View Full Version : thunder in the sand

CRich[814]
10-29-2006, 09:48 AM
how come ive never heard of this lol?
this is the coolest race ive ever seen.

http://motoxposure.com/video/wwwood.wmv

10-29-2006, 10:03 AM
I've been down there to watch it, never race it yet. I'm probaly going to next race tho. It looked like Lysinger was using 20inch tires tho..Are those better then the 18s in th sand?

XxxTRiPxxX
10-29-2006, 10:37 AM
gotta run 20's track is usually to rutted up in loose sand for 18's i know from experience spend more time on draggin ur quad around the track then riding it.

10-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by XxxTRiPxxX
gotta run 20's track is usually to rutted up in loose sand for 18's i know from experience spend more time on draggin ur quad around the track then riding it.

its a race in wildwood. on the beach. in the sand.in the sea sand.in the salty sea sand.

:eek2:

SWIGIN
10-29-2006, 11:59 AM
i went down to that race twice in the late 90s and spent all day pulling cars and trucks out of the sand....lol

JRDrider22
10-30-2006, 06:38 AM
ive raced there for the past couple of years and its not that fun. ok your on the beach, but it takes a beating on ur bike. ive blown a carrier there and it sucked.

also wildwood isnt the best of places either. if your out past 10 your gonna get into some trouble. one of my friends was stabbed in a fight off the boardwalk and everyone got arrested. its pretty ruff down there and will continue to get worse.

STEVENJANNA
10-30-2006, 09:45 AM
That video looks like it was from the Spring. The sand is no worse on your quad then any other condition you ride in. If you're the kind of person who doesn't wash there quad for weeks than it's an issue.

JRD rider22 you're to young to remember when Wildwood was a bad town. Wildwood has come a very long way and the town is a fun place to go if you don't try and start a fight with the locals. I was young and full of Piss and Vinegar once and you can get in the same trouble any mall you go to if you want.