PDA

View Full Version : 07 thumb throttle on 05 yfz

yfz450bk
10-30-2006, 07:51 PM
What do you guys think about putting the lighter 07 throttle on an 05. I would like to because the 05 throttle gets tiring after a few hard laps..i have to train my forearms so much..so i was wondering if any one has done this and if so what all needs to change?

jshtex
10-30-2006, 08:02 PM
I wasn't aware there was a difference in the throttle. But the problem is the spring in the FCR carb, not the thumb throttle itself. They may have changed that on the 07 but if they did I haven't heard anything about it, and changing the throttle assy. won't help that.

Search on the carb spring mod on any of the yfz sites and you should find some answers that will help. If you can't find anything hit me up on a pm and I will tell you what we did to fix ours. My son runs two hour xc races and it used to be a big problem.

motomanmike
11-01-2006, 07:48 AM
put a honda thumb throttle on it off a 400ex , the angle is much more comfortable, it puts it closer to the bar not way down off the bar and awkward like the yfz, you will have to splice the two wires for the "tors" system together and tuck them under the hood, or the yfz will not run if you don't. Honda throttle is a good upgrade

jshtex
11-01-2006, 08:02 AM
We have an ex throttle on our 04 yfz and it does put the thumb in a better position at WOT, but it doesn't really help with how hard it is to push. For that you have to alter the spring in the carb.

parkers30
11-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Doing BOTH is what really will completely remove the problem. I put the EX throttle on and still had problems, took it off and did the carb spring still had problems, Combine the two and you will be happy

redlineranger
11-01-2006, 07:05 PM
yea everyone usually does the 400ex throttle mod. say it does wonders for them.

but i left the stock throttle on mine. i promise you if you keep riding through the pain it will break that arm pump. it's the aggravatingest(is that a word:eek: ) throttle ever, but it'll deffinately rid you of any arm pump worry's. or it did for me anyways.

daddio
11-06-2006, 11:48 AM
The '04 - '07 throttle assy's are all the same part #.

Scro
11-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
it's the aggravatingest(is that a word:eek: )

It's a southern thing;)

redlineranger
11-06-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Scro
It's a southern thing;)

lol thats a big 10/4

440racer66
11-08-2006, 08:07 PM
i got the big fo hunny throttle on mine and the carb mod and i can flick it and it will go all the way you cant even tell its there

Samdogmx
11-10-2006, 04:12 AM
theres a guy on ebay that sells a smaller carb spring. thats what I have & makes a big differnce

YFZ450Ridr
11-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Samdogmx
theres a guy on ebay that sells a smaller carb spring. thats what I have & makes a big differnce

same here, but once i got the spring it didnt help as much as i thought so i got a brand new throttle cable and that was what helped the most. i keep it lubed real good now..