View Full Version : i need a part asap

trailwart
10-29-2006, 09:12 AM
my seat tab on the frame is broke and gone, its the one on the right side by the tank for the seat to slide into. if you have a wasted frame layin around and are willing to cut this piece of let me know what you want for it. dukemnowok@aol.com

C-LEIGH RACING
10-30-2006, 11:28 AM
All you need to do the repair is a piece of 3/8s rod & a small piece of flat metal.
Get two new rubber pieces & cut the rod the proper lenght to fit inside the seat plastic with the two rubber pieces on each end. Now, take a drill & drill out completely the pin thats still on the frame, the pin that the rubber piece fits on, then just stick the rod through the hole.
After you have the rod in place stick the rubber piece on the rod pushing it all up aginst the flat metal piece, mark the rod, take the rubber piece off & weld the rod in place.
Now take the flat piece of metal & cut an A shaped piece to fit under the rod on the other side, put the rubber piece on that end of the rod, stick the flat metal pice under the rod & mark where it should be, remove the rubber piece & weld the metal in place, clean & paint the area.
Wala,,, you have it fixed better than Honda could do it, no more seat worries.
Neil

trailwart
10-30-2006, 12:54 PM
thanks for the reply neil. i was also thinking about fabing it up as you suggested, your idea seems better than what i had in mind. i also sent a pm to your box. thanks