PDA

View Full Version : Steering Damper

yernkie
10-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Looking into getting a Denton steering damper. Anyone tried one? Thoughts?

firefighterjosh
10-29-2006, 08:57 PM
I have a Muscle. I belive it is the same thing. Its my first one and I love it.:D

svahle
10-30-2006, 08:28 AM
I have one and I think it is great. I have never tried any others so I can't compare function and quality. But, my has had no troubles.

Colby@C&DRacing
10-30-2006, 08:32 AM
I have used the stick style dampner for many years, they work well for the price but I won't lie once you try a precision or a puck style dampner there isn't a comparison. But like I said for the money the stick style works well.

bwamos
10-30-2006, 09:00 AM
Been running a Denton Rebuildable for about 6 years. Great stick damper.

Not as good as a $400+ precision.. but it's not $400 either. ;)

A million times better than no damper. ;)

SwainRacing
10-30-2006, 11:27 AM
What ever you do buy a rebuidable one. I ran the Denton non rebuidable one and it only lasted one year. I now run the Denton rebuildable one and it works great. Just like everyone else said it is not as good as the high dollar ones but it makes a world of difference!

GoOn3
10-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by SwainRacing
What ever you do buy a rebuidable one. I ran the Denton non rebuidable one and it only lasted one year. I now run the Denton rebuildable one and it works great. Just like everyone else said it is not as good as the high dollar ones but it makes a world of difference!

Agree with above - but my Denton rebuildable lasted about a year and I had to have it rebuilt. Rebuilds aren't cheap, but cheaper than buying a new one.
I also have a PEP and it's lasted 3 years so far no problems (Denton is on my wifes and she doesn't ride near as much).

coolguy8769
10-30-2006, 11:47 AM
I have seen several quads run dual stick dampners. WIll this help with the life of the dampner its selve in between rebuilds? I am also buying one soon and am wondering if i should go ahead and buy two...

bwamos
10-30-2006, 01:39 PM
Probably set up for dual rate.

1 stick when straight is in neutral position, so it's set for the outer limits.. whereas the other stick is set in the 90deg position so you get maximuum effect at center.

Set one stiffer.. and one lighter so you get a dual dampening effect in 2 different movement ranges. Similar to what the high dollar ones do.

Of course with the money to buy 2 rebuildables.. you may as well buy the precision.. lol.

SwainRacing
10-30-2006, 02:20 PM
Agree with above - but my Denton rebuildable lasted about a year and I had to have it rebuilt. Rebuilds aren't cheap, but cheaper than buying a new one.

Rebuild kits for the denton are only like $25 bucks? I dont think that is expensive. Unless you pay some one to rebuild it then yes they could get expensive I am sure. They arent hard to do.

Colby@C&DRacing
10-30-2006, 02:33 PM
The rebuild kit with fluid is $17.50

04TRX400EX
11-02-2006, 10:00 PM
I had the same question. I was comparing the Denton rebuildable to the SRP Muscle stabilizer. They look almost identicle. Anyone know of any differences? I have never ridden a quad with a stabilizer (I don't think anyways :confused: ) but I hear they make a world of difference. I hope to be receiving one for Christmas :)

Colby@C&DRacing
11-03-2006, 08:17 AM
the dampners are all the same just each company makes their own brackets.