PDA

View Full Version : Stock susp. settings?

Rick DeSilva
10-29-2006, 12:38 PM
I have a 05 400ex. I weigh 230lbs. Can I do anything to my stock suspension to make it work better for my size?

If any one says loose weight I will put a desert mans curse on you; May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

Besides it's mostly muscle anyway:rolleyes: .

Thanks,
Rick.

400eXr1d3rZ
10-29-2006, 01:01 PM
Nothing you can do to stock suspension except adjust the pre-load and that isn't noticable at all, the cheapest most effective thing you can do is buy 450r shocks, a used set of elka's or works, or even yfz shocks.

northwest Texas
10-30-2006, 06:52 PM
I used to be a bit over your weight and I bought some Works G series to put up front. They're triple rate, no reservoirs or add ons and the price would've been $465. You can get the Steelers at a little bit less cost but I wouldn't.

They (Works) had them dialed in and I've never made an adjustment even though I'm under 200# now.

I promise that new front shocks will be worth every penny you pay..........and then some.

On EDIT:

I forgot to add that I only ride trails and such, no MX racing. I didn't get the sag or zero pre load (or whatever you want to call it) The shocks have been great and I can add reservoirs at a later date if I decide to.

Rick DeSilva
10-30-2006, 10:38 PM
excellent info.

I'm currently trying to purchase some trx450 front shocks.

We'll see what happens.

Thanks,
Rick.