PDA

View Full Version : Pro Design Cool Head

alex guedea
10-30-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm installating a new Pro Design Cool Head with a 21 cc dome. This is on a mostly stock '86 with not a lot of history about it but I've had a compression check and a leak down test and tech say's its in excellent condidtion. I don't remember the compression which I know is major. Since I'm replacing this myself I have a lot of concerns. I have new gaskets all around and chose the 21cc domes to continue to run pump gag. One question is whether going from a stock head to a cool head/21 cc dome would be such difference in compression that I need to be concerened with? Second, assuming the change in compression is within tolerances, would the 20 year old bottom end be suspect? It's a moot point if there is a large change in compression. Third, I have heard that after installation, leaks can be introduced. What can I do to minimize leaks? Last question, should I replace the the stock head with the Pro Design cool head? My ultimate goal is reliablity not so much performance. This machine is mainly for play racing, trail and dune riding, not a racer.

Thanks guys,

Hondo