View Full Version : anyone work in retail?

ny300exrider
10-30-2006, 02:21 PM
wondering if anyone on here has a job in retail? ive been working for a landscape company off the books for the past year or two but work is slowing down and its beginning to become unsteady so i went and got a job at the local nike outlet store working in the back doing stock. its my first real store job and im starting next week. wondering if anyone else does something similar and how they like it. im sure it will be alittle rough at first, especially being the newbie and all but im hoping i can go with the flow and get used to it. the pay is pretty good for just starting so it should definitly be nice getting a scheduled paycheck instead of working a saturday or two a month.

Quad18star
10-30-2006, 05:35 PM
I worked in retail for about 4 years . I loved it , cause I enjoyed the job I was doing ( working in the snowmobile and atv parts business) . I went from part-time sales to full-time management in less than 4 years and worked for a great company.

I got to meet a LOT of awesome people and made some industry connections through retail. In fact , just last week I was offered 2 positions with 2 different dealerships ... one with a Yamaha dealership and another with a Ski-Doo/Can-Am dealership ...I turned them down for the time being , but I have a job at either one whenever I want it . A couple months ago I was offered a job at a local Honda/Polaris/Harley Davidson dealership . Same with them ... I turned it down for now , but it's there whenever I want it . Plus I got/get to hear and see a lot of new machines before they even hit the showroom floor and go to dealer conventions to see what new parts are comming out .... all connections made from the retail business .

Other perks I had ..... free sample products ( jackets, hats, boots , clothing , parts) , free snowcross tickets , free motocross tickets, expense paid trips to conventions out of town ( hotel, travel, meals, tours, etc) , benefits package, and a lot more.

I worked with a great bunch of people , I enjoyed going to work every day , I enjoyed being indoors when it was -40 outside . LOL :p

Tasks seem repetitive, but it all becomes a routine after a little while .

TANNER250r
10-30-2006, 06:02 PM
yea i work at hardware hank i like it a lot it is easy to do & i don't have to ask if you want fries with that:p