PDA

View Full Version : Where to find.......

Jared Coderre
10-29-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi Guys,

I looked at the advertisers page here and can't seem to find what I am looking for. I have a 02 400EX. I would like to get a Exhaust system, Airfilter, jets, and possibly cams and possibly rev limiter or ignition in one complete kit. Some thing that is known to work and work well.

I looked at all of your pictures and Bio's man, you all have some radical stuff!

They have these types of kits for Harley's.

If there is no such kit can somebody get me started? At minimum I would like a good exhaust, jetting kit (or individual jets), and good air filter. If you thinks cams are uneccesary no problem.

I will primarily be riding in trails 80% and 20% in sand pits.

Thanks and my apologies if this has been asked a million times.

rooster_20
10-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Although the kits are not that extensive. Im sure that they have what you are looking for, and would be able to combine a few things to make your desired package.

Jared Coderre
10-29-2006, 07:58 PM
Who would you suggest?

pnut420
10-29-2006, 08:02 PM
If you dont mind a fairly loud exhaust then the sparks is a great pipe. They have a quiet insert for it finally but Ive never heard one with it in yet. Hmf has really good pipes and you can just get a slip on and save about $250 vs a full system with headpipe and all. The velocity air filter seems pretty nice. Im not for sure if the velocity is a little thicker than a K and N but it seems like a good filter. A stage 1 hotcam would work pretty good also. For a rev limiter on ebay you can get a dyna for the 400ex for a descent price. Call C and D racing and they can hook you up with most the stuff you need like jets, exhaust, cam, etc... they are alot of help if you dont know much and will take their time explaining everything...

Jared Coderre
10-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Thanks Pnut.

Anyone else ?

Mechanixx
10-29-2006, 08:15 PM
You can pick a HMF slip-on off ebay for 227.00 with the jets and a UNI airfiter that be a good start.A stage 1 hot cam off ebay around 125.00.I really like my HMF its loud but makes a huge difference :devil: