PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions

gilbert383
10-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Alright well i used to ride MX on a 250f and i tore both of my acls so i decided to give that up:(......so i was thinking of getting rid of my 2006 big bear 400 4x4 and try and get a newer 400ex with reverse to ride in trails and such

#1 would this be a good quad to have for woods riding (if you could tell me some pros and cons to having it for the woods)

#2 Does anyone know someone who would want the big bear it only has 500 miles on it and it is in great shape just some scratches from normal trail riding...great quad

thankx for your help

GILBERT383

underpowered
10-28-2006, 01:49 PM
#1. the 400es is agreat trail quad. plenty of power just to get around on though nothing overly exiting. plus upgrades are near limitless so you can always add stuff to it to make it better, more powerful. it has decent handleing, decent stock suspension, and is very reliable. Cons: not the fastest on the block if that is what you want.

#2. nto off hand, try posting it in the for sale section of the site.

John Pennella
10-28-2006, 07:00 PM
I go riding in Massachusetts a lot through some pretty hairy trails with my uncle, my wood shop teacher and his 15 year old son that has an 05 400. We go through stuff that guys on utility quads think twice about going through and Eric the one with the 400 is always there with u and going through mud and tall rocks and only getting hung up a few times. That thing will go throu any thing even though the swing arm is practically dragging on the ground from the stock 20" tires. He put 22" bear claws with full armor after a couple times of riding up there and now its 100 times better. He could do hill climbs and eveything, plus when we get to a field, he has something that could fly around with and not be kinda slow like a utility although these new ones probably go faster and do longer wheelies than sport quads. So any way, if I get a new machine, I would go for a 400 ex because it has the best of both worlds, it will go through rediculous trails with just putting 22" tires with skid plates if u care, i would, and its made for all the good things that sport quads were made to do. Also it's so reliable that you could hop on and go and not haveto worry if you have tools with u and it has reverse.