PDA

View Full Version : Plastic under warranty???

BiggerRed 400ex
09-09-2002, 11:55 AM
Ok.. heres the deal... i bought my 400 about 3 months ago.. and i've only ridden it about 9 times and the last time I was taking the plastic side panels off to get to the carb i noticed that on the right side, all three tabs that hold the black side panel on, were completely broken off... the left side was fine. So should this be covered under the warranty under quality of materials??? it seems that this shouldn't have happend and no i have not crashed it at ALL! Any input would be appreciated... Thanks
:confused:

02exchic
09-09-2002, 02:07 PM
Plastics are not covered under warranty. :(
Couldn't hurt to talk to the dealer you bought it from though.....maybe since it hasn't been too long they would work with ya......

Good Luck!

EricB
09-09-2002, 07:02 PM
yeah doubtfully they will waranty them, but you never know hehe. talk to them all calm and be nice, would you want to be nice to someone who is a prick?

JB's 400ex
09-10-2002, 10:42 AM
I had the same problem with mine and I argued with my dealer and he said it wasn't covered. My dealers ingenious suggestion was to screw them on to the back of the red plastic. I think that is why he was a salesman and not a technician. I didn't quite believe him but he said that is what everyone does. A friend of mine has a 99 and the same thing happened. I used some superglue to try and reinforce the tab(I didn't superglue it to the side and it hasn't continued to crack but I also haven't taken the panels off since.

YLW400
09-10-2002, 10:47 AM
I actually did get mine replaced, you need to take it to your dealer. As long as you didnt wreck it anyway, thats what my dealer told me!! Go there!!

quadracer12
09-10-2002, 11:26 AM
your new ones will do that too. just put a couple zip ties in them. that way when you take the plastic off it all stays together.

Sick0
09-10-2002, 04:17 PM
I think this problem happens to alot of people. I just used zip ties to hold the plastic togather

BiggerRed 400ex
09-11-2002, 02:33 PM
Ok, i will try to get it replaced by the dealer but if they deny me hard then i will go to plan B and use the good idea of zip ties! thanks
:macho