PDA

View Full Version : The Official "WOODS RACERS" Thread

trict_out
10-30-2006, 11:27 AM
So...being on the sideline most of my race this saturday I got a good chance to watch a coupe of good riders. Todd Demaree a GNCC pro competitor and Nathan Wallpe who races B class GNCC's. Both real badass's. I ask myself what seperates the men from the boys in the woods? I just cant grasp how someone can be SOOO much faster than me on the same quad in slick, muddy, TIGHT terrain. They just seem to mash into off cambers so much harder than the norm, and their susp. soaks it up. Also they seem to be in amazing shape. What are your opinions. What makes people that much faster in the woods???

red2004 TRX450R
10-30-2006, 11:41 AM
Mind over matter, if you don't have a mind it don't matter!

I have know idea, but you have lots on endurance and good suspension.

gbcap
10-30-2006, 01:37 PM
good suspension and tires is a key ingredient. taking the bumps and keeping the tires on the ground for traction is where its at.

the off cambers is about talent. getting the quad in the right place to carry the most speed. most riders just use the lower berm to ride out an off camber...in some cases that is the fastest but not most of the time. plus it wears you out faster cause you have to steer against the pressure of the tire rubbing off the berm. before you get into the turnput your front tires as high into the otp of the turn as possible. gas the bike to get the rear tires to slide a lil downhill so your powersliding thru the turn. keep your weight uphill and mash the throttle. should pull right out of it and won't beat you up as much.

the next ingredient is BALLS. the willingness to put it all on the line to go faster. can't be afraid of what Might happen.

a fast rider is a smart rider. make the smart line choices. ride smooth and you will be faster then just flat out hammering allll the time.

XCAdam89
10-30-2006, 01:56 PM
XC racing IMO is great! I'm starting in the spring with VXCS and a few GNCC's on my 300ex. :)

700bRad
10-30-2006, 01:56 PM
In the woods you gotta keep your head up and your eyes ahead, make the right decisions of what line to choose, you gotta make your decisions fast and be confident. Push the bike to its limits. I have pushed myself to hard a couple times and its scary when that front end rakes into a turn, but overall you just gotta have confidence and be smooth with your riding style.

firefighterjosh
10-30-2006, 08:24 PM
I have just started trying some new things. Looking forward down the trail and not at the trees. Slowing down and picking the best line through the mud. Still trying to figure out how to start this dang 400 fast.

I have gotten faster but I still have alot to learn.

Mxjunkie
10-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Allways remeber to look for new lines even if there is good ones, if theres a wreck or a someones stuck you can pass em quick