PDA

View Full Version : Air filter change!

NOS EX300
09-09-2002, 12:35 PM
Will changing out the stock air filter and changing it for a UNI or K&N filter give it a LITTLE more power? Whats yor favriote Filter?
And wil you need to rejet when only changing the Air filter?

Thanks AGAIN

Doibugu2
09-09-2002, 12:40 PM
No, you won't notice any more power.

No, you won't have to rejet.

I would say K&N is most popular. Maybe 60% K&N, 30% Uni. Just guessing on the %'s.

But since cleaning the stock filter is a pain, getting the K&N is kind of nice. Also, if you get the dyno jet kit, that will give you a little throttle response.

NOS EX300
09-09-2002, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the quick reply i will lookin to getting a K&N kit but i have read post where the K&N filter has let in small amouts of dirt!!!! SO would the UNI filter be beter and what other filters do i have to chose from??

Doibugu2
09-09-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by NOS EX300
Thanks for the quick reply i will lookin to getting a K&N kit but i have read post where the K&N filter has let in small amouts of dirt!!!!

That only happens with people that don't use get an outwears. That filters out the little stuff. You won't go wrong with a K&N if you clean it regularly and make sure it is installed properly.

01_400exrider
09-09-2002, 01:04 PM
Go with a k&N, i noticed a diff, going up hills, felt like the r's were still there vs. bogging!

TheX1992
09-09-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by NOS EX300
Thanks for the quick reply i will lookin to getting a K&N kit but i have read post where the K&N filter has let in small amouts of dirt!!!! SO would the UNI filter be beter and what other filters do i have to chose from??

like my dad says, small shat gets burned up anyway.....hah. i use mine w/o outerwear. i love it. its easy to clean and everyting. just if u ride dunes or alot of mud use outerwear but regular riding wont hurt it to much just keep an eye on it

chavez
09-09-2002, 02:25 PM
we raced the john penton in milfield oh this last saturday so dusy you couldn't see 1/2 with uni air filters 1/2 with k&n all with outterwears 1 of 2 things happened to my uni i either sucked up all the dust on the track thru the motor or my outterwear stopped it my filter was pretty desent for the conditions. the k&n was packed thru with the dust one even burn up a motor