PDA

View Full Version : School Project- Ultimate XC quad

450RGNCC
10-30-2006, 10:25 PM
For school, we are supposed to create a fake business that builds fake bikes (in my case quads). Keep in mind, this bike is purely fantasy, but I will be using parts that you can buy in real life. I have decided to build the ultimate XC quad, and I have started off with using a KTM 525 XC engine, and I am not to sure on the frame, but probably a Laeger's or Lonestar 250R geometry frame. So, my question to everyone, is what do you think that the best parts would be for this quad? I need EVERY part, and I would like to use as much aftermarket as possible. What engine mods? What suspension? What cosmetics? No link frame? CR500 link frame? please give me as much input as possible, and remember this is a fantasy bike, so $ is no object. I also need to photoshop a quad to make it look like the fantasy one that I am "building", I really like the colors of the 250r in the pic below, so I will probably use that as a start, but if anyone else wants to photoshop a quad for me, you are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Scottt89
10-30-2006, 10:39 PM
You would have to invest in a Nice Set of Hipers, Razor2's or the ITP GNCC's. I'd go with the LRD pipe, or a Sparks. Maybe a 300 Big Bore. I usually just go with Maier plastics, ONE Graphics Kit. Got to have the Lager Swing Arm and Front End! Then some Custom Axis or Elka's. Baldwin Hubs, I'm sure you can think of something else!

450RGNCC
10-31-2006, 12:27 PM
bump, come on, I know there are more suggestions out there...

44oEX
10-31-2006, 12:48 PM
Motor:
KTM525, bored and stock to like 600cc, sick head porting, biggest webcam available, web spring kit, shorten valve guides, over size Titanium valves, 13:1 compression JE piston, Falicon crank, hinson complete clutch, Rekluse Z-start, full Rossier pipe, borded out carb, K&N filter with outerwear, polished everything, vortex ignition.

Frame, complete Walsh racing 250R geometry frame, Walsh LT front end, walsh LT swing arm. ELKA LT shocks all the way around, ELKA LT linkage, RPM axle, hipers on all 4 corners, hardcore hubs ( Or RPM there hubs are pretty sick looking ), sidewinder sprockets and chain, Tag bumper, blingstar propeg nerfs and grab bar, Flexx fast bars, Walsh steering post, WER steering stabilizer, razr2's on all 4's, full bore plastic, carbon fiber shock gards, carbon skid plates, carbon air box, carbon exhaust heat sheild.

hmmm, I think thats about it...wow it would be fun to have a unlimited budget lol :devil:

bwamos
10-31-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by 450RGNCC
For school, we are supposed to create a fake business that builds fake bikes (in my case quads).

Does this business have to be profitable? ;)

450RGNCC
10-31-2006, 09:20 PM
No, it does not have to be profitable, we are not going into the financial end of things, wer are just focusing mainly on the product.

redracing88
11-06-2006, 06:44 PM
i think i wet myself to the picture of that r lol

trx400exxracer
11-06-2006, 06:51 PM
all axis titanium piggyback resivoirs all long travel

HiPer wheels for sure with Kenda radials all around

HMF pipe, PRM Summit bumper, Fasst Flex bars

All ars-fx components suchs as linkage, swingarm, a-arms, stem

Quadtech seat, and hood and frame gaurds, Maier plastic

thats all i can think of now!!!

450RGNCC
11-06-2006, 09:53 PM
I actually reconsidered what I was going to build, and I ended up going with a Lonestar 450R frame, and Lonestar XC arms, Lonestar Outlaw swinger/ linkage, Lonestar steering stem, Axis piggyback Ti shocks, Lonestar axle, Hipers, Razr2s, Flexx bars, Maier plastics, Galfer wave rotors and brake lines, cycra handguards, Quad Tech seat, PRM bumpers and protection, and of course the KTM 525 engine. I still have to photoshop the picture though.

red2004 TRX450R
11-07-2006, 10:34 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135752