PDA

View Full Version : Fox shocks

YFZ450 11x
10-30-2006, 04:18 PM
Anybody out there have the fox evols or the podium x? If so how do you like them? Im looking to get a set but Id like some info before I spend the money:D
Thanx

YFZ450 11x
10-31-2006, 03:00 PM
See thats the problem... no one has these things!!! They might be great but if no one knows any thing about them then how easy is it gunna be to service them. Ohh well:confused:

atva_63
10-31-2006, 03:44 PM
This is what I know about fox
You have to check psi everytime you ride it.
The back feel alot like a elka or axis.
6-8 week wait (I might be wrong)
if you ride hard everyday and want them to perform the best the front need to be serviced once a year, and the rear 1-2 months
As far as serviceing the back is no problem for most people
the front are a diferent story I don't know many who can service them but that could change
people buy them becouse they are used by many top riders.
When at a local level and a-class at a national level almost any good vavled suspension will great. If it is adjusted correctly
ther are said to be smooth and forgiving. I never rode on them but I have rode pep, axis and elka.

My elkas are for sale if you are still interested

Over-land 450r
11-01-2006, 07:30 PM
yeahhh you have no idea. sry. i kno guys that have them and never get them revalved after evere 2 months. Wow its not hard to check the PSI. its like the same with the tires. its a 2 week wait. there amazingly good shock and arnt too haed to setup. i have the fox float evols and the podium X. the directions tell you how to do every thing. and its easy.

coolguy8769
11-01-2006, 08:03 PM
i see 450r's and ltr's with them all the time, i never see YFZ'S with them!! i dont know why this is and this is why i'm heisitent. i am also looking for shocks and i think i am just gonna shell out the money and get pep big cans

pudamac12
11-01-2006, 08:08 PM
you should look into motowoz suspension. Most adjustable set of shocks i have owned and actually react to changes made in the compression and rebound adjustments. and each spring is independently adjustable making it able to go from one type of racing to the other

Over-land 450r
11-04-2006, 03:25 PM
yeah so are the evols and podium X. I just rememberdthat My friend has them on his bike and he raced nationals in A class with hermann a-arms and swinger.