PDA

View Full Version : Rocks in my tires bad news???

dirt286
10-28-2006, 04:32 PM
I switched my wheels around last week so I could get some more time out of them and while I was rolling the tire/rim around I can hear rocks rolling around inside the tire. I deflated the tire all the way and tried to pop it off but I couldn't . Obviously its not ideal to have rocks but is it really bad? If so how come I couldn't get the tire to pop off the wheel.....and how did the rocks get in there in the first place????:confused:
thanks

pimpin330ex
10-28-2006, 04:50 PM
i dont think there rocks its probally like pieces of rubber. and tires are allways a pian to get off. i wouldent worry about it even if they are rocks.

10-28-2006, 04:55 PM
There not rocks. There little balls of rubber from the tire.

dirt286
10-28-2006, 09:43 PM
balls of rubber????? ok thanks:)

JW450R1
10-29-2006, 04:07 AM
yeah they r rubber balls.did u break down the bead of the tire yet.that is some times diffacult with stock wheels.

dirt286
10-29-2006, 07:48 PM
no thats the problem I cant break the bead.

NacsMXer
10-30-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by JW450R1
yeah they r rubber balls.did u break down the bead of the tire yet.that is some times diffacult with stock wheels.

Yep, it's difficult to break the bead on stock tires because Honda uses some type of glue when they mount the tires.

I remember when my 400EX was stock and I thought the same thing about having rocks in my tires. I thought it was from taking corners too hard haha :p

The others are right; it's just rubber fragments that form into rubber balls over time inside the tire. I've only noticed this on stock tires, must be something about the rubber compound or manufacturing process.

10-30-2006, 12:53 PM
My dad just bought a tire remover from some website for 40 bucks. It actully works good, ill post up the link if i find it.

But heres what I did before I had that... Put like a 2X6 or bigger on the sidewall of the tire, and drive up the wood and push down the opposite side of the sidewall and the bead should pop.

gbcap
10-30-2006, 01:27 PM
i have had rocks in my tires before...not very common tho. most of the time it is parts of the bead from mounting that have broken off and made it into the tire.

just take it to a tire shop or buy a bead breaker to get your beads off!