PDA

View Full Version : Honda pissin me off

2004Ohio400ex
10-27-2006, 10:56 PM
i got a 2004 honda 400ex stock bought it brand new with the 4 year warrty. i got a bolt that came out the motor case and now i got my dealer ship waittin for a phone call back just to fix the cocksucker now from what i understan honda covers everything but wear and tear items when did a bolt become wear and tear item ... i'm still watitin on my dealership to call me back to fix it the bolt that came out and was fine at the threads, but was striped inside the case and i've never had the case apart they took pictures of it and sent it in and i'm still waittin just wondering if you think they will repair it . its been two weeks and i'm still waittin

Eviltanker
10-28-2006, 07:16 AM
Call them. tell them that you believe it is either there fault or Manufacturer fault. Also not to be a Hammerhead but you gotta watch what you type here (cursing) . Anyway you are not at fault and it should be warranty.If they say no you can fix it your self or arbitrate it with a lawyer. Personally I would just fix it myself beings I don't trust dealerships anymore.

jesshamner
10-28-2006, 08:01 AM
From what I've heard and read, it is up to the dealer on whether or not its covered in the warranty. Some dealers help you out and some are just plain crooked.

I have to agree with what Eviltanker said though. I don't really trust dealerships to work on them either. If you finally force them to fix, how good of a job are they going to do against their will?

krt400ex
10-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by 2004Ohio400ex
i got a 2004 honda 400ex stock bought it brand new with the 4 year warrty. i got a bolt that came out the motor case and now i got my dealer ship waittin for a phone call back just to fix the cocksucker now from what i understan honda covers everything but wear and tear items when did a bolt become wear and tear item ... i'm still watitin on my dealership to call me back to fix it the bolt that came out and was fine at the threads, but was striped inside the case and i've never had the case apart they took pictures of it and sent it in and i'm still waittin just wondering if you think they will repair it . its been two weeks and i'm still waittin

where u located??? cuz i may be able to help u if u r near me....

smitht316
10-28-2006, 01:05 PM
did the bolt coming out break anything?

Kaleigh
11-02-2006, 04:05 AM
thats pretty ignorant of them.. they're killing the honda name.. Im sure the person that built it probably over tighten it and with use it became weak.. you really have to keep calling them and hounding them or you wont get it fixed.. they can be crooks.. dont let them walk on you.. if its a shop go there when its busy and talk to them then.. cause if you start agruing when there are customers it better for you cause your making them look bad.. That helped me get a new pro curcuit headpipe ^_^

Def-e-nition
11-02-2006, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Eviltanker
Personally I would just fix it myself beings I don't trust dealerships anymore.

You Know - i work for a Major Car Dealership , and I am Just wondering Why This seems to be the case regarding Bike Shops the world Over ??

I am More than 11000 km away , and believe me - i do Not Trust our local Honda Dealer Not ONE BIT . WHY is this , do you guys think ? The Agents are supposed to be the Ones you can Trust , yet , lately , I notice More and More People not taking Bikes in After the First service , Simply because the Service in general was so Crap , and the service on the Bike itself was outright darn Expensive . Huh ? Whatever happened to franchise standards , Client Service , or Brand Awareness ??

I have now gotten to the point where I am SO Sarcastic with them on the Phone that I cannot Conduct a decent Conversation with them without expressing how disappointed I am that Nobody bothers to Phone me Bac k , Or let me Know where my Order is , Or Simply express any INTEREST in me as a cLient . I Dont Understand ??Whats going On ?

Guys ?

11-02-2006, 07:23 AM
my friends 400ex has a 4 year warrty . It blew up and they had to pay cash to get it fixed and it was totaly stock when they brought it in..

krt400ex
11-02-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by slow
my friends 400ex has a 4 year warrty . It blew up and they had to pay cash to get it fixed and it was totaly stock when they brought it in..

thats f'ed up

beaker1214
11-02-2006, 09:01 AM
Yeah I had the same warranty and had many problems with my 400 and they never would cover anything and of course whenever I bought the thing they talked like it was the best freaking thing in the world, yeah I got screwed too.

newrider4002001
11-02-2006, 10:13 AM
thats why i wouldnt buy a brand new honda they screw you over i wont even order parts from our local honda shop any more i waited two weeks for a clutch cable finally got fed up made two phone calls one to my other parts dealer and another to honda to tell them they are stupid !@#$%^. by the way it only took my parts dealer 3 days to get the part and he doesnt even work for honda

11-02-2006, 10:34 AM
You want to bring the quad in stock to or else they will say its your fault like if you haev a aftermarket muffler they will blame every single motor proublum on the pipe cause its not stock. Hell they would probably blame peoples motor troubles on their tires if their not stock. They be like their to heavy for the motor or sumthing and that is why it broke or w'e. :rolleyes:

Kaleigh
11-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Ive been lucky here.. the one place I order honda parts from is a ripoff.. but the other place that just a honda dealer.. and the honda dealer is awesome.. hooks you up everytime you are there.. gives you free stickers with all you purchases(if you are a regular cutomer) next machine ill buy from them.. my buddy got full gear, a full tank of gas, and everything he needed for his break in.. I would have to say.. that is the only dealship based company I would go to.. they have always been great people since they opened.. so EVERYONE goes there.. and its out in the boondocks.. its a shop out in the little country town. BEST PLACE EVER

krt400ex
11-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Kaleigh
Ive been lucky here.. the one place I order honda parts from is a ripoff.. but the other place that just a honda dealer.. and the honda dealer is awesome.. hooks you up everytime you are there.. gives you free stickers with all you purchases(if you are a regular cutomer) next machine ill buy from them.. my buddy got full gear, a full tank of gas, and everything he needed for his break in.. I would have to say.. that is the only dealship based company I would go to.. they have always been great people since they opened.. so EVERYONE goes there.. and its out in the boondocks.. its a shop out in the little country town. BEST PLACE EVER

ya, i have a place like that near me...the inly difference is that they r rediculously expensive. but they don't skimp on anything, and they don't lie about anything...

Ceph
11-03-2006, 02:38 AM
my local Honda dealer treats me great. but they sponsor my stunt team... and i work there. :D

johnsls
11-03-2006, 06:22 AM
Kinda goes to show that the warranty isn't worth it.

Did you check out the stealership b4 you went there?
There had to be other guys in the area with the same problems.

Also I'd call Honda direct and complain. I'm far from knowing anything about engines but thats gotta be a factory install error.

They can't prove even if you did (which I understand you didn't) take any of the bolts off.

Last thing - I'd tell them - Either fix it under warranty or tell them you want your money back for what you paid for the warranty and fix it yourself. And NEVER go back!!

Kaleigh
11-03-2006, 11:38 AM
yea.. thats a great idea.. call Honda themsselves.. Im sure they would help you.. If the smaller companies owners wont help you then go to the top.. tell them you have had issues with the dealer too..

GoingBig
11-03-2006, 05:31 PM
i had problems with my quad burning oil 3 months after i bought it.took it in and they said it was nothing.needless to say it kept burning oil and i kept taking it back. i was getting nowhere with them and and the last time i was in there the midwest honda rep was in htere and heard me complaining and i explained it to him and he made them fix it.the dealership was not happy about it. i just got lucky he was there that day. I also had the 4 yr extended warranty. waht some people dont know is you can cash that back in any time you want and they will just deduct off some money depending on how much time had passed since you got it.i cashed mine back in after they gave me such a hard time about fixing the oil problem.plus everyone is right as soon as you put any upgrades on your machine warrantees are out the door.

Kaleigh
11-03-2006, 05:35 PM
glad to see you got it fixed.. I cant stand that dealers are like that.. it really grinds me gears..

Dweezil
11-03-2006, 09:27 PM
All this dealership bashing kills me..

Man you have some bad dealerships where your at. I've never treated a customers the way yal talk.

On the warranty issue..I'ts not so much up to the dealer if it's covered but more to the effect of how your dealer approches Honda with how it broke.

If they call up and say this part is broke Honda will ask it it looks like the owner did it. If they say yeah, then of course it won't be covered. Now if they tell them the owner has it serviced any keeps up with the maintnce they would be more likely to cover it.

I have seen them turn down things that leave you wondering? Your dealer could put in a helicoil and in about an hour you would be on your way.We have done it many times when this happens and do it for N/C cause a helicoil is only like a dollar.

Kaleigh
11-03-2006, 09:59 PM
we're not bashing all dealerships.. just the ones that give everyone a hard time.. im sure you know what im talkin about.. we have 2 honda dealers here.. one is real good with people.. the other just wants to bend you over and they dont even do that great of a job.. That great that you are not like that.. its the only way to get good business.. I would rather drive 30mins to the other dealership just cause they are nice.. and all my friends go there too.. no one has ever had a problem.. if Honda itself wont fix it.. then they will do what the can to help you out..

krt400ex
11-04-2006, 06:37 AM
ya, well listen to thins....i called the dealership for a new steering stem, and he tols me that they run upwards of $150 for a stocker. and then u need to pay shipping costs ($20) if it needs to be ordered.

i called service honda and they told me it would cost about $63 shipped.

so i told the dealer that i could get one for a third of that price and hung up. that is rediculous

Kaleigh
11-04-2006, 11:13 AM
lmao... thats funny cause I did the same thing.. called for the same part..

Dweezil
11-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Yeah there are a lot of bad dealers out there. It dosent make sense to me how they are.

Some dealers would rather make everything off you like it's the last time there going to sell you something. I would rather get to know em and there machine and sell them a lot of things they need at a good deal rather then stick them every time they come through the door.

Now there are some of those, few sandwiches short a picnic, customers out there that you couldn't make them happy if you gave them thier parts.