PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Spacers

GearHeadz400ex
10-29-2006, 10:40 AM
Alright guys I know that a lot of people say that wheel spacers are a definite no-no (especially for jumping). But I've heard that the spacers made my crj performance are saposed to be some of the best and people still use them while jumping. Now my question is, since I don't do any jumping (besides woops if you consider that jumping) would I be ok with the spacers? All i'm really doing is trail riding. I'd probably just go with the 3" ones as well which should mean that they would be stronger than the 5". Thanks in advance.

4TraxRider
10-29-2006, 04:01 PM
They're going to give you more bump-steer, which means you'll feel a lot more of the trail. The easiest way to see if you'll like them is to flip your front rims around and take a ride. If you don't notice the difference much, or don't care about the difference get a set.

GearHeadz400ex
10-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by 4TraxRider
They're going to give you more bump-steer, which means you'll feel a lot more of the trail. The easiest way to see if you'll like them is to flip your front rims around and take a ride. If you don't notice the difference much, or don't care about the difference get a set.
hmm, good idea on flippin the rims around. So basically, if I wanted the wideness and the same feel, i would want to get the spacers and a steering stabilizer correct? Or should I just couch up the money and get extended a-arms. and also notice that I am 17 yrs old and $400 a-arms are a bit more deep in my pocket than some other peoples... also remember that I'm only trail riding. Thanks

4TraxRider
10-30-2006, 07:07 AM
In all honesty if your just trail riding I would do this. Pick up a set of Works steelers with no rezzies for stock arms, and for your next set of rims, get a 3+2 offset for the front. The shocks wil make a huge difference in ride quality at a relatively inexpensive price and the change in offset will make your front end slightly wider without as much bumpsteer as a set of 1.5" spacers and will be much stonger as well.