PDA

View Full Version : xbox360 or PS3

rockman
10-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Guys I'm in a delima here. Do I go ahead and get a 360, or do I wait it out for a PS3. I'm not real keen on the PS3 price tag. I like the 360 alot but haven't really been exposed to them that much. From everything i've read they seem to be the best deal for what i'm looking for. What are some of your thoughts?

honduh440
10-29-2006, 10:12 AM
im in the same situation and from what i read the extra cash for the ps3 is more then worth it.

450robot
10-29-2006, 10:33 AM
id go for the 360 becuase of the prices, games, online setup, and upgrade potential.

enduro400rider
10-29-2006, 11:30 AM
hmm im not really a gamer so.... whats thye price on the new PS3 i might have to pick one up just for the resale. people were makin some good money off those 360s last year, id wait all night in the cold for a couple hundred bucks.

elbine69
10-29-2006, 11:56 AM
Go for the ps3. The xbox360 is nice but the ps3 is supposed to be way better.

1fastR
10-29-2006, 12:52 PM
I have a xbox360 and I wouldn't waste the money on a ps3, If you will be able to even find one, the cut back on how many are going to be released buy a few million:eek: , the only thing that ps3 has is the hd dvd drive witch you can now buy for the 360, and the graphix are the same, and there are way more games out for the 360 at this point

10-29-2006, 12:55 PM
get a Xbox...or a PS2....my girlfriend got me a ps2 and i love it....be4 a couple months ago i was still playing sega :p :D

400exrider707
10-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Good luck even trying to get a PS3. They are only releasing a few million before christmas and then a few million after that. However it is going to be blu-ray ready. A stand a lone blu-ray player is about the price of the PS3 so its worth it for dollar value, its just more than most gamers are capable of spending. It will also be about twice as fast as 360. $600 is just not cool. Also you can bet that games will be more expensive as well if they're going to be HD games.:rolleyes:

ilpadrino113
10-29-2006, 01:24 PM
360 all the way: upgradeable

10-29-2006, 03:01 PM
i could go into my local gamestop and preorder 5 ps3's if i wanted to.

they are going to be rediculously expensive, just wait for about 3-4 months and get one then, trust me, saving the extra couple $100 is gonna be good...

i heard that they are banning the sales of ps3's on ebay...is this true?

RuffRyder400ex
10-29-2006, 03:33 PM
I have 360 but i plan on getting ps3 eventually to. ps3 is suppose to be much better. And you dont have to pay to play online like 360.

400exrider99
10-29-2006, 03:53 PM
i have a 360 and i like it the games dont have the best grafics but those are the ones that they rushed the new games that are coming out look much better. xbox live is not much its only 50 for 12months. i hav the 360 an extra controller 5 games and the wireless network adaptor and that is about the same price as the ps3 with a game

ATV Chic
10-29-2006, 08:43 PM
I would suggest getting a ps2 for now. It's better than the 360 in all areas and it's not that expensive. By the time you've played GTA San Andreas so much that u just can't take it anymore (which I wouldn't think u to be a tru gamer if that happened lol), They will have enough available for everyone to be able to just go to a store and get one from the shelf. ( March or April probably). Just a suggestion! :D

Ralph
10-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Yeah, XBOX360's USB HD DVD DRIVE really puts the x360 up to par with ps3...

not

By the time you buy the hddvd drive for the 360 ur spending more on less. The usb connection microsoft brewed up for this drive will be crawling fast.

MOFO
10-30-2006, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
Yeah, XBOX360's USB HD DVD DRIVE really puts the x360 up to par with ps3...

not

By the time you buy the hddvd drive for the 360 ur spending more on less. The usb connection microsoft brewed up for this drive will be crawling fast.

If its a USB 2.0 connection, the bottle neck will be the drive itself - not the connection.

popo
10-30-2006, 05:44 AM
Dude at BestBuy told me that PS2 games will work on the PS3 and convert them to HD.

rockman
10-30-2006, 06:22 AM
sony has not released whether or not the ps3 will do that, last thing i read they said the ps3 would play them in their original entirety.. meaning no hd

Ralph
10-30-2006, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
If its a USB 2.0 connection, the bottle neck will be the drive itself - not the connection.

The whole thing is just as* backwards. Im sure sooner or later microsoft will release a version with the hddvd drive but that wont benefit all the other people with old 360's. Although they will prob fry by then anyway:blah:

Sony has always had their chit together and i have full trust in them to come out with soemthing better.

ignore the ps3's price difference because by the time you buy a 360 and buy all the little accesories youl be right in ps3 range. (controller rechargable battery pack, charge for that, etc.)

Comparing the ps3's price to the 360's price is dumb because its like comparing a base model car to a fully loaded one...

MOFO
10-30-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by popo
Dude at BestBuy told me that PS2 games will work on the PS3 and convert them to HD.

If it does play the PS2 games, the only thing it might do is "upscale" the PS2 game. It will not be in high def, but your TV will be taking in a signal that it does not have to scale to its native resolution. The only benefit I see to this is helping with certain TV's that have a delay due to it having to process the low quality signal. Now the PS3 will be processing it so delay's should be gone.

...if that made any sense! :blah:

MOFO
10-30-2006, 08:37 AM
The whole thing is just as* backwards. Im sure sooner or later microsoft will release a version with the hddvd drive but that wont benefit all the other people with old 360's. Although they will prob fry by then anyway:blah:

Sony has always had their chit together and i have full trust in them to come out with soemthing better.

ignore the ps3's price difference because by the time you buy a 360 and buy all the little accesories youl be right in ps3 range. (controller rechargable battery pack, charge for that, etc.)

Comparing the ps3's price to the 360's price is dumb because its like comparing a base model car to a fully loaded one...

I was ready to jump on the PS3 bandwagon, mainly due to the Blueray drive. Now that Blueray and HD/DVD have been out... I'm loosing faith in the Blueray technology - from a A/V point of view.

As of now the HD/DVD's have superior quality in regards to audio and video.

We'll see as time goes on... it really is VHS vs BETA all over again! :mad: :mad: :mad:

If history repeats itself... Sony's media always fails...

Ralph
10-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
I was ready to jump on the PS3 bandwagon, mainly due to the Blueray drive. Now that Blueray and HD/DVD have been out... I'm loosing faith in the Blueray technology - from a A/V point of view.

As of now the HD/DVD's have superior quality in regards to audio and video.

We'll see as time goes on... it really is VHS vs BETA all over again! :mad: :mad: :mad:

If history repeats itself... Sony's media always fails...

Its is VHS vs. Beta. BUT, from a video game aspect. I believe blu ray is better because more storage means that developers should have virtualy no restrictions on how much they want to put in a game.

I also believe ps3's CPU and GPU are superior. im no scientist but have you read about some of the things like back up cores or something. Really cool stuff.

I think microsoft just built a sick computer with todays parts. Sony built a sick computer with the parts of tommorow. I also think the quality of the 360 is just so poor. Many friends with problems etc.

Lastly i have always liked playstation games much more. Now that the 360 has been out for quite a while when we go to play we look at the games we have to choose from and fire up the super nintendo instead and play super tecmo bowl. lmfao.

Madden has got to be the best thing 360's got right now and i will bet you it will be much better on ps3. Before madden 07 we played all our sports games on ps2 just because 360 didnt beat it...

Dont even bring up halo 3. Halo games are awesome but they dont make the system.

BTW MOFO, no disrespect i know ur the home entertainment guru but i feel pretty strong about the ps3 vs 360 battles. The price argument is the one that kills me.

MOFO
10-30-2006, 10:53 AM
Its is VHS vs. Beta. BUT, from a video game aspect. I believe blu ray is better because more storage means that developers should have virtualy no restrictions on how much they want to put in a game.

I also believe ps3's CPU and GPU are superior. im no scientist but have you read about some of the things like back up cores or something. Really cool stuff.

I think microsoft just built a sick computer with todays parts. Sony built a sick computer with the parts of tommorow. I also think the quality of the 360 is just so poor. Many friends with problems etc.

Lastly i have always liked playstation games much more. Now that the 360 has been out for quite a while when we go to play we look at the games we have to choose from and fire up the super nintendo instead and play super tecmo bowl. lmfao.

Madden has got to be the best thing 360's got right now and i will bet you it will be much better on ps3. Before madden 07 we played all our sports games on ps2 just because 360 didnt beat it...

Dont even bring up halo 3. Halo games are awesome but they dont make the system.

BTW MOFO, no disrespect i know ur the home entertainment guru but i feel pretty strong about the ps3 vs 360 battles. The price argument is the one that kills me.

No disrespect at all... I'm a huge A/V nut and can't help but to relate those two. I do agree that the PS3 will be a superior product from a gamers point of view. It just seems like they are really trying to take these machines and integrate them into the A/V world - no longer just a game system.

Either way they still have a long ways before it will replace a quality input device - other than to play games... IMO.

700bRad
10-30-2006, 02:16 PM
Just get a high end pc. The technology is limitless. The graphics will always be better, and if your graphics card becomes outdated, just go out and buy a new one.

rockman
10-30-2006, 02:33 PM
I already have one :devil:

WhiteZrider
10-30-2006, 03:09 PM
I wouldnt get a PS3 when they percented it at some gamer thing it crashed 3 times, and the xbox didnt so xbox 360 all the way

Ralph
10-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZrider
I wouldnt get a PS3 when they percented it at some gamer thing it crashed 3 times, and the xbox didnt so xbox 360 all the way

I doubt they will release a product like that. **** happens.

I did however see two different stores with the final release(at the time) 360's on display and they were both broke.

Everyone will have their flaws. If i get one it will be about 4-5 months after release so any flaw should be fixed