PDA

View Full Version : needing help with change of axle

QuadJunkies
10-31-2006, 01:21 PM
We have an axle and are not sure whos axle it is?:confused:

It fits the E-ton bearing Carrier,the rotor hub is the right spline and fits.... BUT.. the sprocket hub is a different spline.

the E-ton vipers sprocket hub is FLAT with a spacer behind it that goes into the seals.

the Kasea spocket hub fits the splines on the NEW axle,and has a built in spacer that goesnt intpo the seals,but allows about 1/2 inch of play in the axle-Hub is TOO NARROW/TOO THIN

The axle may have been off an Apex, but we have no real clue.

Heres some pictures. If not, Il talk ot Rich about it tomorrow.

QuadJunkies
10-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Eton

QuadJunkies
10-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Kasea

kasea90cc
10-31-2006, 04:26 PM
for sure not apex, because we have one, maybe an drx.

markvette
10-31-2006, 05:32 PM
it is an eton axle. i have the same axle on bubba's viper. it will not fit the kasea. it will fit the eton. the sprocket hub fits VERY tight. i had to use a rubber mallet to get it on.

Mark

QuadJunkies
11-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by markvette
it is an eton axle. i have the same axle on bubba's viper. it will not fit the kasea. it will fit the eton. the sprocket hub fits VERY tight. i had to use a rubber mallet to get it on.

Mark

Troy used alot of force to put it on and wouldnt budge. Hes tried even with a hammer to it which he didnt like to do .....

tried a mallet wouldnt go on ...He said he will check the splines again.
Thanks

jetmedic
11-04-2006, 05:09 AM
I have this axle and I had to use a hyd press to get the sprocket hub on. but it works well. My son has bent one of these as well just from racing and jumping.

QuadJunkies
11-06-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by jetmedic
I have this axle and I had to use a hyd press to get the sprocket hub on. but it works well. My son has bent one of these as well just from racing and jumping.

Thanks for the info ;)