PDA

View Full Version : HRC header W/ slip on?

D-4our
10-27-2006, 11:28 PM
I've heard from a few different sources that the hrc header with a white bros slip on is a great set-up for a 450r. Can anybody go into detail as to why this would be a better setup than say a full system? Thank you

-Baldwin

krt400ex
10-28-2006, 11:56 AM
it is not..the WB pipes r not that good either...get a sparks, HMF, yosh, rossier, lrd.....those r good pipes...pretty equal on power

CHEVYZ
10-28-2006, 04:20 PM
I think that the HRC is pretty decent. You won't see much of a gain between the stock HRC system and a full system in the first place, changing from a HRC setup with a decent slipon to a full system will show even less. White brothers is decent, but certainly not the best. I do plan on upgrading to a DASA system (along with their intake), but I don't expect to get much from it. Personally, I would not even waste your money at all unless you really do not like the sound of the stock system.

D-4our
10-29-2006, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I actually heard that it's the same set-up that tim farr uses but i can imagine that is only to boost sales for hondas hrc kits or something political like that. I'm actually even considering a baldwin system now, any opinions?

CHEVYZ
10-29-2006, 05:54 AM
Baldwin makes a pretty respectable system. :chinese:

What kind of gains are you aiming for?

D-4our
10-30-2006, 12:58 AM
I want lots of bottem end and I'm looking for a good mx pipe, something really beefy sounding. The baldwin shorty is really appealing to my right now. What do you think?

250exkid
10-30-2006, 04:51 AM
if its truly a shortie your gonna get that bottom end power and a really loude beefy sound to it too

CHEVYZ
10-31-2006, 06:43 PM
I say go for it! Baldwin is known for very respectable products, and although I have never tried one myself, I would expect good results.