PDA

View Full Version : It won't move!!

loons
10-30-2006, 07:11 PM
So my niece has a viper 90. My brother changed all the fluids in it, including tranny oil. We get out to the desert and it idles fine. When you give it gas it just shakes and won't move. I'm lost when it comes to the mini's. Where do I start? I'm gonna install a new clutch and pipe for it. Could it maybe be the clutch? Maybe the drive belt thing? IT breaks my heart to see my miece cry because she can't ride. I don't even know where to start and my brother doesn't have tons of cash, so any help on where to start would be appreciated.

Thanks guys and gals.

sadinkins
10-31-2006, 05:25 PM
the only fluid in them is the tranny fluid. what kind did he use and is this when the problem began? will it pull any at all,if not its probably the belt.

oldyeller
10-31-2006, 06:26 PM
Can you describe what it does?..Does the engine rev up?..Does the engine sound like its under load but the quad won't move?..What happens if you pick up the back end?

loons
10-31-2006, 07:17 PM
I believe he used what the manual called for. I believe 80w90.

The bike won't rev up. It does for a second and then acts like it is under an extreme load and shakes. When we picked up the rear the tires spun, but very slowly.

mxdad423
11-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Well first not that it is the cause of your problem but I would run the gear saver tranny oil in it my son races his Eton so it really get beat and I have never had tranny problems with the gear saver oil. Now as far as the power problem it could be in the clutches but it could also be in the carb, check you plug and see how it is burning , if it is jetted right it should burn a choclate brown color if that seems to be ok then I would go to the clutches dont be scared of the clutches they are fairly simple first I would check the belt to make sure it isn't wore if it seems ok I would go to the big spring on the rear pulley. If you want you can send me a private message with you phone number and I can walk you through taking apart the clutches like I said it is pretty simple. Good luck....

jojohead
11-19-2006, 05:45 PM
ok check you spark plug... and check all your lines make sure that tere are no leaks or clogs...... And also check you governer on the throttle. there is a screw. It will adjust the speed and when i got mine i had the same problem. the screw can be tight that its not getting enough rev. try them..

loons
12-14-2006, 06:00 PM
Does anyone have a site with some pics of how to teardown and reinstall the clutches on the eton viper 90's. My brother can't seem to figure out how to get to the clutch.

We checked all lines, put in a brand new spark plug, and made sure the governor wasn't tuned in. All of it checked out. He called me tonight and he says he can squeeze the belt together with his hands. I'm not sure, but I think he needs a new belt. He says when he gives it gas it doesn't seem like the clutch is engaging enough to even make the belt taught.

I'm not there to look at it, so I don't know what he is seeing. We both have a lot of mechanical knowledge, but this little mini is stumping us both. Any help would be appreciated.

markvette
12-14-2006, 06:16 PM
sounds like a roller or 2 have turned sideways , the rollers are in the variator. the variater is the front pully the belt goes around. take the nut off, you will need an impact wrench, take the outer variator half off, take the belt off. slide the inner variator half off it has 3 pieces, pull the inner part of the variator out . the rollers are in there. make sure they are all in the grooves they belong in and that they do not have flat spots on them. there should be 6 rollers.

Mark