PDA

View Full Version : louisiana riders

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

bayou boy
10-31-2006, 02:28 AM
i figured i would start a new thread since mostly all we do is b/s in the other threads....anyone been to sand hill since it started to cool off?

CHEVYZ
10-31-2006, 04:22 AM
We haven't been in a while, but we are (planning) on going this weekend and possibly camping out if they let us. Anybody else up for a ride? Whatever happened to (damn, forget the user name) the guy with the Predator? I haven't seen him on in a while. In any event, for anyone that may come, we are gonna bring out the 450s this time since I am trying to fix up the 400 a bit... need to change that timing chain and want to go through the engine.:)

bayou boy
10-31-2006, 07:26 AM
the guy was jap??? something. use the crf chain...not hard to install just takes a lil time. i forgot what my quad looks like

CHEVYZ
10-31-2006, 01:19 PM
You have to split the cases to do the timing chain, right? Haha, not sure. How hard is it to split the cases, and do various parts just "fall" out when you split them?

You still remember how to ride that thing? :p

bayou boy
11-01-2006, 02:26 AM
you dont have to split the case...just remove the clutch cover...you have basicly take everything off of that side though...clutch...oil pump etc. not hard just takes a lil while. i have been riding motorcyles here though so at least i get to ride something...it is fun here to ride you can pass between cars at traffic lights zip in and out of traffic nobody cares...i wish we could do that back home

CHEVYZ
11-01-2006, 05:10 AM
Oh, alright. Seems simple enough. I started stripping it down for a cleanup yesterday. :p

kiesta00
11-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Where is the sand hill at? I havent' been riding in a while b/c my 250's been needing some repairs...me and some friends might be goin to the dunes in a few weekends once my bike is up and running again

CHEVYZ
11-01-2006, 01:27 PM
Sand Hill is right around Wiggins, Ms. About an hour and a half (or so) from New Orleans.

Which dunes are you going to? We could probably make it.

kiesta00
11-01-2006, 10:13 PM
We usually go to the LA dunes since its only an hour away...is that place you're talking about like the dunes or just an uphill sand drag? I'd like to go somewhere different for a change haha

CHEVYZ
11-02-2006, 04:38 AM
It isn't an uphill sand drag, but I could not quite describe it like LA Dunes. It is more of a big open sand area. There are a few trails and a big field for a parking area, a big hill to play on and the smoothest sand drag around. If you are looking for hills, this probably isn't your place. There is really only one big hill.

Have you been to LA Dunes recently? We went about a year ago, but haven't been back. Kinda strange. We loved the place, hell, LA Dunes is what brought us from a stock 400EX to what we have now!

kiesta00
11-02-2006, 10:35 AM
yeahh we went about 2 months ago and it poured the whole time we were out there but we cut up between showers haha. I guess my bearing carrier didn't like that water/sand lol. They had a few 450rs supossedly with "porwork, carb, piston/cam" but I doubt it...they weren't that fast I was keeping up with them on my bolt-on 250. My friend has a pretty fast 400ex...maybe you guys will have to race :devil: A lot of the people we met last time were from texas and south louisiana. Once I get my rear end put back together and rolling I'll send you guys a message so we can meet up out there one weekend or something.

Keith

CHEVYZ
11-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah, let us know when you want to make a ride out somewhere. I always enjoy good competition. :p

400eXr1d3rZ
11-05-2006, 10:11 PM
I went to the spillway today, mo-skeeturs are pretty bad over there. I can finally shift, I had to move my shifter up a bit but it got it to work. I smoked a Piped LTR (probably not even jetted!) and a Piped Filtered YFZ! Two big black guys lol, they came up to me and asked "watchu got in dat bike" I said its just piped filtered and jetted. They looked a little confused :blah:

But it was pretty fun, even though I was only there for an hour. My friend had sold his warrior to his friend Chris, Chris used some kind of super car paint and painted his plastics, it looks awesome It's like a blue sparkle. And some custom airbrushing. Luckily my exhaust never cracked and I was riding hard. My quad runs so perfect other than burning oil on startup. I need to replace my valve seals.

CHEVYZ
11-06-2006, 04:29 AM
That is good to hear. We were gonna head out to the Spillway since we didn't go to Sand Hill, but since some things came up Sunday we couldn't go to either. I had heard the mosquitos were bad out there as well.

Good to hear that your bike appears to be ripping. I LOVE being the underdog. Doesn't really matter what I am on, but on the 400EX especially. I am scheduled for a couple neighborhood races, but considering I just destroy everyone elses bikes, everyone is too afraid to come run me. I have to chase them down lol.

bayou boy
11-06-2006, 06:20 AM
we still have scooter drags down here....pm me yall email addys...i got a funny vid i shot thurs here i will try to send

bayou boy
11-06-2006, 06:33 AM
they have the clash spring jamboree dates and classes up on planet sand....will prolly miss this one too...:(

CHEVYZ
11-06-2006, 06:50 AM
I am gonna kid.... well, adultnap you for a little while so that you can finally come to a clash. :p

CHEVYZ
11-06-2006, 07:00 AM
PM'd ya'

I am still waiting for the pics of the clash to go up on the site. I think they have a couple of pics of us. On planet sand they have some vids of an EX with a 650 engine on it. Have you seen it?

kiesta00
11-06-2006, 11:59 AM
yeaa it was pretty fast for a bike thrown together a night before...i wonder what all he has on it

bayou boy
11-07-2006, 01:22 AM
i saw some vids of it running too....looks like he had it running good in the vids....that is a great sleeper. i guess one day i will make it to a clash. i should be done down here by late feb, early march. after that i can ride everyday...lol. now when i go home we usually ride during the week. i saw they have area 2 back open. that is a good thing.

bayou boy
11-07-2006, 01:24 AM
the files are to big to send thru my email....i will post it some where and send yall the link

CHEVYZ
11-07-2006, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by bayou boy
i saw some vids of it running too....looks like he had it running good in the vids....that is a great sleeper. i guess one day i will make it to a clash. i should be done down here by late feb, early march. after that i can ride everyday...lol. now when i go home we usually ride during the week. i saw they have area 2 back open. that is a good thing.

Yeah, that bike was sweet. They were parked next to us and were just the coolest people as well.

After you get done out there, they let you stay back for a couple of months, or how does that work?

bayou boy
11-07-2006, 06:37 AM
i will be done as in probably never come back here...i used to work here for about 5 weeks then go home for about 8 weeks and come back....now i work 4 weeks here and 10 days home....my last 2 trips have been long due to new visa and things here being busy. im not complaining i'm getting rich:D

CHEVYZ
11-07-2006, 06:46 AM
Haha, I am rich *****! Tell them if they need some help, I am over here LOL. That is great that you probably won't have to go back.

Mc. Muffin
11-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Did you guys mis me?

My bro fell 35+ ft while nailing shingles on a roof...
He broke his back in two places and damage his spinal cord a little. My bro cant move/feel his legs from the knee down, the docs said that he may be back on his feet by another 6-12 months if all goes as plan...

kiesta00
11-07-2006, 09:13 PM
dam man sorry to hear that...hope he can make a good recovery

bayou boy
11-08-2006, 01:09 AM
havent sent yall the vids yet...they are too big to send so i need to down size them

CHEVYZ
11-08-2006, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Mc. Muffin
Did you guys mis me?

My bro fell 35+ ft while nailing shingles on a roof...
He broke his back in two places and damage his spinal cord a little. My bro cant move/feel his legs from the knee down, the docs said that he may be back on his feet by another 6-12 months if all goes as plan... Damn man, that sucks. Hope he has a quick recovery!

I was wondering where you were.

bayou boy
11-10-2006, 01:12 AM
well guys get ready to eat dirt...im leaving tomorrow to go home for a while. got word they need me on the home end now so now i can get back to riding all the time:D

CHEVYZ
11-10-2006, 04:26 AM
Sweet. We need to have another "forum get together." Hold a little grudge match with the EXs and stuff.

LMK whenever you get back and are ready for a ride. :p

kiesta00
11-10-2006, 04:35 AM
hell yeah I should be rolling by next weekend (18th) just give me a heads up and we'll try to meet yall somewhere

Keith

CHEVYZ
11-10-2006, 04:53 AM
Hell yeah!

On another note, Clash pics are up on the website. We are in a few of them. Check it out. They got bunch of "stand still" shots, but a few of us racing. They did get some of me racing drag bikes, though. How nice LOL.

I will post some pics up in the clash thread later.

bayou boy
11-10-2006, 06:30 AM
may try to make a trip to la dunes for thanksgiving

CHEVYZ
11-10-2006, 01:22 PM
If you decide to go, let us know. We have BEEN wanting to hit up LA Dunes!

bayou boy
11-12-2006, 03:36 PM
i'm back....flew in this morning....we will prolly ride this weekeknd for sure. lol got to re jet the quads....was still hot when i left. i definitly want to hit la. dunes soon...may hit the spillway this weekend....will let yall know

400eXr1d3rZ
11-12-2006, 08:53 PM
I went hunting this weekend, saw no deer, shot at a pig with slugs and missed (god i hate that pig), then was riding a utility quad around and saw a turkey, popped a cap in his ***.

kiesta00
11-12-2006, 08:59 PM
hey guys I think we're going to the dunes this sunday (19th) fi you can make it...I'll let you know for sure later in the week...get those 4strokes readyyy :D

CHEVYZ
11-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Kiesta, we are gonna see about going if you are up for it.

In any case, we went to Sand Hill last weekend. It was pretty fun. We had the fastest 450 out there.... first gear launches on that bike is the ticket. Comes out the hole very well. We got to try out a streetbike hybrid quad out there, too. It was a 300EX "custom" frame with a Honda 600 engine in it. It was very fast....you wouldn't hit second gear on it until almost the other end of the track. I still prefer the 450, though.

Unfortunately, we did have some bad luck with the 05; I think Sand Hill has a bad effect on that bike LOL. When the engine gets hot it "ticks" when in gear. Maybe a bad bearing? Not really sure at this point, but in the mean time we have the other engine, too. Worst case, we can always throw a setup together, I guess.

bayou boy
11-13-2006, 06:00 PM
la dunes thanksgiving weekend? we are thinking about going the thursday and coming home the sunday....anyone up for it?

kiesta00
11-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Hope its nothin too major...my friend's 450 had a loose crank in it...$$$ to fix. I'm goin to toledo bend for thanksgiving weekend so I can't make it out that weekend. hopefully I can get all of the 450r brake parts in so I can be ready for sunday.

CHEVYZ
11-15-2006, 05:22 AM
We may be up for Thanksgiving weekend. Hoping so. In any case, I am guessing it must be something related to the clutch, transmission... something along those lines because it only does it when in gear. If I screw up the engine, I will just build a monster stroker. :p

Streetbike hybrid sounds good, too, though. :o

bayou boy
11-17-2006, 07:28 PM
spillway sunday??? we are probably going. i want to run the quads before thanksgiving weekend

400eXr1d3rZ
11-18-2006, 07:24 AM
I'm going hunting thanksgiving weekend, gonna kill me a deer! I may be able to go to the spilllway tommorow, not too sure though.

CHEVYZ
11-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Sorry to say, we aren't going anywhere tomorrow. We are just getting to the bikes....so much had to be done today at home just didn't have the chance. We changed the oil in the 05 and it was burnt. Another act of wisdom I guess on our part. Seems like there is probably a bearing/s going out in the tranny. No biggie, I guess. We are just gonna put the big setup on it and tear down the other for necessary work. We won't have a chance until after the trip, though.

We ARE going to LA Dunes for Thanksgiving, weekend, though. We have decided that we will probably just bring all three bikes and ride the EX and 06 mainly. The 05 can have a little fun, but I want to try some different setups on the bikes to see if we can make something happen. Don't want to run it alot the way it is right now.

kiesta00
11-19-2006, 12:07 AM
I'll be in toledo bend that weekend so we'll have to get a run another time :D good luck wt those repairs

CHEVYZ
11-19-2006, 06:57 AM
Hope you have a good time. Sorry I could not make it this time. By next time I will definately be up for it.

I also found alot of trash in my engine....my crank case breather isn't filtering and is sucking in trash. Could be another reason. I may do an engine swap today and just run the all stock engine in it out there.

Mc. Muffin
11-19-2006, 07:21 AM
Sorry to say I want be able to make the trip also.

CHEVYZ- Dang good luck with the repairs and the engine swap...

CHEVYZ
11-20-2006, 06:52 AM
Thanks. :cool:

bayou boy
11-20-2006, 07:41 AM
we hit the spillway yesterday nothing like a cool winter morning for tree dodging. area 2 looks pretty good. a little mud here and there area 1 totaly sucks big mud holes every where in the roads. it needs to be graded bad. what day are you leaving for the dunes.....we are undecided about leaving thursday afternoon or friday morning

CHEVYZ
11-20-2006, 07:50 AM
LOL....we are also undecided as to leaving Thursday evening or Friday morning. We are leaning towards Thursday, but it is still undecided.

Good to hear that area 2 is OK. I agree about area 1, though. Needs work bad. Last time we went only area 1 was open and we weren't too happy about it.

bayou boy
11-20-2006, 07:57 AM
i asked the trail blazers if we could bring a tractor out there to fix the drag area....waiting on a response. they have some new jumps in area 2. some are good some you have to watch because of the face they throw you straight up. the only problem is the way it looks they scraped dirt from behind the jumps to make them and there is big mud puddles where you land. i had fun waiting at the trail head for victims to pass...lol. i guess i need to call the dunes to see what day they are going to open. i think they will have a good turnout. i am going to try to re gear to see if it will pull a lil harder.

bayou boy
11-20-2006, 08:07 AM
i just called the dunes. they dont open till friday morning. i guess that settled the what day debate...

CHEVYZ
11-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Haha, alright. Thanks, because we would have never known. I also would like to try some different gearing combinations..at least with the EX. Need to call up the Honda shop.

bayou boy
11-20-2006, 08:31 AM
no big change...i have a 39 tooth sitting in the shed that i never used so i am going to throw it on to try it...i think it may be a lil better with the extremes....how many people you have going with you? i had 5 but the others ended up having to work the fri and sat.

CHEVYZ
11-20-2006, 08:40 AM
no big change...i have a 39 tooth sitting in the shed that i never used so i am going to throw it on to try it...i think it may be a lil better with the extremes....how many people you have going with you? i had 5 but the others ended up having to work the fri and sat. I am not sure yet. I had two of my buddies up for it, but they decided to go hunting instead. Grrr. I have my little buddy with the KTM that may be interested and a buddy with a Raptor. We have a friend coming, but no bike. Not a whole lot.

If I run those big arse tires I am gonna need to drop the hell out of the gearing, but I think that will be too much. I will probably just run the 8's. I will use the big paddles on the 06 for the most part.

Just OT, how hard is it to split the cases on the EX? One of the people that just moved into my neighborhood (has an 07 450r...woot) has an EX for sale. I could get it for $900 and all it needs is for the engine to be assembled. It may be fine, but he isn't sure if the gears in the tranny are right. Doh! Has a couple things already done, though.

Mc. Muffin
11-20-2006, 11:07 AM
You lucky bastered:grr:
When are you getting the '07 SE 450R? :cool: (sig)

About the 400, I would buy the 400 and throw out the motor and make a YZ426 hybrid:macho

As far as splitting the case, I have on idea...

bayou boy
11-20-2006, 11:20 AM
not very hard to split the cases...use your manual and take your time. will take a good part of the day to do. when i did tommys it took 14 hours to get the motor out the quad take it totally apart swap cranks re assemble and put it back in. it looks more intimidating than it really is. i would do it again. the blaster was a lot easier to split....less parts. go for it.....while its down stroke it!!

CHEVYZ
11-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Haha, we were gonna get it Saturday, but the place closed too soon. We will just call it a Christmas present LOL. Nah, I was about to dump another grand into my EX, so I am just gonna put that money plus a little extra towards financing a new 450 instead.

Haha, I thought about making the EX either a 450 or 1000 (streetbike) hybrid. I already have a 450 engine that will be aside. We probably won't though. If we put a little time into it, we could probably pull out with a good profit if we sold it!

CHEVYZ
11-20-2006, 11:26 AM
not very hard to split the cases...use your manual and take your time. will take a good part of the day to do. when i did tommys it took 14 hours to get the motor out the quad take it totally apart swap cranks re assemble and put it back in. it looks more intimidating than it really is. i would do it again. the blaster was a lot easier to split....less parts. go for it.....while its down stroke it!! Thanks. I heard from one of my buddies that when you split the cases, you have a bunch of little parts (like springs and random parts) go everywhere. Is that true?

bayou boy
11-20-2006, 11:36 AM
no small parts ever flew anywhere when i did it. you lay it down on its side on the bench and SLOWLY take the case off...make sure the tranny gears stay with the case side that is on the bench...if not then the parts may fly....lol. like i said it looks more intimidating than it really is. everything has its place just look at it real good before you pass the point of no return. the manual will be your best friend

CHEVYZ
11-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Alrighty, cool. Thanks for the help, it does not sound like it is too bad. I will probably just go for it!

CHEVYZ
11-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Argh! I have to change the head gasket on the EX as well. I took it for a spin to see how it was doing and it felt dead on the top. Ran like a turd and was wanting to kill on me, don't know why, though. I thought maybe it was the valves or the cam chain/tensioner with the excessive ticking, but I decided to check the engine out and saw a bit of oil on the cylinder. Sure enough, blowing smoke out of the side, bubbling, little bit of oil running out. I guess I will start on it too, now.:grr:

400eXr1d3rZ
11-20-2006, 03:11 PM
WHAT!!!! I didn't know area 2 was opened!!!!

bayou boy
11-20-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
WHAT!!!! I didn't know area 2 was opened!!!!

ssssshhhhh!! dont tell anyone with a 4X4....i need to change my head gasket too...it has a tiny leak....lol it has been that way for a while. i am going to put the heavy studs in it. i plan on doing an entire face lift on it soon now that i have time.

CHEVYZ
11-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Mine has also been bad pretty much from the get go, it just has finally turned into something nasty. I am gonna do the timing chain and whatnot now. I may not bring it out to LA Dunes, though. I will see how it works out.

We finished the engine swap. Only took a few hours to get everything done and cleaned up. Yay! That makes two we will get to ride. We will only have a bone stock 05 engine, but it is better than nothing!

400eXr1d3rZ
11-20-2006, 07:31 PM
ssssshhhhh!! dont tell anyone with a 4X4....i need to change my head gasket too...it has a tiny leak....lol it has been that way for a while. i am going to put the heavy studs in it. i plan on doing an entire face lift on it soon now that i have time.

I need a new cylinder gasket, it leaks from the bottom of the cylinder, it used to leak alot, like actually drip. Now it barely leaks. I also need to change my valve seals. Where can i get cheap valve seals at? I'll probably not even use a base gasket, just seal it with silicon.

Bad Medicine
11-22-2006, 06:16 AM
Is Any Body Going to the Spill Way in Norco This Weekend? 11/26/06

CHEVYZ
11-22-2006, 06:35 AM
We are gonna be in LA Dunes. What do you ride?

Hey, you know Clyde? Saw it on your site. :macho

bayou boy
11-22-2006, 07:42 AM
LA Dunes this weekend also...getting close. bad medicine...you were at the spillway this past sunday? they had a trailer parked next to us with a truck tool box on it that had that logo. this is my quad....chevy sent ya a pm

CHEVYZ
11-22-2006, 08:01 AM
Sent!

Bad Medicine
11-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Yes, I was at the Spillway Last Sunday. We are Trying to Get some Bikes Together for this Sunday. The Weather Should Be Great. ChevyZ I Do Know Clyde him and My Dad are Best Friends. I Painted the Engine Compartment on His Red Mustang.

CHEVYZ
11-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I do. We live real close to his house. He and my Dad are friends. He works with him, too.

400eXr1d3rZ
11-22-2006, 02:34 PM
Timmy, is that a full system pipe? Are you done with that "rebuild" you were telling us about?

CHEVYS: Did you paint the frame on your 450r yet? If so, got any new pics?

bayou boy
11-22-2006, 02:53 PM
yes it is a full hmf sport system....i have done nothing else to it...i havent had time to ride it much less rebuild it in the last few months....now that i will be home for a while i am going to build a shop in the back yard working out of a shed has gotten old....once i get that built i am going to redo the whole quad.....and tommy's and build his son a blaster......geez i still dont have time for anything:mad: looky aint she sexy all done up and ready for la dunes....bad medicine yall should consider a trip to the dunes this weekend....the weather is going to be nice and a good turnout is expected:D

400eXr1d3rZ
11-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Are you gonna turn it into a full "universal" dragger?

bayou boy
11-22-2006, 03:05 PM
nawww full woods quad....that is my first love....dragging comes second. i just line her up as she is however the outcome really doesnt matter although it does surprise a few people...i will probably build a full drag quad this year also then i have all my bases covered

CHEVYZ
11-22-2006, 03:11 PM
We haven't had any time to do any more to it lately. I barely had time to do an engine swap for this weekend. It will look basically stock for LA Dunes with the old engine and whatnot. We may still keep it low just because we don't want to have to pick it back up after.

I here you on the full drag quad. The 05 will be built for sand, but only because we are gonna have a few more to play with. We like to do a little of everything.

Quad is looking good for the trip, Timmy.:D

Bad Medicine
11-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Bayou Boy, Where are the Dunes Located?

bayou boy
11-22-2006, 04:47 PM
forest hill La. when you get to lafayette take I 49 north toward alexandria...it is about 1 hour 15 min. from lafayette. takes me about 2.5 hrs from houma

400eXr1d3rZ
11-22-2006, 04:51 PM
forest hill La. when you get to lafayette take I 49 north toward alexandria...it is about 1 hour 15 min. from lafayette. takes me about 2.5 hrs from houma

Do you have any pics of LA Dunes?

bayou boy
11-22-2006, 04:55 PM
i have some on a disc somewhere let me dig

bayou boy
11-22-2006, 05:26 PM
found them....not too many though cuz most people dont have helmets. the quality is not good these are old pics taken before i had a digi cam

bayou boy
11-22-2006, 05:26 PM

bayou boy
11-22-2006, 05:27 PM

bayou boy
11-22-2006, 05:28 PM

bayou boy
11-22-2006, 05:30 PM
even found a few pics on the disc of my old 300ex at the dunes

bayou boy
11-22-2006, 05:32 PM
like i said cant post alot of them because of no helmets....last one...i wish i still had this quad i think my wife would prefer it over the blaster

400eXr1d3rZ
11-22-2006, 05:39 PM
If possible could you PM me more pics along with directions. Also what are the rules of that place?

CHEVYZ
11-22-2006, 06:19 PM
The 06 is ready for the trip. Got a bit more of paddle for it to try out.....10 paddles from the 05. Don't know how it will do, yet. :D

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/9789/goingdown085zl3.jpg

bayou boy
11-23-2006, 06:53 AM
look at it on the bright side......if it is too much and it chokes you always have the roosters;) ....i am bringing the turbos for back up so if it chokes i got u covered. i may try the zippers just to see what happens.

CHEVYZ
11-23-2006, 09:51 AM
Alright, cool. Thanks! I cannot wait. Argh, this waiting is killing me.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

400eXr1d3rZ
11-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!:D

kiesta00
11-23-2006, 10:34 AM
happy turkey day biatches

Mc. Muffin
11-23-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by kiesta00
happy turkey day biatches
LMAO!!!:D

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have a problem with my YFZ...
Yesterday I rode my YFZ and every time I try to accelerate fast my quad would bog down...
So today rejetted my YFZ and I still have the same problem:scary:

Any help?

Oh I put in a 45 pilot jet and a 168 main jet (White bros jets)

400eXr1d3rZ
11-23-2006, 03:11 PM
What's the stock jet size?

Mc. Muffin
11-23-2006, 03:27 PM
I don't know what the stock jetting is but I think I found the problem...

I was running 87 octane gas when I shouldve being running 93 octane... lol
I being trippin all day over that

CHEVYZ
11-23-2006, 03:33 PM
I was gonna bring the EX, too, if I could use my cousin's trailer. We just went and broke it down and two of the bolts (10mm valve cover/head bolts) snapped. I can't believe this!

400eXr1d3rZ
11-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
I was gonna bring the EX, too, if I could use my cousin's trailer. We just went and broke it down and two of the bolts (10mm valve cover/head bolts) snapped. I can't believe this!

Ahh, that sucks!!!

Mc. Muffin, I don't think running low octane gas would make your quad bog.

CHEVYS: how much are you asking for your rm250?

Mc. Muffin
11-23-2006, 03:49 PM

Mc. Muffin, I don't think running low octane gas would make your quad bog.

Emm... well WTF is it then LOL:p

bayou boy
11-23-2006, 04:48 PM
all loaded up and ready to go. should be out there for 1pm. although there is a slim chance i can leave earlier. i dont know how we used to do 3 quads and all the camping stuff with the truck bed and a 10' trailer. with the 16' and the truck bed it is still full.

CHEVYZ
11-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Took the 05 for a spin and it is OK for the trip. Even bone stock (basically) it has decent power.

400eXr1d3rZ, we are looking to get around a grand for it.

CHEVYZ
11-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Emm... well WTF is it then LOL:p .....cause it's a Yamaha!

JK

Can't really help you without working on it myself.

400eXr1d3rZ
11-23-2006, 05:21 PM
I...Hate...Polishing. I hate the smell of polish, I hate the feeling of sanding, I hate the sound of it. I hate it I hate it I hate it. But my exhaust is shiny again :blah:

Mc. Muffin
11-23-2006, 05:31 PM
I...Hate...Polishing. I hate the smell of polish, I hate the feeling of sanding, I hate the sound of it. I hate it I hate it I hate it. But my exhaust is shiny again :blah:
LOL

.....cause it's a Yamaha!

JK

Can't really help you without working on it myself.

OK Hondiponzy

LOL J/K

bayou boy
11-23-2006, 06:00 PM

shiny for now.....lol never ends....now that you have experience you can do my bumper, scoops and nerfs:D i am thinking about getting all that stuff p/c so i never have that problem again

400eXr1d3rZ
11-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Sure, if you supply me with sandy paper, polish, a buffer and electric sander :) I need more more sand paper! All I have is 600 grit 1000 grit and 1500 grit, also need a buffer, and electric sander to make everything easy.

bayou boy
11-23-2006, 06:05 PM
if i gotta buy all that i just as well get the wife to do it.....after all isnt it love honor and OBEY?

400eXr1d3rZ
11-23-2006, 06:07 PM
some pics i just took

http://www.imagebeaver.com/view.php?mode=gallery&g=100005

CHEVYZ
11-23-2006, 06:07 PM
LMFAO. :p

I here you on the polishing! That gets old quick. :ermm:

CHEVYZ
11-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Well, we came back last night. Had an awesome time.....definately was a fun ride! As usual forget to get some footage, though. The 10 paddles were a bit of overkill, but they worked OK. Forget to borrow the Turbos Saturday to check them out. It was definately nice being back after a year since our last trip.

Haha, we managed to foget most of the things as far as tools go, though. Ended up blowing out the tire on our truck on the way home with no tools to fix it. My phone fell out of the truck when I got out to look at it, and then we ran it over LOL. No more good, it can dial and recieve calls, but that is it. I need to get all of my numbers again. Anyway, we ended up having some fun with it messing with people because they were so scared to stop. Finally got some help from two of the biggest people I have ever seen in my life shoved into a tiny little Toyota (LMFAO). It is all good, though. Hope to do it again soon, Timmy. Hope you guys made/make it back OK.

bayou boy
11-26-2006, 02:20 PM
that must have sucked with no tools. we got home in time to watch the saints game. i did a lil more midnight dragging last nite...lol the ol 400 gained some more respect. we woke up this morning and packed up and rolled...was definitly alot more quiet last night cuz the drunks across had rolled out. we need to hit it again soon...:D

CHEVYZ
11-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Haha, the drunks....aggrivating as they were cracked us up. "**** wheat!" (LMAO)

It was great, though. I should have the EX for next time, or will definately have the 05 back picked up. It was pretty quick itself for just a piped bike. Just beat you to death, though. Haha, Ryan said that the truck felt like the 05 when we were limping around trying to make it to the nearest exit.

I still cannot believe he rode that 85 out there LOL. He only fell once, too, trying to play "catch" with Ashley and Adrienne. Was funny as hell.

Let us know when you guys are ready to hit it up again!

400eXr1d3rZ
12-02-2006, 09:05 AM
BUMP BUMP BUMP!!

I'm hitting the spillway sunday morning, anyone else?

CHEVYZ
12-02-2006, 01:26 PM
They need to do something about the Spillway. When they fix it up, then I will be back!

Oh.....2007 in da house. :cool:

bayou boy
12-02-2006, 02:25 PM
today and tomorrow the trailblazers will be collecting donations at the spillway....the reason area 1 is in such disrepair is because the trailblazers get a grant from the state every year.....well since katrina they have not received any grant money and they are basicly out of funds to rent equiptment etc. so the corps suggested that they do a fundraiser to raise money to make repairs to tie them over till they get the grant rolling again. i spoke with the one of the guys last week about using jerimiah's tractor to fix the drag area...that is in the works just has to go through the proper channels. hopefully it will all be done soon. oh yeah...i will have an '07 in the house soon....after the trip to the dunes she decided she wants my ex....lol it should rock with her 105# dripping wet self on it. just have to figure out which one i want. i am going to wait till the kawi comes out to see what it has to offer;)

CHEVYZ
12-02-2006, 02:58 PM
There you go! You decided on a 450 or otherwise yet? I was very interested in the Kawi knowing how they perform, but when the pics and info started rolling in I just wasn't impressed. I have a feeling it will perform nicely, but I just couldn't see myself on it.

I think that Ashley will be able to rip some people a new one. I can't wait to drop a few into the 07. We found out that we already have a number of parts for it. Basically, I just need the exhaust of choice and it will have the cam, exhaust, airfilter, etc. setup that I desire.

The 400EX is also coming along great. We found a ton of stuff wrong with it that should really waken it it....noticed that it had been slouching a bit for a while now. Come to find out my tensioner was bad, had two very loose studs, none to spec, of course the blown head gasket, the bike was very, very rich as the plug and internals indicated....the list goes on. It should be a whole other bike when we are finished. I can't wait to get back to ripping it up EX style.

I will see if we can help out with the Spillway also. It needs it, and I would like to see it happen. I just wish that some rules could be enforced regarding it. Maybe I should just sit around and beat the **** out of people messing it up LMAO.

Bad Medicine
12-02-2006, 03:51 PM
I Have to Work this Sunday. Maybe We Will See Ya Out there the Following Sunday? Where is the Drag Strip at in the Spill way. I looked on the Website and It Looks like its in Area one that is Closed or I'm Looking at the Map Wrong.

Yall Have a Good Time Sunday,
Kevin

400eXr1d3rZ
12-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Area 2 is amazing now! They finally made some jumps :blah:

I flipped over for the first time in a while today, tried to do a "rolling burnout" near the train tracks on the main road and I found out i need new brake pads or something because one tire locks and the other rolls, so I started moving and I got up to a bit of speed, then it started to turn and flipped on top of me, bars are bent and my leg hurts a bit (got twisted, thank god for boots). Nothing major, im going again tommorow.

bayou boy
12-02-2006, 06:32 PM
they have had jumps in area 2 a few times over the last few years but with all the traffic they get flattened out. the drag area is in area 1....when you get to the train bridge go right along the bridge almost all the way to the end....it is on the left. it is all rutted up and has mud holes all over it. i still am going to redo the 400 as i will be on it till i decide...i kind of like the looks of the kawi....just hope it will be a good quad i am going to wait until i see what it is about before i jump on one....lol i only want to do it once

kiesta00
12-02-2006, 06:49 PM
good luck wt those engine repairs on the 400, I just tore mine down to get it bored and ported...found out the damnn crank is bad so I gotta get another one....stroker time :devil: but that won't be for a while cuz I be broke around xmas time haha.

CHEVYZ
12-02-2006, 09:09 PM
My buddy has a 250r that he is building into a Sabertooth. He bought it supposedly "dragged" out, and although it is in a sense, the engine in it is totally trash from what I understand. It should be a good bike once he is done with it.

Gotta love the original Rs! Good luck with your build. I am sure it is/will be a damn fast bike.

CHEVYZ
12-02-2006, 09:12 PM
Oh, yeah. Timmy, those are heavy duty studs that I am running in the EX. Forgot to post up.

400eXr1d3rZ
12-02-2006, 09:48 PM
CHEVYS: Post some new pics of that 07 R.

CHEVYZ
12-03-2006, 07:28 AM
Alright. Just need to charge up some batteries.

bayou boy
12-03-2006, 07:43 AM
all i need to do to the engine on my 400 is freshen up the top end..i have alomost 2 years on this build....while it is down i am going to add the heavy studs..other from that new paint on the frame, new plastic and she is good to go...i thought about stroking mine but since she wants mine it is a great excuse to jump on a 450. the crank is not hard to change just takes a good part of a day. C&D does a pretty sweet port on a 400 for a good price pretty fast turn around time too.

400eXr1d3rZ
12-03-2006, 08:26 AM
I'm going to the spillway again today, gonna spend most my time in area 2. It's kind hard to ride with twisted bars, I wish I wouldn't have fallen, actually, I love flipping over, it's a scary experiance but it makes you know what not to do or what to do next time you're in that kind of situation, I just don't like hurting my quad, not too worried about my self. Anyway, anybody up for today?

Timmy, I saw your post about the drag-strip, there's another drag spot, it's pretty flat espesially in the middle, next time I see you out there i'll show you.

CHEVYZ
12-03-2006, 08:41 AM
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4157909

I have a bunch that I can post, but they are all blurry because my camera is a turd.

I love how the colors come together. Looks so much better than the other two.

400eXr1d3rZ
12-03-2006, 09:12 AM
holy ****! that's 100 times better than i thought it would look like! honda's pics of it SUCK! what are you future mods? full HRC?

Why did you get electric start?

CHEVYZ
12-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Yeah, and the pics just don't do it justice when it is all cleaned up and shiny. It is actually still dirty in the picture from when they sprayed it off and rode it to the truck.

I am gonna get a good exhaust for it. I am torn between Sparks, DASA, and HMF. Each have a quality I really like. For the cam I already have a Sparks cam I am gonna drop in. I will probably get a UNI filter/mod the stock skeleton...something along those lines. The filter is so huge you really don't need a K&N to flow. I am either gonna get the HRC harness, or do the green wire mod (same thing) and possibly add one of those Monster ignitions or something along those lines. Basically it is a bad arse rev box for little to no money. That is about it for now. It SHOULD be able to eat the 06 alive. If Hondas specs are correct, then it is also lighter as well.

It looks wicked as it is. I am probably just gonna change the bumper.

I got electric start because they don't offer any color options with the kicker. I believe that it is red only. I actually like the E-start just as much, so it isn't a big deal to me. If I have any regrets, all I have to do is take a peek in the shed LOL.

400eXr1d3rZ
12-03-2006, 09:51 AM
I can't get over it, the silver shocks really set it off, it looks great. How much did you get it for?

CHEVYZ
12-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Thanks. They let us get it for $6300 OTD with everything.

Good luck at the Spillway when you go. You had just replaced your bars, too, didn't you?

CHEVYZ
12-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Just threw on the IMS I had laying around to experiment. What do you think?

Stock:
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/1543/07450007lf6.jpg

IMS:
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/723/07450022xv7.jpg

I want to get an AC or something along those lines in the future, but I am still undecided.

And I dunno why the computer will not just load the picture up. Sometimes it does, sometimes it just sends a link.

bayou boy
12-03-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Bad Medicine
Bayou Boy:
Where is the Drag Area Located in the Spill Way?

look on the previous page

bayou boy
12-03-2006, 02:21 PM

Timmy, I saw your post about the drag-strip, there's another drag spot, it's pretty flat espesially in the middle, next time I see you out there i'll show you.

i know where the other place is but it is not very wide or long

400eXr1d3rZ
12-03-2006, 04:03 PM
I rode a 450r today, 2006 black with e-start! It was lean but other than that it had more torque than my 400! First gear is tall, the rest a quick. I had a friend of mine (inexperienced quad rider) bust his *** twice today. I love the woods, the jumps are great.

Yeah I had just replaced my bars, might buy a used pair of tags or something.

CHEVYZ
12-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Cool. What was done to it?

And I agree about first gear. Changes a bit after a cam.

CHEVYZ
12-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Well, the 400EX is back in action. We got it running today. It is very smooth and incredibly peppy, seems faster than ever just by the response. I haven't had a chance to really test it out yet being it is cold as hell, but so far it is doing well.

400eXr1d3rZ
12-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Cool. What was done to it?

And I agree about first gear. Changes a bit after a cam.

Completely stock other than MSR bars and oury grips.

He says he doesn't wanna go into the motor, period, unless he needs to replace something. He says he loves torque but wants a sparks pipe, I told him the best mods to get would be a slip-on, rejetting, filter and remove the lid.

CHEVYZ
12-03-2006, 06:50 PM
If he is gonna spend the money on a Sparks exhaust he might as well just use the money to have the dealership install the HRC kit. My buddy wants to do the same thing, though, and that is what I had told him. He bought the 07 about a week or so before me.

CHEVYZ
12-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Well, I got a chance to take a spin on the 400 and it is doing great! It feels faster than ever....I am loving it. Sooo snappy. In 5th gear I could still just barely bump the throttle and the front wheels would shoot towards the sky.

Only problem I am having seems to be related with the battery. It is having problems turning the engine over. It is the original battery with lots of time on it, so I think that is probably the culprit. Haha, even with the starter being weak it still fires right up first chance!

kiesta00
12-05-2006, 05:05 PM
good job on the fix...hope it rips all those 450s and raptors to shreds :p

CHEVYZ
12-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Haha, that is the plan.

Bad Medicine
12-06-2006, 04:15 PM
AnyBody Hitting up the Spill Way this Sunday?

bayou boy
12-06-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Bad Medicine
AnyBody Hitting up the Spill Way this Sunday?

its very possible

Bad Medicine
12-06-2006, 06:10 PM
its very possible

We Are Gonna Hit it Up Sometime in the Morning. Still Trying to Get Some More Bikes to Come.

bayou boy
12-06-2006, 06:14 PM
we usually get there about 10am give or take a little....sunday mornings are always good because there are not alot of people on the trails until after lunch. i will let you know for sure but more than likely i will be there

CHEVYZ
12-06-2006, 06:22 PM
I don't know if we will be going or not.

Hey, 400eXr1d3rZ, you were at the Spillway last Sunday, right? I had a buddy out there on a black 2006 450r with Yoshi exhaust out there. He was out there all day with his friend/s. Wondering if you saw him.

Bad Medicine
12-07-2006, 02:16 PM
we usually get there about 10am give or take a little....sunday mornings are always good because there are not alot of people on the trails until after lunch. i will let you know for sure but more than likely i will be there

Thats About the Time We Will Be Out there. See Ya Out There.

400eXr1d3rZ
12-08-2006, 05:44 PM
I don't know if we will be going or not.

Hey, 400eXr1d3rZ, you were at the Spillway last Sunday, right? I had a buddy out there on a black 2006 450r with Yoshi exhaust out there. He was out there all day with his friend/s. Wondering if you saw him.

I saw quite a few black r's he was probably one of them.

Mc. Muffin
12-08-2006, 06:43 PM
CHEVYZ- I'll trade you my '05 for ur '07 R?:D lol j/k

Update on my bro...
My bro just came home from the hospital yesterday and so far he is still the same... Paralyzed from the knee down but I think he is going to get full recovery... He also goes to therapy 5 days a week (Mon-Fri) 2 hours a day...

400eXr1d3rZ
12-08-2006, 06:49 PM
CHEVYZ- I'll trade you my '05 for ur '07 R?:D lol j/k

Update on my bro...
My bro just came home from the hospital yesterday and so far he is still the same... Paralyzed from the knee down but I think he is going to get full recovery... He also goes to therapy 5 days a week (Mon-Fri) 2 hours a day...

Hope he makes a full recovery.

bayou boy
12-09-2006, 06:39 AM
Hope he makes a full recovery.

that goes double for me

CHEVYZ
12-09-2006, 06:59 AM
that goes double for me Same here! Hope he makes a quick recovery in full!

Mc. Muffin
12-09-2006, 07:31 AM
Thanks guys...
Lets just hope for the best

Mc. Muffin
12-12-2006, 12:50 PM
I have a question for Louisiana riders!

Have you guys heard of a law the state is going to make where you have to be 18 to get your drivers licences? (Starting January 1, 2007)
I heard a couple of people saying that at my school and I'm concern!

I tried searching on Google and couldn't find anything :chinese:

400eXr1d3rZ
12-12-2006, 03:13 PM
It's 17.

Anyway, guess what I ordered today!

Mc. Muffin
12-12-2006, 05:35 PM
It's 17.

Anyway, guess what I ordered today!
Oh'

peps, Elka's? Fall our 2?:D Exhaust?

400eXr1d3rZ
12-12-2006, 05:38 PM
You'll see when i get it :blah:

It's not suspension though, oh how I wish it was! But I can't afford it.

400eXr1d3rZ
12-13-2006, 02:24 PM
I wanna ride. My friend is taking me and a few other people to Red Creek to camp, it's going to kick ***, if it's not wet.

CHEVYZ
12-13-2006, 02:42 PM
I tried sending you a PM, but your box is full. I sent an e-mail of the message.

CHEVYZ
12-18-2006, 04:54 AM
We went to the Spillway Sunday with some buddies. I was surprised to see a pretty big turnout of people with fast bikes. We found a little spot and did some racing. We only had the chance to race each other and some Suzukis....OMG those things are turds. It wasn't even funny, the 400EX really hurt his feelings....after just destroying him on the 450 we told him the EX would smoke him...needless to say we had to race after that, and I just fricken destroyed him. LMAO, he was complaining about the bumps with MX suspention, I am on a 400 with shocks a million times too hard running lowering shackles on a wheelie jumping around all over on takeoff. Everytime I would see someone I was after them LOL. I was blazing by MX 400EXs in the rough stuff trying to get to a race. It was nice, though. Wish some of you were there!

What ever happened to that Predator guy?

400eXr1d3rZ
12-18-2006, 03:42 PM
The guy on the preddy, ehh I forgot his name, he lives somewhat near me, I haven't seen him or talked to him a while though.

Today's my birthday! I'm pretty excited, we ordered a 263 peice craftsman tool set from Sears.com on Friday, hopefully my mom has it today.

Jap042782
12-18-2006, 05:00 PM
I'm still here just been busy

CHEVYZ
12-18-2006, 05:02 PM
WTF?....did you come out of the shadows LOL. I have been wondering where you went.

Mc. Muffin
12-18-2006, 05:25 PM
WTF:mad: NO ONE is wondering about me? lol:p j/k:macho

CHEVYZ- haha did you lose any races with ur 400?:p lol

Well I had to take my WB silencer off and put my stock silencer back on :scary: The dang mount just kept rattling from when I flipped it:chinese: I guess when you get big air you break stuff:blah:

Oh what ever happened to the guy from Hammond?

bayou boy
12-18-2006, 05:43 PM
i wish i would have went....i love running the suzuki quad chaser. i love how the guys out there always got excuses...its too rough or i wheelied.....gee last time i checked it was rough on my side too and i was doing a wheelie when i passed you...lol i usually say wanna switch sides and just go when ya ready. anyone up for la dunes new years weekend...a group of us are probably going for a 1 day ride the saturday....12/30. will be leaving the house about 5 AM and returning that night. will probably be my last ride before i tear it down. my clutch is starting to slip a little so now i have to do it....lol at least i got a year out of this clutch

CHEVYZ
12-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Yeah, we made our plans out officially tonight. Craig of CP Customs bought our RM250 a couple hours ago and there is a big turnout expected. He is bringing the Blaster and possibly a turbo YFZ to play around on. I cannot wait. Good to hear you may make a day out there.

Mc. Muffin, I don't understand why you had to take the pipe off and replace it with stock. What is damaged?

....And not often at the Spillway LOL. I lose on my 400... but most of the time it is a mixture of problems that hold me back. I am not too big on excuses for the most part, but results usually show that I am not BSing when I say there is a problem...race gas especially being a big influence on how it runs. If I do happen to lose on it, I will just break out another one of the bikes. I am sure that at least one of them could do some damage. :devil:

I just love being the underdog of any scenario. Nothing is quite as priceless as the look on someone's face after getting smoked by a bike they consider slow or lesser than their own...which is very common with them Suzuki boys LOL. The very funny part about the LTR rider is that afterwards he said that he could take us on the street. LMAO. I think Warriors could pass this guy up.

bayou boy
12-18-2006, 07:52 PM
i think when you buy an LTR you get a free ego to go with it....where did yall find a flat spot out there. did they start to grade the spillway....the guy in the club said it should start soon. i thought about going but watched the game instead.....after watching the game i should have went ride. so far for new years it is myself and 2 other friends. looks like guys weekend to ride the wife does not want to go for a day.

Mc. Muffin
12-18-2006, 08:06 PM

Mc. Muffin, I don't understand why you had to take the pipe off and replace it with stock. What is damaged?

One of the mounts is damage on the WB because I was jumping my YFZ and I landed wrong, causing me to flip the quad and somehow I tweaked one of the mounts on the WB... So the mount rattles every damn time I give the bike throttle:scary:
So I got tired of hearing the damn thing rattle so I put the stock silencer back on:chinese: lol

CHEVYZ
12-19-2006, 04:58 AM
From what I saw they had started doing some work, but it was on the far right side of the Spillway, looking from the first tracks. Actually, we were able to race in the spot where we were going to race about a week or so ago. Frequent drag racing in the area had made the two sides "ridably" smooth, so there was some drag racing going on.

Mc. Muffin, it should be an easy fix. Go fix the damn thing and give your bike some sound LOL. Agghh. I hate taking out the 07 sounding like a utility. I cannot wait to get that Rossier. Since we sold the bike we may order it like tonight or so. Best performing exhaust for the 06+ model 450rs out right now-dyno proven-and I found a deal on some for under $400 shipped brand new. :D

Mc. Muffin
12-19-2006, 03:08 PM

Mc. Muffin, it should be an easy fix. Go fix the damn thing and give your bike some sound LOL. Agghh. I hate taking out the 07 sounding like a utility. I cannot wait to get that Rossier. Since we sold the bike we may order it like tonight or so. Best performing exhaust for the 06+ model 450rs out right now-dyno proven-and I found a deal on some for under $400 shipped brand new. :D
Yeah, it's defiantly a easy fix for the WB...

Rossier is also going to be my next exhaust for my YFZ... They say the full system will give your your YFZ 7+ horses... Simply amazing amount of horses.

Rossier Info (http://www.rossiereng.com/yfz450_atv.html)

CHEVYZ
12-20-2006, 01:05 PM
Yeah, good results for sure. Here is a dyno test against the DASA, which up until this point showed to be the top dog.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=2591750

...and the thread can be viewed at:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=268964

bayou boy
12-20-2006, 05:26 PM
u put the hrc kit in the 07' yet?

CHEVYZ
12-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Nah, I am building my own kit, remember? Sparks cam, full exhaust, etc. I already have the componets, so it will $90 more than the HRC kit alone....good deal by me!

You still think you would want that 400EX my buddy down the street has? I could go talk to him if you would like and snap some pics.

bayou boy
12-20-2006, 06:11 PM
i may still want it. if you dont mid snap a few pics....my email...nevermind67@charter.net i am leaning toward the kawi 450 or maybe the outlaw 525 but want to wait till they are both out a while before i decide. i think i would still like that 400 for a hybrid project later though. (like i dont have enuff to do already) u gonna have the 07' set up for new years?

CHEVYZ
12-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Sounds like two good choices for top candidates! I will get you some pics. I am sure he would appreciate the interest!

I am trying to have it going for New Years. I need the exhaust, everything else I have, so when I get that I will be set. Breaking it in has been a PITA, though. It is so hard to get fuel through that stock engine, and then with all the rain and whatnot...yeah, it sucks.

Who is that with the 06? What does he got in it? I think that I could show him a thing or two anyways on ours. :D

bayou boy
12-20-2006, 06:38 PM
take it for a midnight run down the road to break her in....wot. lol we used to have midnight drags by jerimiah's house on the road. actually that was pretty fun we havent done it in about a year though. speaking of which...he has the 06' hotcam stg 2 sparks pipe and some new cdi. lol.....i hope he dont try to hide what he has cuz i owe him from sicily when he told the whole park what i was running:devil: i picked up a hayabusa cooler off of ebay. i am going to try to have it mounted up for the dunes. it is pretty big compared to the one on the ex. the dunes will be a good test to see if a bigger cooler helps.

CHEVYZ
12-21-2006, 04:28 AM
Well then, we are gonna have to see how good he can ride it LOL. I beat my friends bike with Yoshi exhaust, HRC cam, K&N airfilter, etc. on our 06. I would guess his is still a bit faster, but we will see.........

Yeah, though, we do some night riding over here, too, though. A couple nights ago we went out racing the 05 and 400EX all around the area. I was putting a wooping on that 05 LOL.

Good luck with the Hayabusa cooler. Sounds like it should work pretty well. Definately tell us how it is working out for you when we get out there.

Oh, and I am gonna tag some Hotcams stickers all over your buddies bike when we get out there along with a full list of mods tapped to his back. Payback's a b*tch.
:p

bayou boy
12-21-2006, 04:36 PM
he definitly can ride. i would prefer if you put some of those rainbow stickers on it....the ones like the gays put on their car. that would be funny...i could distract him while u do it. looks like rain till middle of next week

kiesta00
12-21-2006, 04:52 PM
So you guys getting a run together for new years?? Wish I could go, my engine's still apart and getting ported. waiting on parts :ermm: should be a little faster than stock lol...I'll probably have some 21" 8 paddle bead to bead haulers on the bike too. can't wait I haven't been riding since september...its killin me lol

bayou boy
12-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by kiesta00
So you guys getting a run together for new years?? Wish I could go, my engine's still apart and getting ported. waiting on parts :ermm: should be a little faster than stock lol...I'll probably have some 21" 8 paddle bead to bead haulers on the bike too. can't wait I haven't been riding since september...its killin me lol

better hurry up you missing the best riding season. I know how you feel on the september thing. when i was in brazil i had quad withdrawals. now that i am home it seems like all i want to do is buy crap for em.

400eXr1d3rZ
12-21-2006, 06:55 PM
My stuff got shipped out two days ago, Mr. Supplier says I should get them by Friday. Not saying who it might be because you might find out what I ordered :blah:

CHEVYZ
12-21-2006, 07:08 PM
he definitly can ride. i would prefer if you put some of those rainbow stickers on it....the ones like the gays put on their car. that would be funny...i could distract him while u do it. looks like rain till middle of next week LMAO....I can do that. That would be funny as hell.

I definately would like to see how his bike runs. It sounds like it should rip it up real nice. We will have to see how good he can outrun our bone stock bike *wink*.

I seriously doubt I will have it in time, but I would love to have the 07 out there. If I don't get it in time, I will probably pick up the 05 and cam it. It did pretty decent for a stock bike at the dunes. I am just looking for something that is fun to ride!

And yeah, the rain has been terrible. It has been raining for a day straight now with almost no let up. It just stopped, and the area is a lake haha.

400eXr1d3rZ
12-22-2006, 04:05 PM
I GOT MY PACKAGE!!! woohooo, pics will be up soon, im going to go put it on now :blah:

anyone let me borrow some antifreeze haha.

bayou boy
12-22-2006, 06:04 PM
u not bringing the ex? we have 6 quads going possibly more. we may camp the friday night and leave sat evening

400eXr1d3rZ
12-22-2006, 06:19 PM
im pissed, exhaust came with NO mounting hardware, none, no spacer, nothing. can't get the header on, can't get the stock exhaust flange out, my bolts i have now are too small. im extremely dissapointed.

bayou boy
12-22-2006, 06:47 PM
im pissed, exhaust came with NO mounting hardware, none, no spacer, nothing. can't get the header on, can't get the stock exhaust flange out, my bolts i have now are too small. im extremely dissapointed.

what u mean u cant get the stock xhaust flange off? u talking about the head pipe to silencer or at the head? to get the header on sometimes it is easier to disconnect the oil tank to give a lil room to get the header past the studs. what bolts are too small? the silencer bolts where it attaches to the subframe? go to lowes and look in the specialty bolt bin they have metric bolts there take the old one to match threads. my first pipe i had was a pro circuit slip on i got used on ebay...it didnt come with hardware. you can make a spacer out of a pipe that is a lil bigger just use a flat washer on the subframe and silencer between the peice of pipe or just stack washers...that and some new bolts from lowes and you are in buisness. relax sit back and look at it good then tackle it again. btw...shoulda got hmf and u wouldnt have that problem......j/k

CHEVYZ
12-22-2006, 06:53 PM
u not bringing the ex? we have 6 quads going possibly more. we may camp the friday night and leave sat evening It all depends on how things are going to work out. I would love to bring it and two 450s as well. I like to ride alot when I go out to places, and the EX has absolutely nothing as far as mods for cooling, so it heats up pretty quick! If Ryan doesn't come and we borrow his trailer again that would be enough room to easily fit all the quads, but I want him to come and I am sure we could work something out. I ordered exhaust Yesterday, so I seriously doubt it will be here, but it never hurts to hope! Fingers crossed for the 07!

CHEVYZ
12-22-2006, 06:54 PM
im pissed, exhaust came with NO mounting hardware, none, no spacer, nothing. can't get the header on, can't get the stock exhaust flange out, my bolts i have now are too small. im extremely dissapointed. What kind of exhaust did you get, and who did you order it from?

CHEVYZ
12-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Oh, and about the people coming, I have a bunch of maybes, but no one is really sure as it is. I have my buddy with the YFZ and TRX, he has a bunch of buddies that he usually brings, my cousin with the Raptor, Ryan, the list goes on. We will see who is ready to go!

400eXr1d3rZ
12-22-2006, 07:33 PM
What kind of exhaust did you get, and who did you order it from?

Sparks x6 big core ceramic coated, i ordered from C&D Racing.

CHEVYZ
12-22-2006, 07:53 PM
Ah, well at least you will be running good and looking clean when you get it together. I agree with what Timmy said to do. Just take a look at everthing, fix it in your head, and go from there. It seems like everything that I have tends to work out like that LOL.

400eXr1d3rZ
12-22-2006, 09:05 PM
I feel a bit better now, hopefully i can have all of this done tommorow. I just went and put the CDI on (Procom Magnum), took me a minute to figure it out haha. It looks like my headbolts are bent, because the holes don't match up on the header bracket thing. I wish I could get the pics up on here, I can't find my cord for the camera!

CHEVYZ
12-23-2006, 09:28 AM
Definately give us a ride report and some pics when you get a chance. I think that exhaust should make a big difference in the way your bike sounds and performs.

Argh...so long until LA Dunes. I am ready to ride out. I crave sand drags!

Oh and kinda OT, Timmy, you better find a way to make plans for the next Clash, too. I think that my buddies Sabertooth should be ready by that time....it has been progressing along nicely. That thing should put a hurting on some bikes!

bayou boy
12-23-2006, 09:36 AM
i am pretty sure i will be home for it this time. hopefully i will have the quad redone by that time. one more week till the dunes. hopefully no rain

CHEVYZ
12-23-2006, 10:39 AM
That would be awesome. Pretty much everyone's bikes should be finished for the most part by that time...I think that it would be alot of fun, too.

I also hope that it doesn't rain much for LA Dunes. It has been clearing up over here, though, I don't know if the rain will come back or not, I really don't keep track of the weather much. It is killing me to get out there. I want to ride so bad right now.

Mc. Muffin
12-23-2006, 02:52 PM
I also hope that it doesn't rain much for LA Dunes. It has been clearing up over here, though, I don't know if the rain will come back or not, I really don't keep track of the weather much. It is killing me to get out there. I want to ride so bad right now.
I hear ya on that one, I'm itching to ride...

I might be able to make it out to LA Dunes with you guys if I can talk my dad into bringing me...
Get those Hons ready:devil: Becuase your about to eat some yammi power :macho J/K:p

CHEVYZ
12-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Haha, that would be cool. Definately see if you could make it, it is well worth the trip.

Oh, and bring on that Yamaha. I will be sure to put the roost in the right direction....don't want to keep that Yamaha looking clean for long, now do we? :p JK LOL.:devil:

400eXr1d3rZ
12-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Timmy, I tried that thing you said to do, put a nut on the threads and lightly tap it, that didn't work. I'm about to take a hammer to it. Haha.

The diameter of the endcap on the sparks pipe is HUGE! It's the bigcore :blah:

bayou boy
12-23-2006, 08:30 PM
well i have to do the head gasket this week...i started it today and i could feel the air coming from it. i think i am going to gamble and put a heli coil in it. if its not ready i will ride the blaster i guess...no matter what i am going

CHEVYZ
12-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Aww man, that blows. If you cannot get it in time, I can find something for you to ride. Hell, if one of the dealers happens to have a stock gasket set, I have a stock cylinder that we could put on it. It may be a bit over ported, but it is better than nothing!

CHEVYZ
12-23-2006, 08:48 PM
Hey, I am gonna call around for you tomorrow. Craig may have one at the shop, or maybe that shop in Lafayette...Kelly could pick one up. I know that both places COULD get it if not, I just don't know how soon.

bayou boy
12-23-2006, 08:59 PM
i am hoping the honda shop is open tuesday..so i can get a gasket. if not maybe one of the shops in metarie will be open so i can have get i need. if so i can pull it down heli coil it and put it together. i noticed last time we were at the dunes it seemed a lil lazy then that sunday at the spillway it seemed lazy. still strong but not as strong. it has had a leak for a while but real small today i was preping it for next weekend and i looked at the leak it seemed bigger so when i revved it i could feel the air blowing..uh oh. now i gotta do it. it is an ez job just hope i can get the parts. i am off tuesday and friday so i have time. btw we are leaving friday at noon to head out there

CHEVYZ
12-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Alright, that is the same as us, though we will probably leave Friday morning just for the ride. When are ya'll coming back? Did you guys change plans at all? We are making it back Sunday.

Your EX did the same as mine. It seemed like it was becoming excessively lazier every time i rode it, the last couple times was just retarded. One day on start up I noticed smoke coming out the side of the bike LOL. The only problem I have been having with it is the battery-which appears to be gone at this point. I need another.

But yeah, I think that we can get her back going in time. It should be running strong once she is together again.

bayou boy
12-23-2006, 09:16 PM
we are coming back home sat evening. my battery is getting weak also...makes it hard to start with the aftermarket cdi. once it starts it is fine. once i get it changed it should be strong again..hope the ltr guy is there. i was beating him with a blown gasket...lol should be better with a fresh one. i have another 416 coming with us. carbon copy of my motor. should be fun

CHEVYZ
12-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Yeah, mine won't even turn the engine over sometimes unless I have been running it.

Who's bikes are those? Is that Tommy's bike?

And yeah, I want that LTR guy to come back for a little more. Man, I just love those Suzuki guys. Next time out I think I may poke a little fun with some of them. Race them and let them beat me horribly, then stop, tinker with the bike, and race them again for real. After I take the plastic off of their bike with my roost I can tell them that I changed powerbands! :devil:

bayou boy
12-24-2006, 10:21 AM
the other quad is jerimiah's old ex...he sold it to a friend and he is going. our local honda shop is closed till jan 2..they have one in morgan city which is about 1/2 hr away if not i will call garret. hopefully i can find 1

CHEVYZ
12-24-2006, 10:54 AM
Aww, that blows. Yeah, a search is definately in need right about now...do the honda shops around here stock gasket sets for it?

400eXr1d3rZ
12-24-2006, 12:11 PM
Do you need a base gasket? The bottom of the cylinder? It just so happens I have a extra cometic gasket im not going to use, im using high temp silicon to seal it.

CHEVYZ
12-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Unfortunately I am pretty sure he probably blew the head gasket...same as me.

bayou boy
12-24-2006, 12:25 PM
i need a head gasket....thanks anyway. usually the local shops have head gaskets in stock....lol prolly not this week though

400eXr1d3rZ
12-24-2006, 12:29 PM
On the back of the box it says Hon xr/trx400 1996-01 87mm .027'' MLS head gasket.

so I assume it's a head gasket.

Damnit, I can't even tell what gasket it is :blah:

bayou boy
12-24-2006, 12:34 PM
take a pic

400eXr1d3rZ
12-24-2006, 12:37 PM
take a pic

Alright, need to find camera cord.

bayou boy
12-24-2006, 12:41 PM
is it like a 3 layer metal gasket with lil rivets in it?

400eXr1d3rZ
12-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Yep.

400eXr1d3rZ
12-24-2006, 12:46 PM
it's the one on the left http://i17.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/7b/83/5e60_1_b.JPG

bayou boy
12-24-2006, 12:49 PM
:D :D :D :D thats the one....how much u want for it? i will try the place in morgan city first....they are alot closer. i will call them at 9 am tuesday if not i will head to nola....u live in metarie?

400eXr1d3rZ
12-24-2006, 12:52 PM
I live in river ridge, i opened the plastic a ltitle bit to get the valve seals out (i need them).

anyway, make a offer

bayou boy
12-24-2006, 12:55 PM
i will buy the whole kit if u like....i should change the xhaust gaskets too....what u paid for the kit? i bought my 400 from a guy in river ridge....is it the xr kit?

400eXr1d3rZ
12-24-2006, 12:58 PM
All I have is the head gasket, that's all it came with, that exhaust gasket, and valve seals (although I need them, so i'm keeping them) I paid 20 bucks from c&d racing.

CHEVYZ
12-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Ryan, where is River Ridge? River Ridge in Laplace?

400eXr1d3rZ
12-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Ryan, where is River Ridge? River Ridge in Laplace?

It's in between harahan and kenner. Kinda near the kenner airport.

bayou boy
12-24-2006, 01:02 PM
$10.00???

400eXr1d3rZ
12-24-2006, 01:03 PM
$10.00???

I was thinking about 15.00?

bayou boy
12-24-2006, 02:04 PM
i will let u know

bayou boy
12-25-2006, 07:09 AM
check ya pm box

400eXr1d3rZ
12-25-2006, 11:01 AM
i'll give you a call and see where i am at 6. merry christmas!

CHEVYZ
12-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone! Hope you guys have a good one!

bayou boy
12-25-2006, 07:31 PM
got a head gasket thanks to ryan...going to get on it first thing in the morning. ryan the guy i bought my 400 from lives right around the corner from u...that culvert bridge across the street from your house is the one i crossed when i went test ride it

400eXr1d3rZ
12-25-2006, 07:50 PM
No prob man.

What's the guys name? I migth know him.

bayou boy
12-25-2006, 08:39 PM
sean

400eXr1d3rZ
12-25-2006, 09:41 PM
I don't know him.

400eXr1d3rZ
12-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Some stupid dog took the rag out of the ports on my quad and chewed it to ****, it probably has water in the ports. Damn.

My buddy is coming over tommorow, hopefully we can fix this beloved peice of crap.

CHEVYZ
12-26-2006, 08:19 AM
got a head gasket thanks to ryan...going to get on it first thing in the morning. ryan the guy i bought my 400 from lives right around the corner from u...that culvert bridge across the street from your house is the one i crossed when i went test ride it Awesome. Good to hear you should be good to go. You don't need anything else, do you? Just making sure, that way I can make some calls in time.

I will probably pick up the 05 today just incase. It isn't anything for us to change a cam, but the damn suspention always takes me a while. I don't know why. Dee to the third power.

CHEVYZ
12-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Some stupid dog took the rag out of the ports on my quad and chewed it to ****, it probably has water in the ports. Damn.

My buddy is coming over tommorow, hopefully we can fix this beloved peice of crap. Aww man, that blows! Whose dog was it? Yours, or just some random dog?

CHEVYZ
12-26-2006, 08:30 AM
Anybody know of a good place to buy Haulers other than Rocky Mountain? They only have a limited type of paddles offered, unless maybe you can special order them, and I am looking for something in particular.

400eXr1d3rZ
12-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Aww man, that blows! Whose dog was it? Yours, or just some random dog?

It was mine, I checked it, there's no water in the ports, lucky.

CHEVYZ
12-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Oh, alright. Good to hear that nothing is wrong with it. Had any luck with the exhaust yet?

If it doesn't work out for you, I will trade you for my state of the art FMF exhaust LMAO. :p

400eXr1d3rZ
12-26-2006, 12:34 PM
hahaha, I got a friend coming over in a few minutes, he's a genius, he's in the process of rebuilding a 66 nova! supercharged 383 stroker!

Hopefully I can get this exhaust on today, I want to ride!

400eXr1d3rZ
12-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Anybody know of a good place to buy Haulers other than Rocky Mountain? They only have a limited type of paddles offered, unless maybe you can special order them, and I am looking for something in particular.

Did you try www.motosport.com or directly from skat-trak?

bayou boy
12-26-2006, 03:13 PM
all done:D ...was better than i thought. the bolts were still torqued not like tommy's meaning the studs are still good and tight. turned the key and she fired right up...even did some good burnouts in the yard. well i got the paddles and new hand grips on the only thing i didnt do is install my new anti vibe stem. they have a place in lafayette that stocks haulers. looks like a lil rain friday but partly cloudy sat.

CHEVYZ
12-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I checked out the weather...Friday may be a problem, but it looks good otherwise.

I am gonna search around here for tires, too. Maybe craig has some or that shop in Lafayette. It may be the one you are talking about.

bayou boy
12-26-2006, 03:33 PM
scott's atv...337-991-9108

CHEVYZ
12-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Alright, cool, thanks Timmy. I have bought from them before, that is where we get our C12 from. I met Scott at Sicily Island. I didn't know that they had Haulers, I am gonna give them a call tomorrow.

Fasteryfz
12-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Anyone have directions to the dunes and spillway from Slidell La?

bayou boy
12-26-2006, 05:53 PM
spillway from slidell...take I-10 west...go thru N.O. the first exit after loyola ave. in kenner will be boutte houma on I-310 take that exit. once you get on 310 about 4 miles you will see US 61. norco kenner. take that exit. once you get on the exit go right toward norco..about 8 miles....you will pass a refinery....shell norco. the spillway is right after it...get in the left lane and watch for a bridge...that is the spillway. do not cross the bridge, they have a center lane for turning....you will make a left at the foot of the bridge...will look like you are turning on the levee but when you cross you will see a road just follow it to the parking area...helmets are a must.

the dunes....hmmm prolly take I-12 to baton rouge then get on I-10 to lafayette....when you get to lafayette take I-49 north...roughly an hour you will see the forest hill exit....take this exit and go left....stay on this road about 15 min...it will dead end in a tee right after you cross some railroad tracks. take a left about 5 miles watch on the right for a sign....the dunes. at this sign take that right for about 2 miles there is another sign marking the entrance. we are heading to the dunes this weekend supposed to be a good turnout. come on out it will be fun.

CHEVYZ
12-27-2006, 03:10 PM
There is a very slim chance that I might get my exhaust in. Doubtly, but they have shipped it out and it is coming straight to me, so it is a possibility.

400eXr1d3rZ
12-27-2006, 03:19 PM
There is a very slim chance that I might get my exhaust in. Doubtly, but they have shipped it out and it is coming straight to me, so it is a possibility.

What exhaust did you order?

I tried to straighten the studs today, no luck, they don't move at all. My friend should be coming today, we might just take the studs out and go to honda and get new ones, my cousin works at Boyce Honda, I get discounts :macho . But damn, once we get this done, my quad will kick ***! Also, i have 750 dollars to spend on my quad, im thinking suspension and arms. Someone help!

Another question, does anyone have the dynojet, keihin jet conversion chart? I need it badly.

I wish I had about 2500, I would buy one of those Laeger or Houser + Elka packages.

CHEVYZ
12-27-2006, 03:28 PM
I don't have the chart off hand, I would have to look for it.

The exhaust I ordered is Rossier Engineering for the 07.