PDA

View Full Version : Wheels

ShiftFMX
10-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Hey Ken, I'm thinking about buying some Douglas .190's and having them coated a gloss black.

Honestly, How well does pc hold up on wheels? I dont race motocross, I just do alot of rec riding...what ever comes at me.

ShiftFMX
10-29-2006, 02:36 PM
Say I go Back down to ride at West point, its FULL of rocks, If they scrape...will it chip?

Pappy
10-29-2006, 02:47 PM
This is kind of a catch 22 question:p

It will hold up, however if you catch a big rock and it takes out the pc then is it really the pc that did not hold up:p

My brothers rims have been doing excellent. I use him as an example because I see his quad each weekend. The only issue he has had in almost 2 years was when a rock the size of a golf ball lodged itself between the front caliper and the rim. He did 2 or 3 laps before backing off the pipe enough to HEAR something wasnt right. It did make a nice mark all teh way around the inside of his rim, however it has not gotton any worse. To me, technically the pc did everything it is expected to do, to someone paying for pc this could cause an issue because noone I know of likes to have something get jacked up. It is a risk with anything...Ive seen cars hit curbs and rip pc and chrome clean off including a nice chunk of the rim...lol