PDA

View Full Version : anyone use the ac blackline propegs/with heelguards?

honda4life72
10-31-2006, 05:18 PM
i am 6'1 and where a 14 shoe and was woundering if these heelguards are comfortable for bigger riders.... i would get without heelguards but don't want to lose my leg:(

D Bergstrom
10-31-2006, 08:26 PM
I bought a set back in April, (Not the black ones, just the regular ones.) I left them on for one ride. I have a size 11 boot and my heel would hit the back of them when I would stand up and lean back. Very annoying. The guy that I race with wears a size 15 boot. He took the quad for a ride went about 1/4 mile, turned around and came back and said the quad is unrideable for him. I would not recomend them if you have big feet. I ended up going with the IMS setup (Pegs, heel guards, nerfs.) Very expensive but it really is a great setup, it will never come off my quad.

Doug

DirtDevilBT
11-01-2006, 01:38 PM
The heel guards are very much in the way for the bigger footed rider. I wear size 12 boots and took it out for the first time at Glamis, I hated it. I felt like I was leaning over the front the whole time, because I couldn't stand back far enough.

However, I still feel it was worth buying them because of the protection that was there. All I did was remove the heel guards. You still get more protection than a standard nerf. Here's mine.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p33/B450r/450r%20pics/102_2272.jpg

Sjorge450R
11-01-2006, 03:04 PM
i wear a size 10 boot and I love them. The protection is there and they work perfect for me. All depends on your riding style.Oh and Im 5'10"

Phills450r
11-01-2006, 05:31 PM
I wear a size 12 with them and they work great but do get in the way.. The back plate that is in the heel guard on mine is bent back a little where my heel goes. I was thinking about cutting out that back plate so I can move my heel back a few more inches but still have that guard go around.. I would rather not break a leg :(

TarheelRedRider
11-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Just got my set today let you know as soon as I get them installed. Im 6'3 so I feel you there.

honda4life72
11-01-2006, 06:43 PM
yea let me know how it works out..what bout the black line ones? anyone got them? with the nets in the heel?

DJJ450r
11-01-2006, 07:38 PM
you already know I've had them, and that I hated them, I would get some IMS heelgaurds if I were you or just get the ones without heelgaurds:macho

honda4life72
11-02-2006, 02:02 PM
well i was wondering cuz your not as big as me ..and i am talkin bout the new blackline ones with the neting in the foot

rollie
11-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Im going to be going with the RATH's, a little more expensive than AC's but they dont rattle, you cant even tell the heelguard is there because its a net and the powdercoat is much thicker on them compared to AC's

DirtDevilBT
11-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Phills450r
I wear a size 12 with them and they work great but do get in the way.. The back plate that is in the heel guard on mine is bent back a little where my heel goes. I was thinking about cutting out that back plate so I can move my heel back a few more inches but still have that guard go around.. I would rather not break a leg :(
FYI: I tryied bending them back so it would give me room, wasn't enough. So I cut out the aluminum tins and left the round bar, still wasn't enough room. I cut them completely off and now they're golden. I stand on the balls of my feet, I think that's what that part is called, just before my toes.

2.) FYI: Mine DON'T rattle or some apart or anything. I have never tighten them or added duct tape or anything, I just put the on and everything has been great for the last 2 years. I don't know what peoples problems are, but there are always to fix what's wrong if you are set on AC's.

rlplive
11-02-2006, 09:52 PM
Hey man I wear size 14 boots, and I am 6'3" and my pro armors kick ***, can't even tell the heelguards are there

DJJ450r
11-03-2006, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by honda4life72
well i was wondering cuz your not as big as me ..and i am talkin bout the new blackline ones with the neting in the foot I had the black-lines and I'm 6' and wear a size 12 boot:blah:

Sjorge450R
11-03-2006, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
I had the black-lines and I'm 6' and wear a size 12 boot:blah:

same ones I got. I never hit the heal guard during my entire first race. I would think that the older style would be different tho

oh and your supposed to put the netting under the peg and then connect it to the nerfs......:p I did the same thing at first because I looped the nets in first.

HAVOK
11-03-2006, 10:01 AM
What I don't like about ac propegs is,there is no room to kick your heel down is like 3/4". And Alm. pegs are garbage it is like standing on ice when they get wet and muddy. Steel pegs is where the grip is at, IMS,Proarmor,Rath.

honda4life72
11-04-2006, 08:39 AM
ok i found the abla nerfs and they are only 107.99 ..any body got hese? are the worth it ?

400exrider707
11-04-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by HAVOK
What I don't like about ac propegs is,there is no room to kick your heel down is like 3/4". And Alm. pegs are garbage it is like standing on ice when they get wet and muddy. Steel pegs is where the grip is at, IMS,Proarmor,Rath.

The AC blacklines come with stainless removable pegs...no more aluminum teeth....also I think some of you are confusing pegs here...the black lines can be bought in standard aluminum brushed color, not all blackline stuff is actually black. I've used nearly every kind of AC nerfbar and prefer the very old styles with the removable heel guards, the new blacklines are awful and your heel does rub on the back and is very annoying.