PDA

View Full Version : Drinkin and Ridin

IMSROLL450R
10-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Short trip to Waynoka this year. My buddy was an idiot and rode drunk on the dunes and broke his neck, back, and several ribs and is in the St. Francis Hospital in Wichita. He is paralized for right now in everything below his shoulders. At least he's alive. I noticed while we were down there how many people were getting drunk and riding late at night. I just thought I would say how much of a bad idea that is. I like to drink beer and I like to ride but there has to be a point where someone says "I'm gonna hurt myself." I just hope this doesnt happen to anyone else because Jordan loves to ride and its probably certain that he wont ever get to again. It really cant be worth it to ride after you are drunk. Just thought I would let everyone know. Be careful!!!!!!!! Happy Duning.

b2sandshee
10-28-2006, 04:11 PM
i agree, i dont drink so i dont have that problem. but it is the drunk and beginners that always get killed. if your new to the place please have some common sense to take er easy until you know the area. and if you drunk just dont do it. ive seen to many dead people laying on the sides of the dunes because they were drunk and thought they were invisible. so pleaseee take er easy.

Kansas400ex
10-28-2006, 05:32 PM
sorry to hear about your friend jsut goes to show us why we shouldnt to that crap.

svahle
10-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend. I was also recently at Waynoka and noticed a few drinkin and ridin. What a shame.

As for the beginners, a group pulled in next to us and atleast one of the guys had never been before. He rode for 10 minutes, flew off one of the bigger dunes, landed at or near the bottom and broke his leg. Tore up his 450r pretty good too.

I had never been before, but my friends warned me to take it easy until you know the area and learn a little about how to ride the dunes.

Quads are a ton of fun but must be respected.

milburn
10-28-2006, 11:24 PM
Where are those dunes at? Just looking for somewhere close to ride

b2sandshee
10-29-2006, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by svahle
Sorry to hear about your friend. I was also recently at Waynoka and noticed a few drinkin and ridin. What a shame.

As for the beginners, a group pulled in next to us and atleast one of the guys had never been before. He rode for 10 minutes, flew off one of the bigger dunes, landed at or near the bottom and broke his leg. Tore up his 450r pretty good too.

I had never been before, but my friends warned me to take it easy until you know the area and learn a little about how to ride the dunes.

Quads are a ton of fun but must be respected.

was this just the past couple weeks. i was there when somebody did that and i heard he had broke his leg and was life flighted off. the only reason i know is cuase i pulled up and watched for a while.

Kansas400ex
10-29-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by milburn
they are about 20 miles west and 10 miles south of Enid Oklahoma.

b2sandshee
10-29-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by milburn

waynoka, ok. its is a little town in the middle of nowhere. haha

svahle
10-29-2006, 02:42 PM
b2sandshee - that happened the first full weekend in October.

Sandgod4
10-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Really I don't feel sorry for him!!! He's an idiot for riding while/after drinking.. I see beer cans at the tops of big dunes here. I'd like to pour that **** in their gas tank and smash the can on their forehead. They are just ruining it for others as this is ammo for anybody to shut down the dunes... I'm glad the guy didn't run over a toddler on a little KFX 50 or something.. Hope he learned something from this..

b2sandshee
10-29-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by svahle
b2sandshee - that happened the first full weekend in October.

oh different weekend.

IMSROLL450R
10-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Hey sandgod this thread is simply to tell people that its not smart to ride and drink its NOT a thread to mouth someone that is hurt. Go shoot your mouth of somewhere else.

Burl Swift
10-30-2006, 08:53 AM
I love to ride. I love to drink. But I drink after I'm done riding for the day, period.

And Sandgod4, while saying it a bit harsh, has a point. He's not really saying anything any of us haven't thought, its just hard for you to hear IMSROLL450R because this one hits close to home.

I hope your friend gets better and I hope everyone can learn something for this.

Chino886
10-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by b2sandshee
was this just the past couple weeks. i was there when somebody did that and i heard he had broke his leg and was life flighted off. the only reason i know is cuase i pulled up and watched for a while.

The kid that was life lited out of the south entrance broke his back. It was his first time and he did not know how to ride in the dunes. On top of that, he was riding a friends banshee, not a good mix in my opinion. He had not been drinking, we were all in the same group!

IMSROLL450R
10-30-2006, 08:58 PM
If Jordan is ever able to ride again you can just about bet he will never do it drunk. Neither will I, thats for sure. It was my first time down there and we only got to ride for about 2 hours before he did that. He's definitely in a reality check.

b2sandshee
10-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by IMSROLL450R
He's definitely in a reality check.

thats no kiddin, hope he has a safe speedy recovery.

IMSROLL450R
10-31-2006, 07:41 AM
Good news he has surgery and everything went well. They expect him to start feeling things anytime now if he is going to. He can move his arms and talk but for now I think thats about it.

Chino886
10-31-2006, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by IMSROLL450R
Good news he has surgery and everything went well. They expect him to start feeling things anytime now if he is going to. He can move his arms and talk but for now I think thats about it.

Good deal!

Did you know the crew from Paola that was down there?

IMSROLL450R
10-31-2006, 09:13 AM
I never had enough time to meet anyone down there we were only there for about 2 hours before it happened but there was a group of guys that helped us load up real quick that I kind of met. I will be back down there sometime I cant wait cuz I didnt hardly get to ride at all and it was my first time.

rooster300ex
11-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Chino886
The kid that was life lited out of the south entrance broke his back. It was his first time and he did not know how to ride in the dunes. On top of that, he was riding a friends banshee, not a good mix in my opinion. He had not been drinking, we were all in the same group!

Was this guy from paola,ks. and did it happen oct.20th 2006. I seen the aftermath of that wreck. Do you know how he wrecked. He was lyin below a 20 or 30 foot dune. and the banshee was kinna tore up.

Chino886
11-08-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by rooster300ex
Was this guy from paola,ks. and did it happen oct.20th 2006. I seen the aftermath of that wreck. Do you know how he wrecked. He was lyin below a 20 or 30 foot dune. and the banshee was kinna tore up.

Yup, he was a first timer on a shee!

Coolidge
11-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Man! Send best wishes to your friend for a speedy recovery. You guys got me a little worried...Im supposed ride Glamis this weekend (1st time there, 1st time @ dunes) Im more a desert rider. Any advise for a 1st time duner (besides lay off the hooch B4 U ride!)?? O gotta go back to work Monday and cant afford (another) injury :D
~Guy

Chino886
11-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Coolidge
Man! Send best wishes to your friend for a speedy recovery. You guys got me a little worried...Im supposed ride Glamis this weekend (1st time there, 1st time @ dunes) Im more a desert rider. Any advise for a 1st time duner (besides lay off the hooch B4 U ride!)?? O gotta go back to work Monday and cant afford (another) injury :D
~Guy

My advice is start out slow! Ride smart!

Don't go out jumping dunes, work up to it!

And one last thing, have fun on the HONDA! :devil:

IMSROLL450R
11-08-2006, 06:46 PM
Definitely start out slow my first time was that time and it was dark when we went out first it was nuts i came close to wrecking several times and was being careful. Is crazy fun though I cant wait to go back. Have fun and good luck!!!!!!!!!!

rlplive
11-12-2006, 01:35 PM
That's f'd up man, that **** is just dumb though. There is a time for drinkin and a time for riding. There are so many dumbass newbs down at wynoka it pisses me off. They get drunk and drive up and down the road all day. Then when you go out to the dunes you never see them. I don't even try to ride there at night, too many morons. Hope your friend can still enjoy life to the best of his ability.