PDA

View Full Version : Nerfs with Heel guards

Rip_Tear
10-30-2006, 03:45 PM
I want to get nerfs with heel guards, I see most people running the AC's but wondered who else makes them with Heel guards, if their even worth looking at. I need the heel guards due to how I ride...(leaning back into them all the time...)

I kind of like towards the ProArmor ones due to they have the peg replacement/longer teeth pieces.

Any suggestions?

Sjorge450R
10-31-2006, 04:37 AM
the new AC Blackline pro pegs are nice. I just got a set for my new R. The pegs are sharp and have a kick up which is fully replacable. Sure there expensive ($240 average) but they are worth it.

Other companys that make them are UM,Proarmor,Blingstart,and DG.

Gumby46
10-31-2006, 04:56 AM
Don't forget IMS (http://imsproducts.com/) they are expensive but very high quality.

DJJ450r
10-31-2006, 07:19 AM
if you lean back like have your foot rolled back on the footpeg I wouldn't get the AC ones with heelgaurds, I had those and you cant roll your foot back very far like you can on stock heelgaurds.

awsomeaussies
10-31-2006, 10:38 AM
^^^Hows does that black hold up? I've really been wanting to get a set of black nerfs and ditch the alloy ones, but been kinda leary on how long they'll actually look good.

Sjorge450R
10-31-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by awsomeaussies
^^^Hows does that black hold up? I've really been wanting to get a set of black nerfs and ditch the alloy ones, but been kinda leary on how long they'll actually look good.

they prop last about 5 min looking nice. Mine came to me all beat up. So I came up with this idea. Since i haggeled HB to give me the black at the same price as the silver(didnt have silver in stock) I am just going to keep them black until it gets really bad then just sand blast everything....lol

awsomeaussies
10-31-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
they prop last about 5 min looking nice. Mine came to me all beat up. So I came up with this idea. Since i haggeled HB to give me the black at the same price as the silver(didnt have silver in stock) I am just going to keep them black until it gets really bad then just sand blast everything....lol

Ok thanks! I think I'll stick to the ones I have. Unless... does anyone make chrome ones?

Rip_Tear
10-31-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the replies! I'm going to get prices on the UM and ProArmor, not sure about the AC yet though.

How are the mounts on both, like the UM kinda look werid, they don't show how they mount where the pegs are, any pics would be great! Thanks again!

Sjorge450R
10-31-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
Thanks for the replies! I'm going to get prices on the UM and ProArmor, not sure about the AC yet though.

How are the mounts on both, like the UM kinda look werid, they don't show how they mount where the pegs are, any pics would be great! Thanks again!

i'll get pics of how my AC's mounts if that helps?

Rip_Tear
10-31-2006, 06:36 PM
That'd help, I'll get a price on all 3 I think, and go with the best priced one, I think I'd claim them all likeable.

trx400exxracer
10-31-2006, 07:25 PM
I like my AC propegs alot i also like my friends pro armour nerfs and might give them a try sometime!!!:D

roundsy
11-03-2006, 03:11 PM
i have the DGs with heelguards, they are high quality and mounted up nice, they dont have the propeg but i am going to get the proarmour pro pegs that bolt up to the stock ones, if i was going to buy again id likely get proarmour nerfs with pegs and heels, they look tough

josh400EX05
11-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Just put the proarmor ones with heel guards and pro pegs and I LOVE THEM!!!! They grip your boot sooo well and mounting them up was a snap!!