PDA

View Full Version : help jetting my banshee

ktmracer661
10-30-2006, 10:12 PM
ok this is what i have, its a 1998 yamah banshee that i had bord and stroked so it is now a 397cc, it has fmf fatty pipes, a prodesign coolhead, stock carbs with the tors removed, a cone kandn filter with no airbox, ported and polished, and some other minor work, but thats the major stuff. does anyone have a clue what around i should jet it at for 30-40 degree weather??

eastexasbanshee
10-30-2006, 10:45 PM
You need to ditch those stock carbs and get a good set of at least 34mm carbs, you will see a nice gain from the bigger carbs. I would recomend some 35mm keihens. Look on ebay, you can find some on there pretty cheap sometimes.

Dinner
10-31-2006, 06:55 PM
New carbs would be a good idea, because you will be probably running the stockers dry. And for helping with jetting, we also need your elevation.

ktmracer661
11-01-2006, 08:30 PM
does anyone have any bigger carbs forsale??

fast raptor
11-02-2006, 08:08 AM
I just put a stroker in my banshee, got the cylinders ported and shaved the head, it made a huge difference, but one of the other things that i did at home is bored out my carbs, so you can try doing that and see if you like it!

Banshee009
11-12-2006, 11:05 AM
ktmracer661

i got a '96 banshee, bored 0.80 over and a hell of a top end port job. still running the stock carbs, and, as with mine and yours is probably not the greatest setup. not everyone has the money to throw at their banshee's all at once. i run TrackTek 111 octane leaded race fuel, K&N filter with no box, 6 degrees advanced timing and t5 pipes. i run a 30 pilot jet and a 160 main. your probably gonna need a thicker main. with that build, you carbs are gonna have great signal strength, so it's going to pull that fuel thru. maybe start out with 200 and see what it does. read your plugs and listen to the motor. it will tell you what to do from there.

also, where is your needle clip setting?

good luck