry. John gaurd is a nerd.

krt400ex
11-03-2006, 09:51 AM
well then, now i know u have problems....is there anybody else who would vote for Kerry?

yes the troops are fighting for us. Sadam was only growing in power, and it was only a matter of time before he would attack America. everybody knows that. he did have nuclear weapons, and chemical weapons. he tested them on his own ppl, and he was making sure they were ready to be used on US!!!!