View Full Version : Steelers

suck my pipe
10-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Dose any one else feel the hate towards big ben right now? i wish they would just tell him to sit down. Hes makin pittsburgh look stupid with his chity throwing.

quads14589
10-29-2006, 04:30 PM
idc screw the steelers and go pats.

MOFO
10-29-2006, 04:42 PM
I agree and do not think he is 100% from the last game... however it appears he may have snapped out of his "funk"... We'll see!

mxdad
10-29-2006, 05:01 PM
nope...he's still pretty funky ;)

Pittsburgh 13
Oakland 20 F

quads14589
10-29-2006, 05:09 PM
hahhahaha wut about them browns to.

PolarisRider
10-29-2006, 06:00 PM
I was highly disapointed. It's Oakland for God's sake:ermm:

cdrookie
10-29-2006, 06:04 PM
we need a new coach and trade ben. usually only get 1 good year per QB(at least thats how it seems) so his time is up! the seasons done so lets get ready for next season NOW!!!

Jblazin98
10-29-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by cdrookie
we need a new coach and trade ben. usually only get 1 good year per QB(at least thats how it seems) so his time is up! the seasons done so lets get ready for next season NOW!!!

Boy that has to be one of the most bonehead comments ive read today..I am a die hard fan and i couldnt disagree more..

Ben has been hurt just about all year. With the crash before training camp and everything else that as happened this year you cant blame it on just him or Cower.

Plus Cower is a hall of fame coach and you just wanna throw him under the bus after this season, but it might be his last anyways (retirement).

but look at it this way...High draft pick this year

cdrookie
10-30-2006, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by Jblazin98
Boy that has to be one of the most bonehead comments ive read today..I am a die hard fan and i couldnt disagree more..

Ben has been hurt just about all year. With the crash before training camp and everything else that as happened this year you cant blame it on just him or Cower.

Plus Cower is a hall of fame coach and you just wanna throw him under the bus after this season, but it might be his last anyways (retirement).

but look at it this way...High draft pick this year

ok you can sit around in denial all season, hoping they'll turn it around, or snap into reality and see that cowher "retirement" is putting a big burden on the team. bettis really screw that up, should've kept his mouth shut. if bens hurting why the he!! is he playing??????????? batch has been looking good when he's been in, so let him play!!! they're play calling has been pretty predictable, holmes is good for, at least, 1 fumbled punt return a game. why do they need a "3rd down back"? if parker is good enough for 1+2nd down, why not third? they need to utilize thier tight ends and Davenport more, the defense needs to put more pressure on the QBs, the DBs need to get up on the recievers and use the 5 yard bump rule instead of playing 15 yards off them, Reed needs to go, he's cost them more than 1 game.

i've been a steeler fan longer than you've been alive, i bet. seen alot of QB, remember bradshaws later years, malone, bubby, neil o, miller, kordell, tomczak, maddox, and a few more i can't think of off the top of my head. seems like everyone(except bradshaw,miller) has had a good year or 2 then they suck! why?????????

wishmasstir
10-30-2006, 06:43 AM
[i]seems like everyone(except bradshaw,miller) has had a good year or 2 then they suck! why????????? [/B]

every pittsburgh fan blams the entire game on the qb no matter what happens it seems. didn't the fans boo the crap out of bradshaw his final game??? as least we have the penguins this year:devil:

MOFO
10-30-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by cdrookie
ok you can sit around in denial all season, hoping they'll turn it around, or snap into reality and see that cowher "retirement" is putting a big burden on the team. bettis really screw that up, should've kept his mouth shut. if bens hurting why the he!! is he playing??????????? batch has been looking good when he's been in, so let him play!!! they're play calling has been pretty predictable, holmes is good for, at least, 1 fumbled punt return a game. why do they need a "3rd down back"? if parker is good enough for 1+2nd down, why not third? they need to utilize thier tight ends and Davenport more, the defense needs to put more pressure on the QBs, the DBs need to get up on the recievers and use the 5 yard bump rule instead of playing 15 yards off them, Reed needs to go, he's cost them more than 1 game.

i've been a steeler fan longer than you've been alive, i bet. seen alot of QB, remember bradshaws later years, malone, bubby, neil o, miller, kordell, tomczak, maddox, and a few more i can't think of off the top of my head. seems like everyone(except bradshaw,miller) has had a good year or 2 then they suck! why?????????

I agree with you except for giving up on Ben so soon. People seem to forget what he has been trough... let alone the hit from last week that he has not recoved from IMO. I blame Cowher for letting him play... he should have stayed out 1 more game.

When Ben is healthy (Kansas City game is a GREAT example) he is a GREAT QB! Anytime he returns from an injury, he always has a poor game... again, I blame coaching for letting him return too early.

What has me angry is seeing Staley sitting on the sidelines collecting a "starters" salary! Why is he not being developed to replace Bettis as a short yard gainer... when we are 3rd and 1, 4th and 1.... and goal line plays. We need a big guy that can get those 1-2 yards to keep our drives going! I love Parker and think he's doing great, but he is not a guy that can move a pile for the extra yard!

Can you please explain why you think Reed needs to go??? He has a pretty good record for field goals... true he does not have the 50+ yard foot, but when we do use him, he's pretty damn reliable.

suck my pipe
10-30-2006, 11:28 AM
"Ben has been hurt just about all year. With the crash before training camp and everything else that as happened this year"

Cough Cough theres a fresh quarter back sitting on the bench. If Ben is so banged up why is he in the game. Thats all I have to say.

arego
10-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Just win baby...GO RAIDERS

we may suck this year but we just beat the World Champs..ha

catch22blaster
10-30-2006, 01:43 PM
Superbowl champs lost to one of the worst teams in Nfl right now. Went from being the Best team to being close to last. hahah all I have to say is they suck hahaha. I will always hate them.Did u see those Cleveland Clowns man they played the best game they played all season so far. I hope browns give Steelers a run when they play them in 3 weeks maybe browns will win haha. Im Sorry Steeler fans It had to be said
:devil:

450r51
10-30-2006, 02:13 PM
who cares about the steelers, they suck neways! pats are gonna win it this year....again.

MOFO
10-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by suck my pipe
"Ben has been hurt just about all year. With the crash before training camp and everything else that as happened this year"

Cough Cough theres a fresh quarter back sitting on the bench. If Ben is so banged up why is he in the game. Thats all I have to say.

At some point you have to play him! He is the starting QB... my only issue is that we bring him back too soon.

Typical Steeler fan's I suppose.... :D

MOFO
10-30-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by catch22blaster
Superbowl champs lost to one of the worst teams in Nfl right now. Went from being the Best team to being close to last. hahah all I have to say is they suck hahaha. I will always hate them.Did u see those Cleveland Clowns man they played the best game they played all season so far. I hope browns give Steelers a run when they play them in 3 weeks maybe browns will win haha. Im Sorry Steeler fans It had to be said
:devil:

We'll see... I'm hoping for another game like last year... remember the last time we lined up? 41-ZERO! ;)

catch22blaster
10-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Thats when they were good. But will see who knows. Hopefully it will be close atleast. :)

MOFO
10-31-2006, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by catch22blaster
Thats when they were good. But will see who knows. Hopefully it will be close atleast. :)

The same team that took out KC 45-7? Would it be that team? Because that team is coming back! ;)

PeeWee21
10-31-2006, 04:46 AM
'Grand stand football players"!!!! If it's so freakin easy why then are'nt your arse's out there playing, coaching or what ever??? They are HUMAN and make mistakes just as you and i do. Yes they get paid to do a job...just as you do but i guess you all never phukk anything up at work???? I'd like to see any of you throw the ball as far, as hard, and as accurate as ANY, yes ANY, NFL quarterback whether they be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd string!!!!!! Now that would be funny!!!!!! It's very easy to critisize from you where your standing.....since your not the one on the feild having 10 pizzed off, 300lb guys chasing your arse around......but you go and set on your couch with ya fat arse eating chips, salsa, pizza, and drinking beer and knowing all how to run the football, how to throw the football, which reciever to throw it to, which hole to run through, and which plays to call, and all that.....go ahead with ya bad self.:rolleyes: Some of you all.....i'm ashamed to even admit i'm an NFL football fan with some of your bone headed comments and it puts me into association with you because we like the NFL. Looks like i need to find a new sport to watch.:D

cdrookie
10-31-2006, 05:24 AM
if i messed up at work as much as ben throws interceptions(at least this year), or as much as holmes fumbled, or as much as the secondary has blown coverages... my arse would be fired!!!!! so does that mean i should be paid millions? if you make that much you better be at the top of your game, all game every game, and it's the coaches responsibility to judge whos ready to play and who isn't. i watch some of these games and i swear, high school kids play with more intensity and desire.

growing up in western pa, the earth revolves around the steelers. there's not too many other cities that are as passonate about their team, and probably not as many as judgemental. you wouldn't understand peewee, being from bygawdwestvirginia, so go back to getting that turd kfx set up for xc racing:D do you even get tv reception down there:devil:

PeeWee21
10-31-2006, 05:46 AM
LOL Peeps like YOU are the reason we left Pa....yes, Pa born and bred. I'm a die hard Steelers fan, but unlike you i take into consideration human error......and since I'm not the one paying his paycheck and neither are YOU ....anything we say is null and void....especially your belly aching about the team:p ....just as i said, get up and go show them how to do it correctly then. :D As stated about the passion we have for football, i don't live in Pa anymore but brother i'm more passionate about them now than i was when i lived there....so you don't need to go down that road. As with alot of people...i saw they're bad times...i'll STICK with them during they're bad times, i'm not gonna roll over and start kicking them when they're down. Yes i do get tv reception down here.....it's usually delayed by 10 minutes or so because of the piping it has to run through but i do get it! lol

Castor-426ex
10-31-2006, 06:28 AM
i say put charlie batch in there and let him run the offense for a while...nuthin against ben..but he needs some time to heal up and get his mind and arm back up to par...i mean after a number of surgeries from the motorcycle accident, appendectomy...and now a concussion...he obviously isnt at the level he was last year

but what do i know im a colts fan

MOFO
10-31-2006, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by PeeWee21
i'll STICK with them during they're bad times, i'm not gonna roll over and start kicking them when they're down. Yes i do get tv reception down here.....it's usually delayed by 10 minutes or so because of the piping it has to run through but i do get it! lol

LOL, your not alone... born and bread in Pittsburgh... and at times I feel like I'm the minority because I dont jump on the "he's a bum" bandwagon as fast as most people around here. I watch every game and can see the potential and skill locked away within our team - especially with Ben. We'll pull through this one... no doubt in my mind!

MOFO
10-31-2006, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Castor-426ex
i say put charlie batch in there and let him run the offense for a while...nuthin against ben..but he needs some time to heal up and get his mind and arm back up to par...i mean after a number of surgeries from the motorcycle accident, appendectomy...and now a concussion...he obviously isnt at the level he was last year

but what do i know im a colts fan

Hey, I agree with you... I think Charlie Batch should have been used more this season to give Ben the extra week to heal up. As I've said before, our coaching staff needs to learn how to tell Ben "No... you're going to rest this week..."

Castor-426ex
10-31-2006, 08:17 AM
exactly..batch is a good quarterback...he's efficient with that offense and can run it well...even cower said he doesnt like 4 interceptions...so hopefully big ben will get a rest.
The Pats looked impressive last night

bansheerider4
10-31-2006, 08:46 AM

im also a steeler fan

`yes there is a fresh quarter back on the bench but he's really no good...i dont know if you seen it but almost all the games he played he always underthrows the ball.and doesnt scramble when he needs to.............ben just needs to get more comfortable in the pocket after that hit from atlanta.every quarterback has a bad season no ones perfect.....maybe we shouldve kept the kid from bowling green???

and you cant blame holmes for fumbling all the time he's still use to how long it takes the college players to get to him on kickoffs and punts....if you were in his position youd have the same problem your rookie year....but once he gets used to it..unstobable...

sorry about the long comment but had to say stuff about it since ive been a steelers fan for about 15yrs of my life

p.s. BROWNS SUCK HORRIBLY......no chance they'll beat pittsburgh this year even with as bad as there doing right now:devil:

Castor-426ex
10-31-2006, 09:16 AM
batch is a good backup quarterback and being that big ben has thrown 6 touchdowns and been picked off 11 times compared to charlie batch who has thrown for 5 touchdowns and 0 interceptions...bens also been sacked 19 times

with the steelers at 2-5 something isnt working and with the broncos,saints, ravens, and the bengals coming down the line i hope big ben gets it back together and turns around pittsburg....

i like the steelers but you cant say charlie batch isnt a good quarterback, sure he isnt a pro bowl player either but i say if big ben looks like crap in the next game you have got to make a change...

MOFO
10-31-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by bansheerider4
im also a steeler fan

`yes there is a fresh quarter back on the bench but he's really no good...i dont know if you seen it but almost all the games he played he always underthrows the ball.and doesnt scramble when he needs to............

BS....

Batch is a GREAT backup QB. Seems like everytime we needed him to carry our team to victory, he has done so.

Heck, I've even heard some people say Batch should be our starter now purely based on his numbers this season - although I strongly disagree with that.

hks308
10-31-2006, 11:09 AM
well who won our first game? batch did. give him a chance to start the game again. ben just keeps throwin interceptions. they just need to try some different players every once in a while..

go steelers!

jcv400ex
10-31-2006, 11:50 AM
I agree Ben should not have started. Either he was feeding Mr. Chin a line of BS or Mr Chin doesn't have the balls to bench Ben.

Either way, now is not the time to bench Ben. It's past the point of no return, benching him now, would only hurt Ben's career.

Other than that, Go Bears! :macho