PDA

View Full Version : Jolly Roger

T-R-X
09-09-2002, 10:31 AM
Well this was a great weekend for racing, but the only complaint i had was how most of the jumps at Jolly were double lipped? they endo you over if you dont know what you doing. Also i wiped out my first moto, i was on the back strech where there are 3 table tops in a row- leading to the intimadator, =on the 2nd jump,(i do it all the time perfectly), the one with the steep landing, i nosed it goin 3rd mid(over clearned it to), and the bumper is totaled, i faceplanted hard and the quad flipped over my while i was on the ground,I was knocked out for a minute, i eventually woke up in the ambulence, and didnt know where i was, luckily i only have some minor bruses and scrapes, and a totaled shoie helmet, and fox chestprotector that saved my life. Any one going to the next southwick race? Ill be there.

Knight440
09-09-2002, 11:42 AM
Hey glad to hear you are ok, didn't see it i was down at the pit's at the time but the same thing happened to a guy at the last race up there! I bet your not the only one who dislikes that hill I saw a few guys have allmost the same problem......if you have a min ck out the post "Any NEATVMX"S out there?" Ill be posting pic's of the race in a few days there......

T-R-X
09-09-2002, 11:42 AM
Need new helmet

T-R-X
09-09-2002, 11:45 AM
All right, im goin there now, how did you do in your races? I raced the 2nd moto, but i purposly got last b/c i was advised by my parents to go realllll slow, i just did it so i would stay in top 2 in the points.

Knight440
09-09-2002, 12:28 PM
I was there to watch this time I hope to make southwick to race will see If not i start next season. I got a late start to riding this year, last fall i took a good digger basicly the same thing you did but i broke my shoulder up pretty good and didn't relize how out of shape i got sitting around all winter waiting for it to heal up. better to buy new helmat than new head I got my old one from the wreck as a reminder to make it all the way across the tabletop!

Sick0
09-09-2002, 02:05 PM
I know what you mean double liped. The table after the steep down hill jump was real bad. I seen alot riders almost face plant it. Most the jumps around here get like that so I didn't have any trouble with it. Also the stupid jump under the second bridge was pretty bad to. My only proble with jolly rodger is, They either have real steep landings on the jumps or no lands at all. I don't mind the steep lands on a few, But it would be alot more fun to fly of the these jumps and blow up from flat bottoming.

T-R-X
09-09-2002, 02:28 PM
i love steep landingsto just had a real off day..... i said to my self i cant catch 1st palce, and if i take it easy i cant be passed, but i went for it anyway, and just messed up.

Sick0
09-09-2002, 02:41 PM
I don't mind the steep landings that much but I never been there and I was not use to them. If I had been there before I would not mind at all. The harder the track the better I do any ways. But the only lands there are steep and most of the othere jumps have no landings. I still have stock shocks so its a real hard landing for me. Like the jump right after the first bridge, if that had a landing that would be a cool jump. They could make that into a 50ft tabletop and still be fun.

Live2Ride300
09-10-2002, 09:51 AM
Glad to hear your ok man. Do you have any pics of the jolly rogers track?

Knight440
09-10-2002, 11:01 AM
check this forum "Any NEATVMX"S out there?"latter tonight I should have some posted by then If your just looking to see some of it you can go to there web site http://www.jrmoto.com/

Sick0
09-10-2002, 03:51 PM
I'm going to a bunch of pics from the day to