PDA

View Full Version : 450r and 450x

Martin Blair
10-30-2006, 01:01 PM
Does anyone know if parts from the crf450r and x are interchangable? The aftermarket for the X is not very strong, but If i were to buy a exhaust system for the R, does anyone know if it will fit on the X?

10-30-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm not sure, but I think they would. go to www.thumpertalk.com and ask.

700bRad
10-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
I'm not sure, but I think they would. go to www.thumpertalk.com and ask.

Yes go if you dare, but dont step in the bull sh**....

zeppelin
10-30-2006, 02:08 PM
it will fit, they have the same frame, exept for a few extra battery mounts and stuff on the X.

440bigborekit
10-30-2006, 04:59 PM
here are the differences i know

-e start
-bigger right case to support starter
-diff cam
-diff porting
-heavier flywheel
-different rear rim and tire
-lights
-battery
-stator-
-wide ratio trans
-clamps

thats preaty much what i can think of all the exhaust, plastics, tank most things from the r will fit hope i helped

-brian

Martin Blair
10-30-2006, 08:10 PM
yeah, I am up in the air between the two, coming from a xr400, Im leaning towards the X since it will be off road riding, not motocross, anyone know if the diff cam and porting make that big of a difference in performance. I can save 600 and buy the R, but i would need to add a lighting coil for the dunes.

Is thier really a noticable difference in gear rations? or would a sprocket change get the same result?

440bigborekit
10-31-2006, 04:10 AM
its gonna not just come down to the cam and porting its the trannys the r has a close ratio and the x has a wide ratio the r will always pack more punch and out pull the x i say go for a used r there not much an sure of hell a nice bike imo i have had a few 250s crf250rs and my dad had the crf250x and it just was totally different mine still out pulled it and that that 13/52 gearing and my r hs 13/48 gearing.

Martin Blair
10-31-2006, 10:27 AM
Thats the debate I am having, It is not going to be a MX bike, it will be ridden off road, but I dont want the E-start and I dont see the point in spending more money for someting Im going to take off, unless the tranny is really that much better for off road riding

krt400ex
10-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Martin Blair
yeah, I am up in the air between the two, coming from a xr400, Im leaning towards the X since it will be off road riding, not motocross, anyone know if the diff cam and porting make that big of a difference in performance. I can save 600 and buy the R, but i would need to add a lighting coil for the dunes.

Is thier really a noticable difference in gear rations? or would a sprocket change get the same result?

for the dunes the R would be better....because of the laid back cam, and wiider gear ratios the X is a bit more of a slouch in the sand...it is not as snappy. the crf is more snappy, and in the long run u will save more money by buying that and getting the lighting coil...JMO

440bigborekit
10-31-2006, 12:39 PM
get the r and put the lighting coil i rode a crf450x today and was very disapointed with the power deff. get the r you wont be disapointed they completly rip.

the x felt like a trx450 quad and no effence to you quad guy i love quads but they have no balls ( stock form) mabie its from riding bikes so much of my life.

Martin Blair
10-31-2006, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean, with the 450r, its great but I like mine with the built motor much better then stock.

Im going to check them out this weekend, thanks for all the input