PDA

View Full Version : who rides in the winter

roundsy
10-28-2006, 02:27 PM
well winters almost here in the great white north:D, and its the first winter with the 450 so i was just wondering who all rides in the snow and how do ya guys set your quads up?....as of right now im looking towards a front ski and ams zippers/4-snows in the rear but that may change with some input...

Warnerade
10-28-2006, 03:20 PM
indoor MX starts for me in about a month....gotta train all winter so i dont start from scratch next season:(

JForestZ34
10-28-2006, 03:25 PM
I ride if the snow doesn't get to deep. Being I've still got the stock tires on, I have trouble getting throu any more than 6 inches of snow. When it does snow I just go out on the streets for a bit.

James

TRXNIGHTRIDER
10-28-2006, 03:26 PM
i love ridin in the snow espically on the street. but i just keep my quad the way it is so once it gets pass like 8 in of snow i have to take out my dads kingquad

Joe400ex
10-28-2006, 04:08 PM
i love riding in the snow but my quad always shuts down because its reving so high all the time and it over heats. So i think this year its gonna stay inside:(

ny300exrider
10-28-2006, 04:32 PM
i wait all year for the snow, definitly my favorite time to ride. as soon as the streets get snowed over, the 450s comes out and we hit the roads for hours. i just love how my town shuts down and the quads and sleds rule when the snow starts to fall.

elementryder
10-28-2006, 04:40 PM
i love riding in the snow i have quite a few toys to pic from ( 7 ) ill ride the warrior,250ex and i use to ride my 300ex untill it was a full mx bike but after about a foot or so i will get out the kodiak or 300 4x4 stock will work good but this year we git new tires for all of the sport 4-wheelers so well see

if you dont have a 4x4 when it gets to deep id suggest 22" mudlights on the back

CHEVYZ
10-28-2006, 04:51 PM
I wish that it snowed out here. There was a light storm about 2 years ago Christamas day.... pretty cool that it would snow Christmas day because it had not snowed in a VERY long time. It stays pretty warm most of the time, so we just ride year round.

f4istunna
10-28-2006, 05:35 PM
i cant wait for the snow to fall, havent had a chance to test out the 700 raptor w/ some mud sharks on the back :huh

250rAL
10-29-2006, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by roundsy
well winters almost here in the great white north:D, and its the first winter with the 450 so i was just wondering who all rides in the snow and how do ya guys set your quads up?....as of right now im looking towards a front ski and ams zippers/4-snows in the rear but that may change with some input...

If you're going to put skis on it, then you might as well just get a snowmobile. The main advantage of a quad is that you can still go where the snow is nonexistent or starting to melt.

1fst400
10-29-2006, 08:25 AM
I'm not much of a fan or riding in the snow. But I do like riding out on the frozen lakes. Throw about 1000 studs in the tires and your ready to go. Very fun.

CRich[814]
10-29-2006, 08:30 AM
this is what im doing to my CR :rolleyes:

TANNER250r
10-29-2006, 09:17 AM
i do most of my rideing in the winter there is not alot of places
to ride in the summer

rooster300ex
10-29-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Joe400ex
i love riding in the snow but my quad always shuts down because its reving so high all the time and it over heats. So i think this year its gonna stay inside:(

Ya I think it tears em up. My opinon though. If it does snow here in oklahoma I like to hit a river bottom or some sand&dirt trails.

10-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by CRich[814]
this is what im doing to my CR :rolleyes:

I was reading about those. You cant use anything less the a 450 four stroke.

Do you guys know that company that makes those dumb *** widing kits? That keep the stock arms and just like widen out the frame...Well they make ski kits for quads for a 100 bucks, I don't know how good they are tho for $100.

firefighterjosh
10-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
indoor MX starts for me in about a month....gotta train all winter so i dont start from scratch next season:(

Were you race indoor at? Motoplex?

I ride in the winter too:D

LTZ400rider
10-29-2006, 07:49 PM
i have a dream atleast one week that it snows. i love riding out in the storm, full moon, i drive all over town. i have to fill up alot cuz its always 5 gear pinned but usually im not movin anywhere.

its cool i just go out and meet random ppl. gas stations are always filled with riders

Warnerade
10-30-2006, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Were you race indoor at? Motoplex?

I ride in the winter too:D nope, never been there.

ny300exrider
10-30-2006, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
i have a dream atleast one week that it snows. i love riding out in the storm, full moon, i drive all over town. i have to fill up alot cuz its always 5 gear pinned but usually im not movin anywhere.

its cool i just go out and meet random ppl. gas stations are always filled with riders finally someone i can relate to!!!! the whole atmosphere of my town is just awsome during snow storms. when else can you ride all over town sharing the roads with only other quads and sleds. its the same here, during a good storm, there are quads and sleds at the gas stations, parked at restaurants, everything.

now i cant wait!

roundsy
10-30-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by 250rAL
If you're going to put skis on it, then you might as well just get a snowmobile. The main advantage of a quad is that you can still go where the snow is nonexistent or starting to melt.

id love a snowmobile, just cant fit er into the budget, so i thought to myself, why not make the quad a bit more snow friendly, and it will only cost a couple hundred tops compared to a snowmobile worth alot more than a few hundred

chris75
10-30-2006, 01:06 PM
finally someone i can relate to!!!! the whole atmosphere of my town is just awsome during snow storms. when else can you ride all over town sharing the roads with only other quads and sleds. its the same here, during a good storm, there are quads and sleds at the gas stations, parked at restaurants, everything.

now i cant wait!

------ wish my town was liek that i love ridin in the snow but as soon as i start to warm up my quad someone calls the cops right on me and even if they didnt jersey doesnt let u ride ur quad in the streets durin the now at all!!! it sucks

ny300exrider
10-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by chris75

------ wish my town was liek that i love ridin in the snow but as soon as i start to warm up my quad someone calls the cops right on me and even if they didnt jersey doesnt let u ride ur quad in the streets durin the now at all!!! it sucks ive talked to a bunch of jersey riders who say they do the same thing as me. my town doesnt "allow it" either, its just that i try to be smart and piss as few people off as possible. ive passed numerous cops every storm i've ridden in and have only been chased once in 3 years. Last year a jersey rider told me him and his boys rode all through the night during the blizzard last year.

Honda TRX250ex
10-30-2006, 03:34 PM
I ride in the winter and love it! except the frezzing part.

Scott-300ex
10-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Yeh, winter is fun to ride in. Make trails in the snow, trails as in a field and drive over it once then you got a track, see how far you can make it up hills with snow drifts, then finally 25 times later make it to the top. LoL.

Road ridin. And if you ride in town and a cop is after you, do you think he could even come close to catchin you?

My brother 'n law has 2 sleds/snowmobiles and those are real fun. Throwin a sled on the back of the quad is fun too.

I've been lookin forward to snow for about 6 weeks now.

Take pictures and post em this year.

MotoX3
10-30-2006, 07:19 PM
It's always fun to get the sleds out around here...but theres hardly any snow...it'll be fun to take the 70 out this year, a bike in the snow is always fun....

SRH
10-31-2006, 03:25 PM
all winter

10-31-2006, 03:26 PM
they have this thing out called a F7....i ride that in the winter