PDA

View Full Version : opinions on truck

hotrodbelair
10-28-2006, 01:52 PM
im looking at yet another truck to buy its a 87 chevy 2wd 4spd 305 with 52,000 original miles for 500. ive been looking for an old 2wd drive truck to buy for a project truck. i aready have three 4 wheel drive trucks and want something different. my only problem is with this truck is its a long box and dont know if a long box 2 wheel drive truck would realy be worth fixing up. my plans for the truck was to build a motor for it either build up a 350 or maybe even a 400 we have sitting in the shop. lower it a little bit, with a nice shot of paint and wheels and tires. what do you guys think would it be worth fixing up a 2 wheel drive long box or not.

underpowered
10-28-2006, 01:57 PM
i think it would be worth it. lower it a little, a little mini tub to tuck some wide tires(trucks are cake to tub), a nice engine with go fast goodies, a good exhaust, a simple paint job, and some nice wheels to top it all off (keep em small please, no dubs on a truck)

i like SCLB trucks, my brother has a 69 2wd SCLB that he plans on fixing up.

hotrodbelair
10-28-2006, 02:25 PM
no way in hell im gonna put dubs on this truck 17 the biggest. i see these one things on some long box trucks i dont know what there called but they mount on the box that make the truck look like and extended cab its like a wind breaker or something. think that would make it look better but i dont know what there called.

hotrodbelair
10-28-2006, 05:43 PM
im going to look at the truck tommarrow might be bringing it home if i like what i see. let ya all know what happens.

Rico400
10-28-2006, 06:23 PM
if u really like the truck you could always turn it into a shortbed.

Stevie-D
10-28-2006, 07:45 PM
hahahaah get the torches!!!

400exrider99
10-28-2006, 09:18 PM
i personally dont like sclb trucks unless there lifted and atleast a 3/4 ton just my .02

hotrodbelair
10-29-2006, 12:03 PM
went and looked at the truck today. the cab corners need to be replaced and the rockers, the rear wheel wells have just a little spot where its rusted through rear frame was pretty rusted but werent any holes through so i think just sand blasting and under coating and it will be alright. the truck sat in a pole shed since 95 the owner passed away then the guy that has it now got a hold of it got it running drove for 10 miles then it sat since july. now its just a matter of thinking about if i realy want to stick my time into this truck. i found another truck an 86 short box 2 wheel drive for 2500 but the cab corners and rockers are gone way worse then the truck im looking at now.