PDA

View Full Version : Got my s/o!!!

2k2GT
10-30-2006, 12:28 PM
So my HMF sport series slip on just showed up. I can't wait to get home and put it on!!! Came with a spark arrestor and jets. Would you guys bump the main one or two? I guess I can just use trial and error....

:cool:

wolffie
10-30-2006, 03:47 PM
probably just 1. the preds are fairly rich from the factory. you may have to mess with the fuel screw just a tad bit as well. i believe turnin it out a half to one turn.

you will love the power you get! very good for just a slip on. however, if you didnt already i would get a better intake along with the slip on.

go to www.nicholascycle.com and get there kit for $115, or get the Rath foam filter for $90 on www.rathracing.com

if you are on a budget and dont mind screwing with jetting, go to either www.rockymountainatv.com or www.denniskirk.com and get a universal clamp on filter. i might have one for sale new if you are interested. i got to check whats in my garage, lol!

kc8pnd
10-30-2006, 08:28 PM
I love my slip-on. Its really sweet when you let the quad idle, and about 4 feet back you can hear the air clapping. Really loud, good power gain, great look.

2k2GT
10-31-2006, 07:41 AM
Cool, I'm ready to hear it so bad. I have to wait until the weekend to put it on though...

Did you guys use the spark arrestor?

My plan is to buy a intake kit next, then some nerf bars. By then I will probably need new tires though.

katch26
10-31-2006, 07:58 AM
Ive got the balance series so my spark arrestor is just a screen that you screw in, not sure about yours. I ran it cause like I said theres not really much to mine.

The HMF are badass! Stand about 4-5 feet back and the you can see the exhaust just beating on your chest, a guy I go riding with had the pure polaris pipe and he was commented on how it was beating on him.

2k2GT
10-31-2006, 08:02 AM
My spark arrestor is just a little screen too, I didnt think it would make much difference like you said. I was looking at the Pure polaris pipe but I didnt like the way it was setup.

Is the head pipe worth getting too??

katch26
10-31-2006, 09:55 AM
and its got no balls (soundwise), I dont know how they perform

edit: Im not trying to bump the block but a nice throaty roar never hurt anyone

rooster300ex
10-31-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by katch26
Ive got the balance series so my spark arrestor is just a screen that you screw in, not sure about yours. I ran it cause like I said theres not really much to mine.

The HMF are badass! Stand about 4-5 feet back and the you can see the exhaust just beating on your chest, a guy I go riding with had the pure polaris pipe and he was commented on how it was beating on him.

My cobra does that. Thats what makes me say sometimes cobra isn't that bad. Its free flowing too. Just cheaply made. And not much back pressure.

kc8pnd
10-31-2006, 12:35 PM
I jetted my quad to the HMF without the spark arrestor. One day I seen a park ranger drive up the road so I put it in real quick just to see what it would do. It took the loudness out of it, seemed it took a little power as well, I pulled that SOB back out. anther thing I noticed is when you first install it, it might sound loud at first, but put some hours on it, it gets louder. I was sitting in my driveway and you could see little pieces of fiberglass floating in the sun. They say the pipe adds more power, i have the stock ceramic coated header.

2k2GT
11-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by kc8pnd
I jetted my quad to the HMF without the spark arrestor. One day I seen a park ranger drive up the road so I put it in real quick just to see what it would do. It took the loudness out of it, seemed it took a little power as well, I pulled that SOB back out. anther thing I noticed is when you first install it, it might sound loud at first, but put some hours on it, it gets louder. I was sitting in my driveway and you could see little pieces of fiberglass floating in the sun. They say the pipe adds more power, i have the stock ceramic coated header.

So I put my pipe on last night and wow!!! This thing is way louder than I expected. It sounds crazy!! I could notice the power increase right away too. I don't even want to put the spark arrestor in....

kc8pnd
11-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Wait till you hit the rev with that pipe on, it almost scares me....:p

wolffie
11-02-2006, 04:06 PM
www.krankitracing.com my buddy got the krank it cannon , and at idle it sounds almost stock, but when you revv that thing i personally feel it is louder than the HMF!