PDA

View Full Version : Modded Dune Tires

rooster300ex
10-31-2006, 12:28 PM
I recently went to little sahara(waynoka,ok), and before I went I buffed 2 paddles off each of my kenda trakkers because 8 was to much for my 300ex, and other reasons also. It ended up making my duning expierence alot better, but man was the ride bumpy as hell on the pavement. My question is what if I buff off 2 more paddles off each tire to space the paddles out evenly so it will ride smooth like it did with 8 paddles. And do you think having 4 paddles on kenda trakkers with a 300ex will be ok?

bwamos
10-31-2006, 12:45 PM
Probably work fine. Better than 6 of 8 because you're traction isn't applied evenly since it's going.. paddle, paddle, space, paddle, paddle, paddle, space, paddle.....

rooster300ex
10-31-2006, 07:14 PM
It seemed to work pretty good compared to having 8 paddles. I do see what ya mean though. So you don't think I would have a problem with making them 4 paddles on each tire.? I've heard 6 paddle gliders have pretty short length blades for smaller HP engines, and the trakkers are kinna tall. Seems it would even out makin em 4 paddles.

400eXr1d3rZ
10-31-2006, 08:27 PM
I think 8 paddle reg haulers or a 7 paddle reg hauler would work for you, because of all the mods you have, everyone down here runs 8/9 paddle haulerso n there 400's (stock or not) and seeing you mods you should have as much power as a 400 if not more, i think it would work perfectly. And if you want a little less wheelspin you could stretch them.

CHEVYZ
11-01-2006, 04:53 AM
Yeah, but all of that depends on where you are racing. I have had places where my eight paddle Haulers were too much, and then I have been to places where it wasn't enough. It varies.

rooster300ex
11-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
I think 8 paddle reg haulers or a 7 paddle reg hauler would work for you, because of all the mods you have, everyone down here runs 8/9 paddle haulerso n there 400's (stock or not) and seeing you mods you should have as much power as a 400 if not more, i think it would work perfectly. And if you want a little less wheelspin you could stretch them.

I have nowhere near the HP of a 400ex. I bet a 400ex has 10 more HP then me.

bwamos
11-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ

Nah.. haulers rob waay to much HP even from a modified 330 like I have. I like to run an 7 paddle glider hawk. (Wynoka, OK sand). Wynoka is a dry sand most of the time.. so it robs a lot more HP than the sand in Coos Bay, Oregon did when I lived there.