PDA

View Full Version : paintball

400sEXridr
10-30-2006, 04:43 PM
im looking to start using nitrogen once i get a new paintball gun and i was wondering whats the difference between 3000 psi and 4500 psi apart from the obvious but how do i know what i need for a specific gun. also has anyone had any experience with any version of the autococker

GearHeadz400ex
10-30-2006, 04:55 PM
The difference between them is basically the obvious, more air per square inch = more shots per tank fill. Basically a 4500 psi tank is going to get more shots than a 3000 psi tank. As for specifics, either of the tanks can be put on any gun. Also when looking at tanks you will be able to get an hp tank (high pressure, 800 psi goin into the gun) or an lp tank (low pressure, 400 psi going into the gun) This is where specifics comes into play. Some guns will need an lp tank, but for a gun that can run hp, you can still run lp on it.

As for autocockers, they are basically a thing of the past, if you are looking to play any kind of tourny ball, or any speedball in general, you will want something besides an autococker.

krt400ex
10-30-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by GearHeadz400ex

As for autocockers, they are basically a thing of the past, if you are looking to play any kind of tourny ball, or any speedball in general, you will want something besides an autococker.

i have an autococker :devil: ...ya anyway, he is right they r a thing of the past, get a semi auto....once u learn how to finger them right, u will shoot even faster than a auto....and they r more powerful

250xridamatt
10-30-2006, 05:05 PM
Im going to be getting a new compressed air tank for christmas this year, but Im going to have to get by with my anti-siphon Co2 tank until then. I just ordered a new Kingman Spyder VS2 and viewloader egg 2 hopper. This will be my first electro gun. Im pretty excited.

I read that not many guns use the low pressure tanks, and thats what a regulator is for. So just go with a high pressure tank if you have the choice.

GearHeadz400ex
10-30-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
Im going to be getting a new compressed air tank for christmas this year, but Im going to have to get by with my anti-siphon Co2 tank until then. I just ordered a new Kingman Spyder VS2 and viewloader egg 2 hopper. This will be my first electro gun. Im pretty excited.

I read that not many guns use the low pressure tanks, and thats what a regulator is for. So just go with a high pressure tank if you have the choice.
yep, your right, only guns I can think of off the top of my head that use lp are angels.

honda4life72
10-31-2006, 04:14 PM
my angel g7 could use hp..... and don't get a cocker it is hard to mantaina and slow if it is machanic

400sEXridr
11-01-2006, 05:25 AM
im not exactly worried if its the fastest gun in the world but how is it in terms of accuracy. I would probly be getting the electronic version so speed isnt a problem. what do you mean by hard to maintain. what other gun in the price range is more accurate and maybe faster? Not looking to spend more than 300

Rico400
11-01-2006, 09:50 AM
just get an ION like everyone else. they are a good entry level gun and they are like 300 bucks brand new.

but if you want something used i would check out pbnation.com you can get a stock matrix for like 400 bucks, sometimes less if you look hard.

but if you dont care about speed, the autococker is the most accurate gun on the market, but are slow.... But also you can add an eblade on it later and have a hella fast shooting cocker if you set it up right.

CaptainCanuck
11-01-2006, 10:44 AM
If you want an autococker, I have one for sale. It is very accurate.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200042882372&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:CA:31

400sEXridr
11-01-2006, 12:52 PM
what is an eblade and what is the difference between that and an electronic autococker

honda4life72
11-01-2006, 03:19 PM
icd promaster is your best bet would stay with my ego with a few mods

macg1
11-01-2006, 03:26 PM
doubt a promaster could keep up wit our egos

atvfrk10
11-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by honda4life72
my angel g7 could use hp..... and don't get a cocker it is hard to mantaina and slow if it is machanic

There not hard to maintain if you know what your doing. And yea there slow if you shoot it slow. :o

honda4life72
11-01-2006, 05:15 PM
you can not walk a stock mecchanic cocker...and i played for a amatur team and quit to start this sport( go honda) and my promaster could get out 22-25 bps..my ego would burn it but it wasa great back back up gun

atvfrk10
11-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Dude im kidding. I know you cant walk one, it takes to much force for one shot.

Byte
11-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Ask away about Autocockers. I ran air-powered.com for years before we closed shop.

~Byte~

honda4life72
11-01-2006, 06:35 PM
hey atvfrk10 can u post a pic of your quad i saw in your profile that you had blingstar nerfs and heel guards i would like to see that set up i am thinking of geting blingstar but would like to know how they hold up and look

atvfrk10
11-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Here are the only two pictures I have. I really dont like blingstar. What I got them (three months later) the right side didnt even fit right (spacer was two long heel guard didnt match up ect.) Those arnt the heel guards you would get either, those are the factor suzuki ones (got them cause they were out of the regular ones). And those huge pegs and heel guards are mud catchers. If and when I get new nerfs I plan on buying Rath's

400sEXridr
11-03-2006, 01:49 PM
ok ive decided im going to get an autococker should i get an electro or mechanical

250R-Dee
11-03-2006, 07:21 PM
I love it when the guys with NO EXPERIENCE with a particular marker talk crap about it. Cockers are actually pretty easy to maintain. They are very efficient and very accurate when you use the correct sized paint for your barrel.

I have ripped accurate strings of paint on people many times with my mechanical Dragunfly while they were ducking and dodging during their spray and pray tactics. And to make matters worse I will take the battery out of my E-MAG just to prove to the "gotta have Electro" crowd that a correctly used mech marker will perform just as well as 35million BPS spray gun.

Also many of the "know-it-alls" fail to realize that there are many electro-cockers out there that blaze paint like a crackhead in a cocaine production factory.

'05~'06 Black Magic - can be bought for $500 NEW and are devilish fast. It also does not have a backblock that moves.
PGI Osiris - Many makers copied technology from the this revolutionary marker.
PGI Firestorm No outward moving parts but not as effecient as a normal cocker.
E1-E2 Autcockers - before the price of big dawg pro markers hit basement level prices the E1-E2 were the markers to have.
Dragunfly Electro and Drallion - mimmick the cocker so closely they got sued!!

And there are more. I mention those because I have actually used them or own them.

Rule of thumb for shots for an HPA tank:

3000psi = 10 SHOTS PER ci.
47ci = 470 SHOTS
68ci = 680 SHOTS
88ci = 880 SHOTS
114ci = 1140 SHOTS

4500psi = 15 SHOTS PER ci.
68ci = 1020 SHOTS
88ci = 1320 SHOTS
114ci = 1720 SHOTS

5000psi = 17~10 shots per ci

If you really want to know about paintball products google Paintball review, paintball nation, paintball times, automags.org or just paintball forums. You will still encounter 12 year old paintball "pros" who swear by the latest magazine article that they misread but any paintball forum will be better than a ATV forum when asking specific quesions about setups.

EDIT: market suggestions-

Cheap mech -
Oddysey 03 Mech - low pressure mechanical autococker with delrin bolt, clamping feedneck, high flow valve and uses cocker barrels. Can be bought really cheap USED.

I am not suggesting the Dragunfly Mech because it is the first generation of the 03 mech and it uses Spyder barrels.

WGP Pro STock - you can get packages off of Ebay that come with a tank, hopper and barrel kit for less than $300... NEW!! PM me and I'll send you a link

Actually, jsut get on Ebay and do some research. You will find a lot of nice setups in the $300~$500 range!! If you have questions just send me a PM.

honda4life72
11-04-2006, 10:24 AM
your right i have no expereicne with cockers and your right they are really acurate but therer big and not as good as some guns. ...but it is all user preference..... i don't like em .you might ..i like egos and angels

250xridamatt
11-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Im leavin in 20 minutes to go play with my new VS2. Ill let you know what I think of it. If its as good as I've been hearing, I should be pretty happy. Plus I got it for less than $200.