PDA

View Full Version : Taking off C/K Chevrolet Pick-up molding

Hondaman90
10-30-2006, 05:01 PM
I have a 1999 Chevrolet C/K Pick-up and I was wanting to take the black side molding off. I bought the truck used and it didn't seem to have been in the sun to much. I buffed it and waxed it a while back. I would like to take the molding off and was wondering if any of ya'll knew of a way to do it without scratching or messing up the paint.

L.Vegas400
10-30-2006, 05:25 PM
my buddy just had his rocker panes rino-lined(02 chev) and the rino place wouldnt even do it, he had to have a body shop take them off because of the high risk of denting the door and such. the newer models have hard molding, not like the flexible stuff on the 88-98 models. i would ask a local body shop what they charge, i think it cost him aroud $105 to have it done.

Rastus
10-30-2006, 05:49 PM
I heard a hair blowdrier works well on the 98'- 88' models.

Check out www.fullsizechevy.com if you haven't already, lots of good info.

Bullitt
10-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Use a heat gun, get the trim good and warm, not hot. And it should lift right off. Then you could use your finger to roll off any excess adhesive off, and your done with that. Buy a clay bar and some good wax and give it a good cleaning/buffing and it should look great.

L.Vegas400
10-30-2006, 07:58 PM
if ya get it too hot you risk warping the metal, im tellin ya have a pro look at it, at least get advice from someone who does them everyday

bluebaron
10-30-2006, 10:15 PM
I was going to take it off on my tahoe, because it would look good but then I started to think of all the door dings it has saved me. I would really think twice if I were you, cuz there is a a lot of retarded people that don't think when they open their doors in parking lots.

just my 2 cents tho......