PDA

View Full Version : Rear Axle Nut

honda123
10-31-2006, 03:40 AM
Tired sreaching for this topic no luck! Havin a problem were one side only rear axle nut becomes loose after every ride. I have applied lock-tite new cotter pin and so on. nut looks fine splin on axle looks fine? any ideas thanks.

pual0101
10-31-2006, 06:48 AM
im dead serious with you, use duct tape, thats what i did and obviously its the easiest thing to do
it wont slip like the lock-tight

Colby@C&DRacing
10-31-2006, 08:15 AM
I used a 1/2 impact and rattle the heck out of it, make sure you use the right size cotter pin if you use a small one it will still allow the nut to back off some

NacsMXer
10-31-2006, 08:21 AM
I believe he is referring to the hub nuts not the axle lock nut.

I would use some red loctite and use an impact wrench to tighten that hub nut.

svahle
10-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Not to hijack this thread but I have a similar problem. Here is the rub. I have different hubs for my sand tires (the hubs for my beadlocks are Yamaha and the hubs for my paddles are honda). Anyway, if I use the red loctite or duct tape, is it going to be extremely difficult to remove the hub nut when I need to change hubs to hit the dunes.

NacsMXer
10-31-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by svahle
Not to hijack this thread but I have a similar problem. Here is the rub. I have different hubs for my sand tires (the hubs for my beadlocks are Yamaha and the hubs for my paddles are honda). Anyway, if I use the red loctite or duct tape, is it going to be extremely difficult to remove the hub nut when I need to change hubs to hit the dunes.

Yes, the red loctite will make it difficult to remove without heat or air tools. Blue loctite isn't near as bad to remove however.