PDA

View Full Version : dragracing with a rev box

hotrodder_250ex
10-28-2006, 06:31 PM
i some times drag race for fun and i whant to maybe get a rev box but some people said if u pinn the throittle for to long it will blow your motor up!!! but i race the quarter and the half mile so iam curius what will happen???

400eXr1d3rZ
10-28-2006, 06:39 PM
If you don't have one you'll probably blow up, revbox stops the motor from revving too high.

One of my friends dads (he's a real old guy, probably 55 or so) he says that old old old dirtbikes (when first came out) never had a CDI, and it would rev until the crank went through the case :eek2: , not too sure about that though. It would be safe to run one, maybe a programmable one, like DynaTek.

hotrodder_250ex
10-28-2006, 08:57 PM
i looked at the dyna tek and it doesnt make one for my quad!! but has anyone had real experiance with this problem???

rooster300ex
10-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
If you don't have one you'll probably blow up, revbox stops the motor from revving too high.

One of my friends dads (he's a real old guy, probably 55 or so) he says that old old old dirtbikes (when first came out) never had a CDI, and it would rev until the crank went through the case :eek2: , not too sure about that though. It would be safe to run one, maybe a programmable one, like DynaTek.

I bet its true. I bet I would of blew a few motors up back then.lol

CHEVYZ
10-29-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by hotrodder_250ex
i looked at the dyna tek and it doesnt make one for my quad!! but has anyone had real experiance with this problem??? Do they even make a rev box for the 250EX? I thought the rev limit was set on it?

250exkid
10-29-2006, 03:36 PM
the rev limiter is set the rev boxx hes talkin bought takes the rev limiters out so you can go abouve and byoned im guess cause im woundering the same thing he is

Crazy Bob
11-01-2006, 02:51 PM
You didn't mention if you are hitting the rev limiter with the factory box. If not, a " Rev Box " will have nothing to offer.

Crazy Bob